Julep: April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Soo... I thought the April boxes would be released today? I haven't seen anything yet.
Tomorrow morning! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can't wait!

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly. I would only really see it as a 'scam' if the friend then also used the promo to get an intro box. I understand the intentions are obviously good, but if you use the promo to gift a friend an intro box & then she likes it & uses the promo code to order her own intro box...technically she's getting two boxes at the promo price  OR you can look at it the other way... if you used the promo yourself & then used it again to gift your friend an intro box, then you're getting two boxes at the promo price yourself, even though you're giving one away. Either way, it's against the policy on the intro box discounts. 

Like I said, obviously in this sort of situation you're not really trying to 'scam' anyone, but from a completely factual standpoint it is against the rules. 

Right.. I'll just go to 4 different guy friends, make them all sign up for a penny box under a different profile and then make them give them all to me! 4 boxes for $.04!! (I am not doing that of course because I don't think it's "fair".. lol)

Although, technically. From a "factual" standpoint, that's not against the rules. Cuz one 1 person bought the boxes ;p

Right.. I'll just go to 4 different guy friends, make them all sign up for a penny box under a different profile and then make them give them all to me! 4 boxes for $.04!! (I am not doing that of course because I don't think it's "fair".. lol)

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly. I would only really see it as a 'scam' if the friend then also used the promo to get an intro box. I understand the intentions are obviously good, but if you use the promo to gift a friend an intro box & then she likes it & uses the promo code to order her own intro box...technically she's getting two boxes at the promo price  OR you can look at it the other way... if you used the promo yourself & then used it again to gift your friend an intro box, then you're getting two boxes at the promo price yourself, even though you're giving one away. Either way, it's against the policy on the intro box discounts. 

Like I said, obviously in this sort of situation you're not really trying to 'scam' anyone, but from a completely factual standpoint it is against the rules. 
no, I should've added that julep was contacted to transfer the subscription, so she paid in full for the next box

lol i'm a new maven and obsessive about it; last time I checked at midnight, 7am and 8am eastern time. will just wait until ~10

Last time it was updated in the store not too long after midnight. I didn't get the email until well into the next day...

Last time it was updated in the store not too long after midnight. I didn't get the email until well into the next day...

I read your name as the maraschino cherries. And now I want some.

.... so knowing me I'll check at midnight. If it has not been updated then I'll check around 11am. 
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read your name as the maraschino cherries. And now I want some.
That made me smile!!!  I'm going to tell my co-workers... no one can say my last name... so they were looking for a nickname... you gave me one!!!!!  thanks chica!! 

Haha! Happy to be of service :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That made me smile!!!  I'm going to tell my co-workers... no one can say my last name... so they were looking for a nickname... you gave me one!!!!!  thanks chica!! 

Back