Julep April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering the Bombshell box, as it has that pretty tangerine-ish color.  Thanks for the links, even *I* didn't get lost 
eek.gif

Thanks again for the sample! 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the PM, sending it out today.

If you put a dollap of the Julep one in your hands there is no odd smell but if you rub it together there is an odd smell... almost like a mint. Ahh, looking at the ingredients and I see there is mint in as well as sage. I think the two together smells odd. I'm not a sage fan at all. I'm using the Julep pedi creme on my hands since my hands are so dry right now.

Another thing... if you LIKE the Julep creme but don't want to pay $22 for the 2 oz bottle get another Julep box for $19.99. The four links below has the creme in it so you can get the creme and two more polishes for less than the the creme on it's own.

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-american-beauty-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-boho-glam-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-bombshell-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-classic-with-a-twist-box

ok so im confused...I just signed up for the julep site and when it shows me my selection all the options are from past months. its showing last months it girl, the boho from 2 months ago, and an oscar one. is it like that for everyone else too?

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok so im confused...I just signed up for the julep site and when it shows me my selection all the options are from past months. its showing last months it girl, the boho from 2 months ago, and an oscar one. is it like that for everyone else too?

Yeah, the intro box is different than the regular maven box for that month. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, the intro box is different than the regular maven box for that month. 

ooooooo....I wish I would have known that before painfully deciding which april box I wanted lol. Thanks for letting me know 
smile.gif

They'll have the April boxes up in the Maven shop soon though, so then you can order one there if you still want one of those! =]

I got my add ons in the mail and I'm so happy that I got Parker and the light blue color! They're both really pretty.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They'll have the April boxes up in the Maven shop soon though, so then you can order one there if you still want one of those! =]

I got my add ons in the mail and I'm so happy that I got Parker and the light blue color! They're both really pretty.

I think I might hold off then because I really love this months colors. In particular the same two you do haha. Thanks again for your help 
laughing.gif

Yeah, that's a bummer to me--I had thought that my first box from them would have the argan oil in it, but I got the hand cream instead, as it was the intro box. I'll keep my eyes open, however, now that I know previous month's boxes are in the boutique.

What does the Morocco oil smell like?  I tried Kiehl's argan oil, but the smell of that one was reminiscent of pine to me, and that's not a scent I can have right by my nose for any amount of time (I'm specifically interested in it for use on my face, so the scent is a very crucial consideration for me).

They posted on fb that they would do a easter mystery box if they got to 500 likes. They are over that now so I'm hoping to get one!

I have pictures of all the colors from the march/april boho glam box + the color jessica .. I really love Jessica.. I literally just swatched it once all over the nail & it completely covered!! My blog links in my signature but I put all the colors on my nails for everyone to see :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There is a direct link on their fb. Have a feeling these will go fast! I'm tempted to get 2 but will try not 2 be greedy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Think ill go for the spring mystery box! Will they have random colors from previous boxes or...?

I'm trying so hard to resist...I skipped the St patrick's day one but I loved the Valentine's day one I got. Hmmm

The only reason I am going to skip is that I am hoping to get the QVC Test Tube, so I am holding out for that. 

That would be a good exchange.. I'd like to try that subscription as well

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only reason I am going to skip is that I am hoping to get the QVC Test Tube, so I am holding out for that. 

This will be my first month trying Julep

For those who have gotten the mystery boxes are they worth it?

What kind of items do they have?

It's usually a mix of polishes, then the box "extras" (like creams or hair topcoat) that were in the recent Maven boxes. I suspect mine will have a few pastel polishes, a nail file or other goodie (like a toe spreader), a few chocolate eggs, and a hand scrub, cuticle oil, or pedi cream...

Back