January 2014 -- Square Hue SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait. This will be my second month. I would love a gray blue, a royal purple, and a chunky glitter!

Aaaand thus confirming my adamant declaration that this is *the* most reliable sub I have ever encountered, I just received my tracking information from stamps.com!  It probably won't go out until Monday, but they have a history of getting stuff out within just a couple of days of generating that tracking information, so I have no doubt it will be in my mailbox soon, most likely by next Saturday (I always add a couple of extra days whenever there's a holiday), although given how hosed all package delivery networks are right now, I'm not going to be too concerned until after the 10th. 

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Aaaand thus confirming my adamant declaration that this is *the* most reliable sub I have ever encountered, I just received my tracking information from stamps.com!  It probably won't go out until Monday, but they have a history of getting stuff out within just a couple of days of generating that tracking information, so I have no doubt it will be in my mailbox soon, most likely by next Saturday (I always add a couple of extra days whenever there's a holiday), although given how hosed all package delivery networks are right now, I'm not going to be too concerned until after the 10th. 

I received my tracking information as well! I'm amused that they actually showed a teaser pic on Instagram:

Which looks like it could be a dark blue or a dark grey.

I got not 1, but 3 notices that my Square Hue order has shipped! They aren't repeating themselves; they let me know that my 2 gifts subbies were sent, too! Come to Mama you 3 new lovelies.

I received my tracking information as well! I'm amused that they actually showed a teaser pic on Instagram:
Which looks like it could be a dark blue or a dark grey.
Does that look blue?

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does that look blue?
It's filtered, but it looks like a dark gray that leans green on my monitor.

It shipped! 
icon_cheers.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does that look blue?
On my monitor it looks

dark shimmery cobalt blue
and I LOVE it!!

Hey, everybody!  Extreme rambling nerdery ahead!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  On my monitor it looks

dark shimmery cobalt blue
and I LOVE it!!

Thanks to the filters, 

I get the dark charcoal-leaning blue, and I don't see any shimmer (which I attribute to how little of the bottle I can make out), but I love pretty much any shade of blue (except _Forty Shades of Blue_.  That was one of the most excruciatingly long and boring movies I have *ever* seen), with or without shimmer.  Of course, all of the nerds (I am including myself) will immediately proclaim it to be a TARDIS blue.  (And super-nerds like myself will sniff at anyone who says it's not bright enough to be Pantone 2955C because everyone knows that there have been several different TARDIS shades over the years.  Didn't you see the lineup in "The Day of the Doctor"?)   Anyway.  Last night, I Googled "london blue," and I discovered that there is actually a gem referred to as the London Blue Topaz, and heritage markers -- Jimi Hendrix lived here, Charles Dickens lived near here, Alan Turing was born here, FDR convalesced here, Oscar WIlde went to school here -- are also a bright shade of blue, but it looks like their use was discontinued earlier this year due to lack of funding.
Anyway.  The New York collection was really easy to pick through inspiration-wise, but I'm a giant nerd (as evidenced by the Pantone thing), so I am really looking forward to digging into the history/symbolic meaning behind whatever colors they pick.  Colors have history and symbolic meaning in a lot of places (for example, I live in an area where, if you're over a certain age, all-red clothing automatically means a certain cult even though they disbanded a couple of decades ago, and then there's orange-versus-green in Ireland).  

And I notice that the text on the photo says, "Winter redefined...  or shall we say 'refined'."  Once you get past the first week of winter (and Christmas is just a few days after it officially starts), I always associate blue and gray with winter, so my mind automatically jumps to those.  I thought the January 2013 collections -- Arctic, with a steely blue microglitter, a flakie top coat, and a gorgeous light-medium blue cream -- was *perfect* for January (it helps that January is also _Alice in Wonderland_ month for me -- it's a long story involving my birthday -- and that blue cream is a total Alice color), so I'm really curious to see how they could possibly top it.

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Q:  Does that look blue?

A: I think it does!  And would make perfect sense as TARDIS Blue since Doctor Who just had a massive 50-year celebration!

I would be in heaven if that turns out to be a Tardis Blue.

Quote: Originally Posted by lochnessie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box's tracking updated and it's on the move! Expected delivery on December 31st! 
yey.gif

Mine too!!  :-D

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks to the filters, 

I get the dark charcoal-leaning blue, and I don't see any shimmer (which I attribute to how little of the bottle I can make out), but I love pretty much any shade of blue (except _Forty Shades of Blue_.  That was one of the most excruciatingly long and boring movies I have *ever* seen), with or without shimmer.  Of course, all of the nerds (I am including myself) will immediately proclaim it to be a TARDIS blue.  (And super-nerds like myself will sniff at anyone who says it's not bright enough to be Pantone 2955C because everyone knows that there have been several different TARDIS shades over the years.  Didn't you see the lineup in "The Day of the Doctor"?)   Anyway.  Last night, I Googled "london blue," and I discovered that there is actually a gem referred to as the London Blue Topaz, and heritage markers -- Jimi Hendrix lived here, Charles Dickens lived near here, Alan Turing was born here, FDR convalesced here, Oscar WIlde went to school here -- are also a bright shade of blue, but it looks like their use was discontinued earlier this year due to lack of funding.
Anyway.  The New York collection was really easy to pick through inspiration-wise, but I'm a giant nerd (as evidenced by the Pantone thing), so I am really looking forward to digging into the history/symbolic meaning behind whatever colors they pick.  Colors have history and symbolic meaning in a lot of places (for example, I live in an area where, if you're over a certain age, all-red clothing automatically means a certain cult even though they disbanded a couple of decades ago, and then there's orange-versus-green in Ireland).  

And I notice that the text on the photo says, "Winter redefined...  or shall we say 'refined'."  Once you get past the first week of winter (and Christmas is just a few days after it officially starts), I always associate blue and gray with winter, so my mind automatically jumps to those.  I thought the January 2013 collections -- Arctic, with a steely blue microglitter, a flakie top coat, and a gorgeous light-medium blue cream -- was *perfect* for January (it helps that January is also _Alice in Wonderland_ month for me -- it's a long story involving my birthday -- and that blue cream is a total Alice color), so I'm really curious to see how they could possibly top it.
I love London Blue topaz. It looks expensive but you can get it cheap and if anyone asks if it's real the answer is yes, same with white topaz.

Back