January 2014 -- Square Hue SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just checked my tracking and I should be getting my box today!
Mine should be here today, as well!!!  :::fingers crossed:::

Lucky gals!  Mine still says tomorrow, 12/31, which, considering the distance is perfectly AOK with me!

Ooooh! Pictures please! Mine's supposed to be delivered tomorrow and the kid in me is already impatient!!!

Woohoo! Mine made it to my local post office this morning, early enough that it should be delivered today - a day ahead of schedule!

Mine will be delivered tomorrow...but I'm not home for another week. Someone please take pics!

I just signed up today for square hue.  Will I still get the january box or will I have to wait for the february box?

Mine is out for delivery today as well - it's my first box so I can't wait!

Scratch that, apparently my tracking changed and its out for delivery today!  Pity I did my nails last night and am in love with the combo (SH's Nantucket with KPT's Green Awakening on top) even if my cinderella hand is nothing but nubbins right now.

OH EM GEE!  I love!!!

Left to right:  West Elm, Westminster, Buckingham  

West Elm is gorgeous ink blue shimmer that almost looks blurple.  Westminster, while similar in shade to last months pearl, is a cream and Buckingham is a deep raspberry cream.

Once again, I love my SquareHue!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OH EM GEE!  I love!!!

West Elm is gorgeous ink blue shimmer that almost looks blurple.  Westminster, while similar in shade to last months pearl, is a cream and Buckingham is a deep raspberry cream.

Squeeee! I've been craving

a red like that, and I need a good light cream. The blue is awesome, too! 
I can't wait for my box! Thanks so much for sharing!

OH EM GEE!  I love!!!

OMG!!!! I'm in love as well!!!

West Elm looks like it could be a Tardis Blue shimmer. *drools*

I'm not normally a fan of white polishes on their own - they tend to streak for me, but I need to learn to use them as bases for all the fancy shimmer/glitter topcoats I have. I wonder how last month's pearl looks over Westminster. I've been meaning to try it over black, but haven't gotten there yet. I bet it would negate the nudish base color and turn into a shimmering purple/whitish color.

Buckingham looks gorgeous!!

Quote: Originally Posted by lochnessie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Squeeee! I've been craving

a red like that, and I need a good light cream. The blue is awesome, too! 
I can't wait for my box! Thanks so much for sharing!

It's not red.  It's definitely a deep dusty rose/raspberry so more pink leaning.
I just noticed that my card has one colour but the bottle has a different name.  Looks like a printing snafu.  The name on the bottle makes more sense.

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG!!!! I'm in love as well!!!

West Elm looks like it could be a Tardis Blue shimmer. *drools*

I'm not normally a fan of white polishes on their own - they tend to streak for me, but I need to learn to use them as bases for all the fancy shimmer/glitter topcoats I have. I wonder how last month's pearl looks over Westminster. I've been meaning to try it over black, but haven't gotten there yet. I bet it would negate the nudish base color and turn into a shimmering purple/whitish color.

Buckingham looks gorgeous!!

Definitely not tardis at all.  It says West Elm on the card but West End on the bottle

Definitely not tardis at all.  It says West Elm on the card but West End on the bottle

Well, fooey. It's still dark blue, and still shimmery, and I'll still love it when I get home, even if it isn't the perfect Tardis Blue.

It's not red.  It's definitely a deep dusty rose/raspberry so more pink leaning.
I just noticed that my card has one colour but the bottle has a different name.  Looks like a printing snafu.  The name on the bottle makes more sense.

Doh! You totally said that in your color description, too - but even so, that sounds gorgeous!

Definitely excited for the blurple. The white, I'll have to see it on me to decide. Raspberry creme, thank god it's not red!! Was slightly hoping for a gray color, but I'm sure I'll love them more in person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
GET HERE NOW!

Put them on swatch sticks.  The Westminster is a yellow-leaning cream and it swatched nicely with minimal streaking.  The West End is dark, dark inky blurple and you can't really tell it's a shimmer.   Buckingham is deep, dark rose and while I do like it, it's my least fav and I'm betting I have some other polish a lot like it.

Being the world's most impatient person, I've clicked on all the spoilers.  I think the colors mostly look great but...

...please, SquareHue, PLEEZ, stop with the yellows and yellow tones!!  Of all the colors in a color wheel, I think those are the least flattering for nail polish.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Being the world's most impatient person, I've clicked on all the spoilers.  I think the colors mostly look great but...

...please, SquareHue, PLEEZ, stop with the yellows and yellow tones!!  Of all the colors in a color wheel, I think those are the least flattering for nail polish.

What about using Broadway from last month as a top coat over Westminister? Or Butter London's Brass Monkey? I think either of them would help a lot.    Dang... Now I have to go swatch!!!

Back