January 2014 -- Square Hue SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just swatched all the new January colors.  Love Buckingham and West End, had no probs with the formula.  Westminster was streaky for me and was my least favorite.

Just got my box (my first!) and I'll be swatching them tonight,.  I have to say that I was a little surprised at how small the brushes are, though.  I was expecting something a bit more substantial.

Not sure how I feel about this month, the colors aren't all that imaginative.    Am I the only person who isn't seeing the shimmer in West Elm when it's on?    It looks like a fairly middle of the road Navy Blue on me - and it was fairly awful to work with.  I needed 3 coats to get even coverage.... glumpy, splotchy with cuticle bleed and took forever to dry.

I had major chipping after a few days and when I  removed it last night - I looked like an evil smurf - the color ran all over my hands.   The running color might have been due to the 3 coats I had to use.   

I'm going to give the other colors a try - I've been sick for a few days so I'm a cranky snot beast which is why I'm going to withhold any judgement.   

Quote: Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Not sure how I feel about this month, the colors aren't all that imaginative.    Am I the only person who isn't seeing the shimmer in West Elm when it's on?    It looks like a fairly middle of the road Navy Blue on me - and it was fairly awful to work with.  I needed 3 coats to get even coverage.... glumpy, splotchy with cuticle bleed and took forever to dry.

I had major chipping after a few days and when I  removed it last night - I looked like an evil smurf - the color ran all over my hands.   The running color might have been due to the 3 coats I had to use.   

I'm going to give the other colors a try - I've been sick for a few days so I'm a cranky snot beast which is why I'm going to withhold any judgement.   
I am so uninspired by the colors that I haven't even swatched them.  

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am so uninspired by the colors that I haven't even swatched them.  
I'm swatching now - I have a backlog of polish to swatch and photograph that is in danger of becoming cat toys.  

I've swatched the batch...  3 Coats on each stick.   This will not go down as my favorite Square Hue month.   

Edited to Hide the Swatches

I'm so easy with polish colours, it's obscene.  SquareHue and Color Me Monthly are still my fav subs and I can't see myself cancelling either.  The only SqH I ever truly hated was that hideous chartreuse from the desert collection...

He's a pic of my new CMM.  I'm going to give it a go tonight.  It looks awesome gorgeous on the stick.  CMM is $7 a month which to me, is excellent for an indie sub.

Quote: Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You aren't the only one.  I was a little bummed about the lack of shimmer on the nail but, at the same time, i like having a nice dark navy polish.  I'm not really inspired to swatch these for my blog, but I feel like I have to since this is my first box from them.

Back