Julep April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope you enjoy it, it is a lot of fun!! I signed up in January with the thoughts of not keeping it and have been hooked ever since! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Frankly the polishes stink - literally - but they have me hooked. I'm a sucker for nail polish and with each new box I get - regardless of the stench - I'm so hooked. lol

Originally Posted by akharri785 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you so much for the follow up! I think I am going to subscribe... I just wanted to check it out on my trusted boards! And I had heard their first month was a mess with subscriptions so that's what scared me. I follow a few blogs and they said they didn't have a good experience the first month and there was a mild uproar but now that I've checked back, I see some bloggers have retracted their statements, but some have not. (Link here about it.) (Here too!) Also, you are totally right, it wasn't about shipping, it appears the whole hoopla was about a referral glitch. 

I joined up right away (I think I was one of their first hundred Mavens, in fact), and I have not had any problems with them.  Of course, I have no experience with referrals, but as far as just getting my boxes in a timely manner?  No problem whatsoever.  I'm just waiting for their shipping to be changed, though, because they send this stuff via first class mail, and nail polish is supposed to be sent via parcel post or another ground service.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I joined up right away (I think I was one of their first hundred Mavens, in fact), and I have not had any problems with them.  Of course, I have no experience with referrals, but as far as just getting my boxes in a timely manner?  No problem whatsoever.  I'm just waiting for their shipping to be changed, though, because they send this stuff via first class mail, and nail polish is supposed to be sent via parcel post or another ground service.

I asked about that when I was sending a package for trade and they told me it was fine and just sent it first class. 

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No. It's shipped via plane. It typically takes as long as priority, just less expensive.

Its funny, I can send something to my parents priority and it always takes two days, but if I send it first class it costs less and gets there next day. Silly post office. 

Originally Posted by beautyfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought you couldn't ship nail polish by air - it has to be ground.

That's what USPS website says, and also people here, but I've told post office employees it was nail polish before and they said it was fine. Perfume they said absolutely not, but nail polish is ok. 

I got my April box yesterday. I got classic with a twist, because I really want to try the mint nail polish. Sadly, I don't really like it that much after I tried it on
frown.gif

Originally Posted by steph28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my April box yesterday. I got classic with a twist, because I really want to try the mint nail polish. Sadly, I don't really like it that much after I tried it on
frown.gif

oh sad! I ordered just that one after skipping my box with the promo they had for it for 7.99. Hope it works better for me! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

It might just not working with my skin color lol. Well it's okay though, at least I like Mandy (deep coral-pink ) and the best pedi creme ever! 

I hope it works for you
smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh sad! I ordered just that one after skipping my box with the promo they had for it for 7.99. Hope it works better for me! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

You know, I take for granted that I'm in the same state so I understand why my box comes via USPS 1st Class since it's ground. I'm wondering if they're using UPS MI which sends the items via ground then transfer to the USPS.

As an individual, you wouldn't get in trouble but as a company sending all the time, they could lose their shipping privileges.

Originally Posted by beautyfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmm interesting - I would at least think that a nail company would comply. oh well.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, I take for granted that I'm in the same state so I understand why my box comes via USPS 1st Class since it's ground. I'm wondering if they're using UPS MI which sends the items via ground then transfer to the USPS.

It comes to the east coast way too fast to be UPS MI. I live in Maryland, and Julep gets here faster than birchbox.

I just got my It Girl Box today. I'm still waiting on my add-on polish to come. I really wish I would have gotten Parker. 
icon_cry.gif

I'm still not a huge fan of Penelope, in person, so I'm going to try to leave it in wrapping and maybe trade it for something else. I absolutely love Niecy and Jessica though. The makeup bag is super cute and better quality than I ever had hopes for and the toe separators were a pleasant surprise.

I'd love to trade for it!  I just sent you a PM =]

Originally Posted by steph28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif

So I just took the test and my options for my first box are totally different than the ones listed on here. I really want the box that KaraMoore got, is there any way I can get this? Should I call them? ugh I really dont want any of the options they are giving me, all of them come with a hand wash (??) I want 3 polishes! Also, if I sign up, how long do I have to decide if I will keep it or cancel?  

does zoya have a subscription service? I like their nail polishes, ever since I got one in my Jan BB

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm skipping this month.  *Every single one* is a cream, and I'm just not a big cream fan.  It wouldn't even be worth it for a Golden Box for me.  I'm hoping next month will have some shimmery stuff.  Or, even better, a foil.  I love foils (and Zoya has six coming out next month for their summer collection!), but Julep doesn't have a single one.

You can during selections - which is too late for April - choose a different box. To select a different box during selection time, log into your account then click on Try a New Style This Month.

As of this post these links aren't active but after April 1st these should be. Note: after the selection window is closed you can't select a different box but you can always purchase a different box after the 1st of each month,

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-it-girl-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-classic-with-a-twist-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-bombshell-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-boho-glam-box

http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/april-american-beauty-box

Back