Julep April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are Parker and Neicy on. They both have 2 coats and Parker definitely needs 2 coats

Oh my....I think I need parker. Does anyone know if there are any penny codes going around right now? 

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my....I think I need parker. Does anyone know if there are any penny codes going around right now? 

"penny" should work! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"penny" should work! 

Thank you!!! 
smile.gif

I was hoping parker would be brighter but its a true tangerine color. They're both GORGEOUS, $14 gorgeous though, I don't think so.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was hoping I wasn't going to like those colors as much when I looked, but now I *loves* them. 
frown.gif

wub.gif

I only ordered susie and it just got here...it's so cute!! Very happy with that purchase. Definitely worth 7.99, probably woulnd't spend 14 on it though.

I used the "penny" code last night and it worked.  My intro box shipped today too!  I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with this or not, but I like that you can skip months, so maybe.  I

I caved and used a penny code, because I wanted to try Blake and Meryl and a hand scrub is badly needed at the moment.  I  don't think I'll ever actually buy a full priced month, though, I just can't justify that cost for such small polishes.  Such pretty colors, though...

After the standard 2-days of waiting, I received my April American Beauty box (Renee and Eva).  How is it that Julep has perfected their shipping while so many of my other subs take FOREVER to get to the east coast??? 

The Pedi Creme is absolutely WONDERFUL.  As a diabetic, I have a horrible time keeping my heels soft and this stuff WORKS!  But, when I went to julep.com to order the full size, I was a bit put off by the price ... $22 for a 2 oz. bottle.  I mean, it works and that's great, but I'm left wondering if there is another product out there that would also work and not cost $11 per ounce.... hmmmm

Originally Posted by perfeklyflawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After the standard 2-days of waiting, I received my April American Beauty box (Renee and Eva).  How is it that Julep has perfected their shipping while so many of my other subs take FOREVER to get to the east coast??? 

The Pedi Creme is absolutely WONDERFUL.  As a diabetic, I have a horrible time keeping my heels soft and this stuff WORKS!  But, when I went to julep.com to order the full size, I was a bit put off by the price ... $22 for a 2 oz. bottle.  I mean, it works and that's great, but I'm left wondering if there is another product out there that would also work and not cost $11 per ounce.... hmmmm
Seriously, Julep has their shipping nailed. I wish all the subs were the same way.

It makes more sense to buy an entirely new beauty profile box and get two polish Colors for $19.99 with the pedi creme

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It makes more sense to buy an entirely new beauty profile box and get two polish Colors for $19.99 with the pedi creme

That's what I did last month to get an extra Moroccan oil (obsessed with it!). It makes a lot more sense. Truly. 

I may go ahead and buy a third March box (probably Bombshell) to get one more back up Moroccan oil before it's not a $19.99 with bonus polishes option anymore.

Their Pedi Creme reminds me of CND Cucumber Heel Therapy one which I love. I found the smell from the Julep version to be a little weird while the CND one I love. I have a sample packet of the CND one - 0.17 fl oz - if you would like it to try and compare. If so just PM me your mailing addy.

I forgot to mention the CND Cucumber Heel Therapy is $22.75 for 15 oz on Amazon.com. Retail price is twice that at $45.50. The 2.6 oz. version retails for $15.50 while on Amazon it's around $10.

I'm really stuck between wanting the bombshell box for parker or getting the it girl box for jessica. ugh I am the most indecisive person ever 
icon_sad.gif

Call me silly - but umm, how do I sign up for a second box?  :)

Val

I may go ahead and buy a third March box (probably Bombshell) to get one more back up Moroccan oil before it's not a $19.99 with bonus polishes option anymore.

Oh, I'd love the try a sample of the CND version - the only product that I've tried of theirs is their base coat and I LOVE it.  I do know what you mean about the smell of Julep's version.  I had to keep sniffing to see what it was that was "odd".  I get the cucumber but there is "something else" that lingers.  But, like I said - it does work.  But, if CND is good and I can get 15 oz for 22.75 versus 2 oz for 22??? Umm "please let CND be GREAT! 

Thanks!!! (going to PM you my mailing address).

Val

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their Pedi Creme reminds me of CND Cucumber Heel Therapy one which I love. I found the smell from the Julep version to be a little weird while the CND one I love. I have a sample packet of the CND one - 0.17 fl oz - if you would like it to try and compare. If so just PM me your mailing addy.

I forgot to mention the CND Cucumber Heel Therapy is $22.75 for 15 oz on Amazon.com. Retail price is twice that at $45.50. The 2.6 oz. version retails for $15.50 while on Amazon it's around $10.

Call me silly - but umm, how do I sign up for a second box?  :)

Val
Go to "My Account" on the Julep website, then to "Maven Boutique - Boxes" and you can buy another box from this month or the past month from there. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm ALWAYS looking for a great pedi cream (I do my mother's mani and pedi once a month, she's also a diabetic) so I will try this one out on your recommendation. Thanks! 
biggrin.gif

Duh!  See, I said upfront "call me silly".  ;-)

Thanks!

Go to "My Account" on the Julep website, then to "Maven Boutique - Boxes" and you can buy another box from this month or the past month from there. 
smile.gif

I got the PM, sending it out today.

If you put a dollap of the Julep one in your hands there is no odd smell but if you rub it together there is an odd smell... almost like a mint. Ahh, looking at the ingredients and I see there is mint in as well as sage. I think the two together smells odd. I'm not a sage fan at all. I'm using the Julep pedi creme on my hands since my hands are so dry right now.

Another thing... if you LIKE the Julep creme but don't want to pay $22 for the 2 oz bottle get another Julep box for $19.99. The four links below has the creme in it so you can get the creme and two more polishes for less than the the creme on it's own.

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-american-beauty-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-boho-glam-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-bombshell-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-classic-with-a-twist-box

Back