Julep April 2012 Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my box and I'm not too ecstatic to say the least. Oh, well. I took my chances.

Melissa — This is only the second box that I ever got from Julep and it's annoying that I'd get a dupe already, considering how many polish colors they have. I do think it's pretty but this one goes to the trade thread.

Oscar — I'm not big on glitter polishes. This one goes to the trade thread too.

Helena — At first when I saw this my reaction was "Whoa, that's bright!", but I think it's growing on me. I'll give it a try.

Base coat — I was hoping for a top coat, or anything else, because I can only use Nailtiques as a base, since I have terribly peeling nails.

Cuticle Oil — This I like and will use.

And I did eat the chocolates :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So not a great box for me overall. I hope you ladies like yours better.

I used a referral link that they posted on the BB thread... and it worked :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did you get the promo? I signed up as a new customer like others said to do and nothing is showing up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sorry about your Julep box!

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wont get my box today after all because according to the USPS it was UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED ... Yeaa so I called Julep and since they had shipping issues with my first box as well. I asked for a refund. I will now place a Zoya order, where I get to use my promo for a free polish and free shipping, yey!! screw Julep and their stupid shipping

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wont get my box today after all because according to the USPS it was UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED ... Yeaa so I called Julep and since they had shipping issues with my first box as well. I asked for a refund. I will now place a Zoya order, where I get to use my promo for a free polish and free shipping, yey!! screw Julep and their stupid shipping

afaik, the only way you can get free shipping from the zoya promo is if you buy two other polishes...

No an actual link you click on and then create your account from that link, otherwise the promo code wont show up in 'My Account'

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Referral link? Do you mean a promo code?

@yanelib27 - if i understood it correctly, you only get free shipping with the Zoya referral link if you buy two other polishes with it.

I bought 3 polishes, one was free so I paid 16.00 total, no shipping

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@yanelib27 - if i understood it correctly, you only get free shipping with the Zoya referral link if you buy two other polishes with it.

Mystery Solved! - Received my mystery box today and overall, I"m pleased with the contents. Sure, winning a massive GC would have been amazing but this isn't bad either when I"ve only done the intro box and the mystery box for a total of $20

Cuticle Oil - always could use more of this

Top Coat - just ran out so a blessing

Hayden - Loved the color in the bottle but went on a bit thick. Will have to play with it

Helena - Loved loved loved - Such a pretty purple color. Not a fan of darks unless bright. Enjoying much more than the Zoya Lotus which looked pretty in the bottle but muddy on my fingers

Melissa - was hoping I get this 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I added and checked out and was able to get free polish and free shipping

wtf, it wouldn't work for me! I'll have to try again. I've been a loyal zoya customer for years, this is the least they could do lol.

Oh wait, this is with making a new account? I thought we were just talking about the share the love program that has recently started. 

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mystery Solved! - Received my mystery box today and overall, I"m pleased with the contents. Sure, winning a massive GC would have been amazing but this isn't bad either when I"ve only done the intro box and the mystery box for a total of $20

Cuticle Oil - always could use more of this

Top Coat - just ran out so a blessing

Hayden - Loved the color in the bottle but went on a bit thick. Will have to play with it

Helena - Loved loved loved - Such a pretty purple color. Not a fan of darks unless bright. Enjoying much more than the Zoya Lotus which looked pretty in the bottle but muddy on my fingers

Melissa - was hoping I get this 

I got the exact same box and am not thrilled. Wondering if anyone would participate in a Julep  open trade thread. 

The Hayden is on my toes right now. I keep wanting to think it's a nice cantaloupe color but then once in a while I think it looks like Kraft cheese. 

Here's a question: To cut or not cut cuticles? When I get my nails done they always want to cut my cuticles, and usually I let them. One of the nail techs told me that if I keep cutting them they will get thicker and be harder to tame. I know cuticles are a barrier to germs, etc. and I prefer not to cut. If you don't cut your cuticles how do you keep them looking nice? Mine just get so ragged!

Don't cut. There is just no need to cut the epinychium (what the cuticle is called). My suggestion is to use oils and treatments and simply push it back as needed.

Does anyone know of another brand that sells a good cuticle oil? I don't like Julep's because it smells like lavender.

*in my bestest Spongebob Squarepants singing voicey* IT'S THE BEST DAY EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! 
w00t.gif

Congrats!!! You got your Alicia dupe and the GC! Woooo! Now you can buy some polishes and spend that $50 you saved on LBB instead haha

I just spent that gift certificate in record time, btw. 
icon_lol.gif
 Got it 30 minutes ago and it's already gone! HAHAHAHA.

I got the It Girl Intro box (for Helena, the other two colors are just a bonus), April It Girl (all three colors are fab, I LOVE Niecy), and the March Bombshell box (for Natasha and the Argan oil alone, already have Sofia). I'll have 3 extra bottles of Argan oil, which is fab, I've almost used up my first one. I seem to go through one a month or so! I'm stocked up now! WOOHOO! Out of pocket cost for all of that was a few pennies under $10 after using my GC.

Still want Carrie, Parker, January, and some cuticle oil eventually. 
heart.gif

Oh and I had no dupes in my box (unless you count the top coat, but I always can use extra bottles of that). I SUPER wanted Hayden, so yaaay! 

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats!!! You got your Alicia dupe and the GC! Woooo! Now you can buy some polishes and spend that $50 you saved on LBB instead haha

It's actually Hayden. They look SUPER similar. 
icon_eek.gif
 I wanted Hayden badly, so it's a WIN for me!

And hahaha, I'm totally rationalizing like that! I was like, "Oh hai $50 Julep GC, I can haz another LBB? LBB iz 50 of the dollars, and you are 50 of the dollars. I saved the dollars by winning yous. I can haz!!!" 
biggrin.gif

Yes, yes, it all makes complete sense to me! 
laughing.gif

Woo hoo!
yay.gif
 Congrats

My son used to sing that song everyday.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*in my bestest Spongebob Squarepants singing voicey* IT'S THE BEST DAY EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! 
w00t.gif

Back