Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boxes in the spoilers do have colours in them that I don't already own. But with my luck, I will probably end up with dupes all over again.

I also don't have much love for the lipstick trio. They are nice but I would prefer a lipstick where the colour actually showed on my lips rather than sheer colour.

This box isn't that amazing though for all the hype that has been going around. I want to skip but at the same time I want to cave in and buy it - ahhh decisions!

They're definitely products I like more, but I still have both the lip scrub and the lipsticks (I upgraded and got two lipsticks). So I'd rather save that money for something else... XD Maybe I can add a few more products to my sephora purchase now teehee (no probably not, I met fs already XD)

Oh great! I have been wanting to try the lipsticks. I ordered the big box so I hope it's in my box. I wouldn't have mind getting half products and half polish. I have soooo many polish just from this month.

Oooh, I've been waiting for the lipsticks to come back in stock. Nice! One polish in the version (Clara) would be a dupe.

Looking forward to seeing the other versions, as well as the high-value box!

I want to give some of the dupes if I have any to my niece; she is 10. I would give her some of the lively colors. Does anyone think this is inappropriate? A couple of people said it was although they are older. So I don't know.

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to give some of the dupes if I have any to my niece; she is 10. I would give her some of the lively colors. Does anyone think this is inappropriate? A couple of people said it was although they are older. So I don't know.
I don't see anything wrong with that at all. I think she would love them!

The beauty products and colors are better in these boxes but there are a ton of dupes for me with the polishes and products. They were some of my favorite products though! I got lucky and had no dupes in the golden box although the colors were blah which is why I never bought them lol. This would be a nice deal for a new maven! I'm done with mystery boxes unless the prices drop.

On another note, I don't get juleps marketing choices with "golden" and "picnic." They don't relate at all to the boxes. They must be randomly going through the dictionary :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I ordered the Champagne trio on the first of the month, and when it arrived, the Reiko had a bad brush...  As in the brush stick wasn't connected to the cylinder cap, and the cap was jammed up into the square topper lid.

I emailed Julep for a replacement brush and sent them a picture of it since I'd never seen a brush incident that bad, and found it slightly funny because it was so weird looking.

I knew they were sending a replacement, but I figured it'd just be a brush/lid since that's all I needed/asked for.

Julep sent me a whole new bottle!  That was unexpected. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

(and now I have a closed bottle as backup-sans brush for now, lol)

Which box was that? I just got my August Maven box today (got the champagne trio I ordered later on Friday). Although, I'm in Canada so I'm used to getting stuff later than everyone else. I have one Golden box and one picnic mystery box out there, waiting for someone to post a big picnic box!
It was the big mystery box. One of my polishes was busted open but thankfully did not leak out of the plastic wrapping. I called cs and they are sending a new one.

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The clear base coat that is green hued in the bottle right?  I've tried that, went through 1 bottle.  It didn't do any harm, but it didn't help any either, for me.  It was not a great base coat for me either, my Julep polish chipped in a day or so with it every time. 
Yes, Norma Jean, that's the one. Thanks for the review. I went ahead and used Bondi's I'm Vers just to give it a try.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

some mystery boxes coming through ^__^ courtesy of: https://www.facebook.com/groups/247031492082531/

(regular...I think -- "Came with 4 polishes and one lip scrub that smells like worthers originals ")

(big box -- "Picnic Mystery Big Box Version 2: Jazz Trio, Dianna, Clara, Layne, Evie, Fina, Mischa and Lauren. 2 Add-ons: Beach Walk- Lena, Tina and Korin. Love Letter- Demi, Joy and Chelsea.")

(regular...? she says 3 were addons)

(big picnic)

regular (fb page)

(regular)
Pretty! I bought the lip scrub a long time ago just because the packaging was soooo pretty!

Oh great! I have been wanting to try the lipsticks. I ordered the big box so I hope it's in my box. I wouldn't have mind getting half products and half polish. I have soooo many polish just from this month.
I actually love the lipstick.  It's not long lasting, but I love the colors and the variety.  Because they're mini, I can tote all three of them in my makeup bag.

Jac13, I haven't met a young girl yet who didn't like to try fingernail painting ... if she doesn't like them, maybe she could share them with her mom?

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I ordered the Champagne trio on the first of the month, and when it arrived, the Reiko had a bad brush...  As in the brush stick wasn't connected to the cylinder cap, and the cap was jammed up into the square topper lid.

I emailed Julep for a replacement brush and sent them a picture of it since I'd never seen a brush incident that bad, and found it slightly funny because it was so weird looking.

I knew they were sending a replacement, but I figured it'd just be a brush/lid since that's all I needed/asked for.

Julep sent me a whole new bottle!  That was unexpected. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

(and now I have a closed bottle as backup-sans brush for now, lol)
good deal, norma jean .... I think in time I will definitely use up all my Reiko ... such a jazzy color!

Jac13, I haven't met a young girl yet who didn't like to try fingernail painting ... if she doesn't like them, maybe she could share them with her mom?
Well her Mom doesn't really wear polish. I am hoping this will spark an interest and I know my niece love to get her nails done. Currently she only gets them done on holidays and for her birthday. I used to do them before they moved out of state. Back then, I didn't know about 4-5 free. So I am hoping her Mom will approve since its suppose to be safe. I would like to send it in the mail as a surprise.

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well her Mom doesn't really wear polish. I am hoping this will spark an interest and I know my niece love to get her nails done. Currently she only gets them done on holidays and for her birthday. I used to do them before they moved out of state. Back then, I didn't know about 4-5 free. So I am hoping her Mom will approve since its suppose to be safe. I would like to send it in the mail as a surprise.

That really sweet of you! She will probably love the surprise and its always nice to have some pretty colors to experiment with.

That really sweet of you! She will probably love the surprise and its always nice to have some pretty colors to experiment with.
Aaaah thanks. I try to send little " happies" when I can.

i think it's completely appropriate. it's not like you're sending eyeliner. honestly, i can understand parents not wanting their kids to do that until high school. the fact that it's 4-5 free is a bonus!

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaaah thanks. I try to send little " happies" when I can.

That's what I love about my sub boxes the things I don't want often end up making someone's day.

Latest posts

Back