Julep April 2012 Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my box today. It was similar to Autumn's... topcoat, cuticle oil, Melissa, Alicia & Heather, file and chocolates.  I would've loved the gift card, black bag or lotion with SPF, but then again, I'm just happy that Melissa was my only dupe.  Heather is a light purple foil which I like, and Aleicia is a very pretty light coral.  $74 worth for $20... I'll take it.  Now to stop looking to see what everyone else receives... lol

Not looking at what others get seems to be the trick with all these services lol.

Melissa & Anne are repeats for me 2 but I'm giving the entire box to my mom for mothers day. And I think that's my 3rd cuticle oil. I'm hoping for the gift certificate!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Melissa & Anne are repeats for me 2 but I'm giving the entire box to my mom for mothers day. And I think that's my 3rd cuticle oil. I'm hoping for the gift certificate!
That's a great idea for Mother's Day! 

I received Fast Dry Topcoat, Cuticle Oil, Heather, Alicia, & Melissa (which I just got in my penny box a few days ago) plus the file & chocolates.  No makeup bag....but this Mystery Box stuff is addicting!  I don't like Melissa by itself, but I'm wearing it over Leah right now and I kinda like it.  I really love pastels and spring type colors.  Not much into dark colors like reds & browns.  My box weighed 12 ounces and shipped First Class Mail if anyone was wondering.  I can't wait to see what everyone gets!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ugh, I can't believe I'm waiting for this, my BB, and my New Beauty test tube. I wish they'd all come on different days so that I could appreciate them more! 

If I dont get a cuticle oil in my box, I am going to PM you to see if we ca set up a trade. I want one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UGHHH I got another Melissa. I guess I have two up for trade now! Add a second cuticle oil to my trade list as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also got Alicia (I don't wear pink :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( ) and Heather (silver) which I like, and the top coat.

Over all this was not worth $20 for me...but it was fun to get a surprise anyway :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received mine today also and received dupes of Alicia and Heather. Let me know if anyone wants to trade. I have several colors but try me if you're interested :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I want a dupe of Alicia SO bad! I've used up half of my bottle already. It's not so much a pink as it is a bright salmon creme. It's the PERFECT spring and summer color. It's going to look especially great once I get tan. Looooves! I'd also love to get Parker, Niecy, Carrie, Helena, and Natasha. 
wub.gif

Yay okay!! Though I think everyone with the mystery box gets it! We can always trade colors too if you don't like something you get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a ton of julep colors sitting around...i'm soooo picky, I don't know why I get the mystery bags haha the last one I got I didn't like a single one of the colors! I did at first but realized they look terrible with my skin tone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I dont get a cuticle oil in my box, I am going to PM you to see if we ca set up a trade. I want one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I want a dupe of Alicia SO bad! I've used up half of my bottle already. It's not so much a pink as it is a bright salmon creme. It's the PERFECT spring and summer color. It's going to look especially great once I get tan. Looooves! I'd also love to get Parker, Niecy, Carrie, Helena, and Natasha. 
wub.gif
Do you think I would like Alicia? I always thought those cream/pastel colors don't look good on my skin tone (olive/tan)! I HATE pink...but I like different tones of pink (ones that are more towards purple, red, orange) so maybe I would like this one!

Mine is shipping first class mail, so hopefully it will be here by Saturday. I'm so excited, this is my first mystery box! Hopefully it doesn't turn into a habit lol. 

Now that you mention it, I got a Charlotte with my intro box and the purple is just too dark for me, are you interested? If so, I will look through your list. Thanks!

Yay okay!! Though I think everyone with the mystery box gets it! We can always trade colors too if you don't like something you get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a ton of julep colors sitting around...i'm soooo picky, I don't know why I get the mystery bags haha the last one I got I didn't like a single one of the colors! I did at first but realized they look terrible with my skin tone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@yanelib

I actually got this one in my intro box too and gave it to my colleague :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks though! For some reason the shade just didn't work on me...

Mine is also shipping First Class Mail and should be here by Sat.. & if the PO doesnt mess up again, it could be here tomorrow!

K I will send u a message when I get my box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@yanelib

I actually got this one in my intro box too and gave it to my colleague :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks though! For some reason the shade just didn't work on me...

Do you think I would like Alicia? I always thought those cream/pastel colors don't look good on my skin tone (olive/tan)! I HATE pink...but I like different tones of pink (ones that are more towards purple, red, orange) so maybe I would like this one!

It's a super beachy sunny salmon creme that looks great with a tan, in my opinion, but of course, my opinion may differ from yours. 
hehe.gif
 I think it's a beautiful bright pedicure color, if nothing else. Pretty with sandals. 
smile.gif

Got my mystery box today, pretty underwhelming, two dupes (oscar and melissa). Fortunately I got one true springy color (helena). But I am excited to try the top coat and cuticle oil. This was my first mystery box, so I'm on the fence about whether I'll do it again if the chance of getting dupes is high because I'm not really in to mailing things out to people for trades. Though my boyfriend's sister loves painting her nails, so they could make great gifts.

Stoked about mine: I got 4 nail colors I didn't have (January, Melissa, either Hayden or Pippa, and a nude) and a cuticle oil. I only had five seconds to check the box before running out of the house, hence being fuzzy about the colors, but I am really happy! I got the portia/alicia box last month and didn't want duplicates, even though lots of the boxes seem to have them.

I didn't even have time to open my Test Tube! 

I like Alicia--it comes off more salmon than pastel pink.

Back