January 2014 -- Square Hue SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OH EM GEE!  I love!!!

Me, too!  I can't describe / say it better than anyone else, but I just took a few pics as well to convince my friends to sign up!

It will always be TARDIS blue in my 
1f.gif
 !

Quote: Originally Posted by Hariette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What about using Broadway from last month as a top coat over Westminister? Or Butter London's Brass Monkey? I think either of them would help a lot.    Dang... Now I have to go swatch!!!
EXCELLENT ideas, thanks!!

I just wonder why they sent out almost the same color scheme as last month (white, red). I was really hoping for a purple, IDK why haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OH EM GEE!  I love!!!

Me, too!  I can't describe / say it better than anyone else, but I just took a few pics as well to convince my friends to sign up!

It will always be TARDIS blue in my 
1f.gif
 !
I like the colors for this month but I'm not in love with them. I can't wait to try Westminster though.

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just wonder why they sent out almost the same color scheme as last month (white, red). I was really hoping for a purple, IDK why haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm guessing that since the theme was London, and the Union Jack is red, white, and blue, this is the result...of sorts.

I love it.  Can't wait till my box gets here. Says it is out for delivery today.  Whoo hoo!!!

SquareHue just confirmed the discrepancy on the polish label vs. the card on Instagram - they posted a picture saying "Ok. So we are picky about colors, not so much about proof reading. It's West End not West Elm." At least the polish is the one that's labeled correctly!

I just swatched all three, and Buckingham is definitely my fave - it's simply beautiful!

I was going to skip or cancel because I don't need any more polish. But I love Buckingham so much I may keep it for a couple of months. And next month looks interesting.

This was my second month with Square Hue and I feel like it is just okay.  I have colors just like West End and Buckingham already and I don't think I like Westminster.  I'll try it once, but it's not a color a wear.  I'm excited to see what they come up with for Tokyo.  

This was my second month with Square Hue and I feel like it is just okay.  I have colors just like West End and Buckingham already and I don't think I like Westminster.  I'll try it once, but it's not a color a wear.  I'm excited to see what they come up with for Tokyo.  
I'm in the same boat - this was my second month, and while I'm okay with the colors so far, I'm not in love with them. They're nice to have in my collection, but I'm wondering if the $20/month would be better spent on indies/random sales/etc. I definitely respect squarehue as a company, though - great communication, amazingly prompt billing/shipping, and a solid product. I think I'll stick around for Tokyo, though - I'm definitely intrigued by that spoiler.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  And..... the February preview picture is up already!  Who guessed

Tokyo
?  You were right!

wizard.gif
claps.gif

For my next trick, I'll predict we go to Paris in February. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Buckingham, and while I have something like West End, I like it enough to keep as a spare. Westminster has application issues for me, but I wasn't particularly patient while swatching. I grouped my SHs (Feb 13-Jan 14) by color instead of collection yesterday just to see, and they send out a lot of reds, yellows, and blues. I'd love to see more purple or black/browns: some really rich tones. I feel like their formula is too runny to make applying the light colors easy, but the darker, more saturated colors go on well for me.

I really want last year's January collection. Has anyone been able to buy past collections from SH or is eBay the only way?

Quote: Originally Posted by formul8edphrase /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wizard.gif
claps.gif

For my next trick, I'll predict we go to Paris in February. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Buckingham, and while I have something like West End, I like it enough to keep as a spare. Westminster has application issues for me, but I wasn't particularly patient while swatching. I grouped my SHs (Feb 13-Jan 14) by color instead of collection yesterday just to see, and they send out a lot of reds, yellows, and blues. I'd love to see more purple or black/browns: some really rich tones. I feel like their formula is too runny to make applying the light colors easy, but the darker, more saturated colors go on well for me.

I really want last year's January collection. Has anyone been able to buy past collections from SH or is eBay the only way?
eBay is probably the only way for the January collection from last year.  You can email them directly to see what collections are still available for sale, but January was so long ago and at such a smaller-subscriber-base time (not to mention just so awesome that demand probably soared as soon as people saw what the colors were) that I would be surprised if they had any left.

I do like Buckingham (have it on now) but for me the formula was a bit of pain to work with. It was splotchy after 2 coats/thick and now is taking eons to dryyyy. It's so pretty tho!

I do like Buckingham (have it on now) but for me the formula was a bit of pain to work with. It was splotchy after 2 coats/thick and now is taking eons to dryyyy. It's so pretty tho!
Oh wow - I didn't have any problems when doing my swatch stick.  I'll have to see how it behaves on my nails.

Quote: Originally Posted by formul8edphrase /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wizard.gif
claps.gif

Paris is a wonderful guess for February!

That's interesting about grouping your SqH polishes by color.  I can understand lots of reds, since it is nail polish, and also if there were a lot of pinks.  I'm just tired of the yellows and yellow tones; in the last two boxes (Dec & Jan) we've gotten two light yellows that are different in finish but similar in shade.  I'd love to see more purples and especially more holos.

Edit:  Looking at the February preview picture a little more, purple and green look fairly prominent.  PLEASE not another lime green, though!  We haven't had an emerald or forest green in a while, have we?

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Paris is a wonderful guess for February!

That's interesting about grouping your SqH polishes by color.  I can understand lots of reds, since it is nail polish, and also if there were a lot of pinks.  I'm just tired of the yellows and yellow tones; in the last two boxes (Dec & Jan) we've gotten two light yellows that are different in finish but similar in shade.  I'd love to see more purples and especially more holos.

Edit:  Looking at the February preview picture a little more, purple and green look fairly prominent.  PLEASE not another lime green, though!  We haven't had an emerald or forest green in a while, have we?

Not since last March IIRC for the St. Paddy's Day theme.

Hmm. I put Buckingham on last night and didn't have any issues with it and it dried normally for me as well.  I prefer to do the first coat very thin then build up the color from that.

I LOVED December (took advantage of the black Friday deal to get first box for $5), and I'm wearing Times Square right now. GORGEOUS color.

But January was pretty lack luster for me. It felt too similar to December. I'm excited for the Tokyo sneak peak though, so I can't wait for February already. With all my new nail polish, I need a new nail polish rack! Oi!

Back