Julep April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really, really hope the $4.99 add-on is a permanent Thing like the Golden Box has been.  There weren't enough colors I liked this month to make even the GB worth $20 for me (*not* a fan of creams), but there have been some colors in prior months that I would have added.  I liked them, but not enough to pay $11.20 (the discounted Maven price) for them.

Side note:  It looks like they currently offer the February, March, and Intro Maven boxes for $19.99 in the Maven Boutique, so if you wanted, say, the February Boho Glam box, you could buy that for the box price as long as you're already a Maven.

I really, really hope the $4.99 add-on is a permanent Thing like the Golden Box has been.  There weren't enough colors I liked this month to make even the GB worth $20 for me (*not* a fan of creams), but there have been some colors in prior months that I would have added.  I liked them, but not enough to pay $11.20 (the discounted Maven price) for them.

Side note:  It looks like they currently offer the February, March, and Intro Maven boxes for $19.99 in the Maven Boutique, so if you wanted, say, the February Boho Glam box, you could buy that for the box price as long as you're already a Maven.
They made it seem like it was a one time only thing but I can't imagine they'd stop it if it goes well for them and increases sales and reduces skipped monthly boxes from the members. I think it was genius on their part and everyone else seems very pleased with it. I hope they continue it.

Than you! It was driving me absolutely crazy.
wacko.gif

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amber, you can pop the black lid off completely and then realign it the way it should be
smile.gif

Yeah...i've been having this problem too with some of them. Not all of them though. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by Amber Barrera /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anybody else have the problem of the nail polish lid not going back on right? They don't align like the should? It's so annoying! I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or you all have the problem.

Hooray they are selling all the spring colors seperately for 7.99 for people with Maven subscriptions. Which means I'm getting susie without paying for a box! 

Hello everyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am a longtime Birchbox lover and joined MakeUp Talk about a month ago. I have been scouring the threads and am really, really interested in being a Julep Maven since I always lust after more nail polishes. But I'm REALLY confused... There are golden boxes, mystery boxes, add-ons, skips, and all these other things I don't have a grasp on at all. Could some kind person explain this to me by replying or PMing me? Also, I'm scared because I read absolutely horrible reviews in the beginning about lost boxes, horrible customer service, and major company mishaps. Has this all been cleared up?

Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by akharri785 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello everyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am a longtime Birchbox lover and joined MakeUp Talk about a month ago. I have been scouring the threads and am really, really interested in being a Julep Maven since I always lust after more nail polishes. But I'm REALLY confused... There are golden boxes, mystery boxes, add-ons, skips, and all these other things I don't have a grasp on at all. Could some kind person explain this to me by replying or PMing me? Also, I'm scared because I read absolutely horrible reviews in the beginning about lost boxes, horrible customer service, and major company mishaps. Has this all been cleared up?

Thanks so much!
1. I've NEVER had a problem with their shipping! They are fabulous with that. 

Golden boxes contain all the colors being distributed that month, a few lucky mavens get them. You would be randomly selected and are entered by receiving a regular box that month. Mystery boxes come out around holidays, they contain 60-200 dollars worth of products and mavens are emailed a code to get them for 19.99. This month, Julep is letting you add additional colors from this month's boxes to your regular maven box for 4.99. The skips are just that...you can skip any month you'd like! You just have to log in betwen the 20th and the 24th (I think) and click "skip this month". You won't be billed until the next time you don't skip the month. 

I have never had an issue with shipping either. I usually get my package within 2 days which is AWESOME. I have never emailed customer service before but the service they extend to their members is awesome!! (Mystery Boxes, Golden Boxes, Add-Ons, etc)

Thank you so much for the follow up! I think I am going to subscribe... I just wanted to check it out on my trusted boards! And I had heard their first month was a mess with subscriptions so that's what scared me. I follow a few blogs and they said they didn't have a good experience the first month and there was a mild uproar but now that I've checked back, I see some bloggers have retracted their statements, but some have not. (Link here about it.) (Here too!) Also, you are totally right, it wasn't about shipping, it appears the whole hoopla was about a referral glitch. 

I just have a few more questions for you fabulous ladies!

-To be eligible to receive a Golden Box, you simply just decide to continue with your subscription that month? You don't have to do anything extra?

-Is the Mystery Box (should you choose to get it) in addition to your regular monthly box?

-If you don't like the selections, can you skip multiple boxes in a row?

-If you want a different box than the one they picked for you, can you view what the other boxes have in them before selecting a new box?
-When they have cool perks like add-ons, do they send an e-mail telling you your options for that?

Sorry for being so annoying, I just want to make sure I've got everything straight before shelling out for another sub. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-To be eligible to receive a Golden Box, you simply just decide to continue with your subscription that month? You don't have to do anything extra? - I believe you just be a member and they just sent it to you automatically if you're chosen. I have never gotten one though so I can't say for sure.

-Is the Mystery Box (should you choose to get it) in addition to your regular monthly box? - This is in addition to your monthly box. They will send you an email telling you there are some available and you can purchase it, but you don't have to.

-If you don't like the selections, can you skip multiple boxes in a row? - I have never skipped but I believe you can!

-If you want a different box than the one they picked for you, can you view what the other boxes have in them before selecting a new box? - On the 25th or something they will email you with what your box has in it but if you would like to choose a different box, you can. You can go to the website, it will show all the boxes and then you can change or stay.

-When they have cool perks like add-ons, do they send an e-mail telling you your options for that? - Yes, I received an email for that one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you so much for the follow up! I think I am going to subscribe... I just wanted to check it out on my trusted boards! And I had heard their first month was a mess with subscriptions so that's what scared me. I follow a few blogs and they said they didn't have a good experience the first month and there was a mild uproar but now that I've checked back, I see some bloggers have retracted their statements. Also, it appears the whole hoopla was about a referral glitch. (Link here about it.

-To be eligible to receive a Golden Box, you simply just decide to continue with your subscription that month? You don't have to do anything extra?

-Is the Mystery Box (should you choose to get it) in addition to your regular monthly box?

-If you want a different box than the one they picked for you, can you view what the other boxes have in them before selecting a new box?
-When they have cool perks like add-ons, do they send an e-mail telling you your options for that?

Sorry for being so annoying, I just want to make sure I've got everything straight before shelling out for another sub. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you so much for the follow up! I think I am going to subscribe... I just wanted to check it out on my trusted boards! And I had heard their first month was a mess with subscriptions so that's what scared me. I follow a few blogs and they said they didn't have a good experience the first month and there was a mild uproar but now that I've checked back, I see some bloggers have retracted their statements. Also, it appears the whole hoopla was about a referral glitch. (Link here about it.) (Here too!)

1. yup! 

2. yeah, its in addition, you would pay for your regular box then order a mystery box separately, like ordering anything from their website. They don't do this every month officially, but it is trending that way. 

3. You can skip as often as you want and as many as you want in a row. 

4. you can see all boxes before skipping or changing boxes. 

5. Yup they send out an email! 

Got my tracking yesterday. I didn't realize I got it yesterday until I was cleaning out my email box. lol

Oh and I also won a Facebook giveaway so I'm getting Jessica as well. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Awesome! I am for sure going to sign up now.
And I was browsing their FB page and they seemed to be super responsive to customer comments and inquiries, which I really like.

Thanks so much playedinloops and glamourdolleyes! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to all my questions and helping out the newb. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know it Julep has referral links, but if one of you would like, I could use yours and help you out... if they even have them?

Thanks again. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Julep does but we don't allow referral links on MUT. My own referral link is on my blog and I'm sure other beauty bloggers here on MUT have theirs up on their blog as well.

I hope you enjoy it, it is a lot of fun!! I signed up in January with the thoughts of not keeping it and have been hooked ever since! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My referral link is also on my blog.

Awesome! I am for sure going to sign up now.
And I was browsing their FB page and they seemed to be super responsive to customer comments and inquiries, which I really like.

Thanks so much playedinloops and glamourdolleyes! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to all my questions and helping out the newb. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know it Julep has referral links, but if one of you would like, I could use yours and help you out... if they even have them?

Thanks again. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the It Girl Box but also took advantage of the add-on 2 option and got Susie and Annette for $4.99 each. I'm not really crazy about Penelope though... so maybe I can find someone to trade with for Parker, Renee, or another color I don't have. 

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have never had an issue with shipping either. I usually get my package within 2 days which is AWESOME. I have never emailed customer service before but the service they extend to their members is awesome!! (Mystery Boxes, Golden Boxes, Add-Ons, etc)

They do have great customer service. I bought the St. Patty's Day mystery box and the base coat in the box was broken. I emailed them about it and they contacted me back the next day apologizing and sent me out a brand new replacement. 

Back