Julep: April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this on FB before they deleted the post because they wrote "April" as "Aprit" XD. But the product for this month is going to be:

http://blog.julep.com/psst-sneak-peek-at-april-maven-product/
http://www.sephora.com/mighty-nail-cuticle-serum-P378024?skuId=1494830

I wonder if that means the colours in the boxes are going to be the ones from the Sephora store then... when Sephora had the exclusive suede colours, I think they had them for like 2-3 months before we got them in the Nov box

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just saw this on FB before they deleted the post because they wrote "April" as "Aprit" XD. But the product for this month is going to be:

http://blog.julep.com/psst-sneak-peek-at-april-maven-product/
http://www.sephora.com/mighty-nail-cuticle-serum-P378024?skuId=1494830

I wonder if that means the colours in the boxes are going to be the ones from the Sephora store then... when Sephora had the exclusive suede colours, I think they had them for like 2-3 months before we got them in the Nov box
They do sell the Rock Candy Glaze there :

http://www.sephora.com/rock-candy-nail-glaze-P378028?skuId=1492727

You could be on to something.

i'm confused... are you guys thinking that all the products that are on sephora are going to be in the april box? most of the julep products on sephora have not ever been in stock to my knowledge.

i'm confused... are you guys thinking that all the products that are on sephora are going to be in the april box? most of the julep products on sephora have not ever been in stock to my knowledge.
Exactly ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol. But we already know that the "rock candy" polishes are coming soon. And the fact that they're on the sephora website already, (granted that sephora has gotten many new polishes before they "officially" came out) is a good indicator that we'll be getting them very soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah. With that. I'll be going with It Girl, but if the rock candy is in the box, I'll be skipping :l

I hope they have the rock candy polishes. Well only 2 more days until we find out!

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not into sheer polishes
frown.gif
they just don't look good to me
You can always layer them, use white as a base or make a jelly sandwich.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can always layer them, use white as a base or make a jelly sandwich.
I don't have any jellies so I am hoping for sheers so I can make a sandwich.

I'll be honest-- Julep's formulas for nail polish seem random at best (I love Ginger but Laura seemed watery, the pastels from last month). I'm going to skip the Rock Candy polishes until there is a wider set of "this works well/this is crap" thoughts. It's a newish formulation for Julep and that is always problematical for most polish companies. (Hoping that the Rock Candy formula works out but I'm not spending money on them until I see results from more people)

yeah, of course i know but i can get it for free doing that, and just pay shipping. coupon code freebox gets me robin, stefani and the warming foot scrub for $3.99
When I did Julep canceled the order since my address had already received the promo code box...

If the April boxes contain the RockCandy polishes I'll be skipping -- I find that I'm disappointed by most Julep formulas and wish that I'd waited until I'd seen the reviews before I purchased them. Ginger was amazing but Laura was watery and really difficult. I just don't find Julep's formula consistant enough (and I find it off putting that I can't find very many Rock Candy reviews online even though they have been at Sephora for a while).  I really don't want the Cuticle treatment so the whole month will be a miss for me.

When I did Julep canceled the order since my address had already received the promo code box...
I find that a little ridiculous, what if you moved out and someone else just found Julep??

I find that a little ridiculous, what if you moved out and someone else just found Julep??
I'm not sure. I just know when I tried to order my mom a box and get me some add ons with it they canceled the order for the box but sent the add ons.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure. I just know when I tried to order my mom a box and get me some add ons with it they canceled the order for the box but sent the add ons.
interesting. i've honestly done it before as i wanted to get a friend a good gift on a tight budget at the time. 

Originally Posted by casby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If the April boxes contain the RockCandy polishes I'll be skipping -- I find that I'm disappointed by most Julep formulas and wish that I'd waited until I'd seen the reviews before I purchased them. Ginger was amazing but Laura was watery and really difficult. I just don't find Julep's formula consistant enough (and I find it off putting that I can't find very many Rock Candy reviews online even though they have been at Sephora for a while).  I really don't want the Cuticle treatment so the whole month will be a miss for me.
agreed. i've skipped the last 4 months because of their formula. i don't like any of their polishes, and just keep the sub around just in CASE there are some colors I can't say no to. and because I have jules to spend and idk what to do with them!

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They match Name, Address and Credit Card numbers. 

so if any 2 of those have been used for a free box promo before, then they will cancel the order

What about if say you have a little sister that is just getting Julep? Different name, same adress and cc info? I just think there's too many maybes to cancel someones order without getting all the circumstances

They match Name, Address and Credit Card numbers.  so if any 2 of those have been used for a free box promo before, then they will cancel the order

Back