Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those mystery boxes are looking great! I'd love to get the lip scrub or lipsticks even though I'd inevitably get dupe polishes. Oh, well. I'm still gonna skip it. I've got my eyes set on the maven window opening in 8 DAYS!

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well her Mom doesn't really wear polish. I am hoping this will spark an interest and I know my niece love to get her nails done. Currently she only gets them done on holidays and for her birthday. I used to do them before they moved out of state. Back then, I didn't know about 4-5 free. So I am hoping her Mom will approve since its suppose to be safe. I would like to send it in the mail as a surprise.
i think it's a great idea, and a great way to get into makeup without feeling that it's for the wrong reasons (think of the panic with a bright red lipstick collection lol) I'd just recommend choosing polishes with smaller brushes. I remember when I was younger and so many brushes were harder to work with bc my nails were small!

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those mystery boxes are looking great! I'd love to get the lip scrub or lipsticks even though I'd inevitably get dupe polishes. Oh, well. I'm still gonna skip it. I've got my eyes set on the maven window opening in 8 DAYS!
Again, SO SOON?!  Excited!

I skipped August and the Mystery boxes.  Wish I got in on the secret store, but I'm ultimate happy with my ridiculous Bondi haul this month, instead.

Can't wait to see what they introduce next week!  Fall is my favorite season, with September being my favorite month! :)

for those who have either already received their Picnic boxes or shipping notices/tracking was the shipping done via std pkg service or priority mail?

Originally Posted by crazyawesomelvn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

for those who have either already received their Picnic boxes or shipping notices/tracking was the shipping done via std pkg service or priority mail?
It was shipped priority 2 day.

Well her Mom doesn't really wear polish. I am hoping this will spark an interest and I know my niece love to get her nails done. Currently she only gets them done on holidays and for her birthday. I used to do them before they moved out of state. Back then, I didn't know about 4-5 free. So I am hoping her Mom will approve since its suppose to be safe. I would like to send it in the mail as a surprise.
I think it's a great idea!  I've been painting my 5 year old daughters nails for several years.  She loves to get her nails done and asks for pedicures all the time.  About a year ago I was picking her up from daycare and another little girl about 4 years old walked up to me and asked if she could come home with us so I could paint her nails.  I asked her if her mommy ever painted her nails and she said, "No, my mommy won't do it.  She doesn't have time."  So sad! 

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jac13, I haven't met a young girl yet who didn't like to try fingernail painting ... if she doesn't like them, maybe she could share them with her mom?

I think it's fine.  From your posts, it sounds like it's not her parents but other people telling you it's not okay, and it's none of their business anyways :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the big picnic mystery box version 1

Paris Trio

Dianna

Vanessa

Annette

Maya

Catherine

Evie

Gloria

I think it's a great idea!  I've been painting my 5 year old daughters nails for several years.  She loves to get her nails done and asks for pedicures all the time.  About a year ago I was picking her up from daycare and another little girl about 4 years old walked up to me and asked if she could come home with us so I could paint her nails.  I asked her if her mommy ever painted her nails and she said, "No, my mommy won't do it.  She doesn't have time."  So sad! 
I used to love doing her nails. The reason why I just can't just ask her Mom is that she always says no I don't have to give her anything. Most of the time I feel like she doesn't want me to buy her anything. So I just usually show up with something and everyone is happy. I think it's kind of weird but that's how it is and it is only this one Mom that does it. I always try to get things that are age appropriate.

i think it's completely appropriate. it's not like you're sending eyeliner. honestly, i can understand parents not wanting their kids to do that until high school. the fact that it's 4-5 free is a bonus!
That's true. I would be banned from the house if I gave her makeup, lol. I am not allowed to give her the kiddie lip gloss. The one by lip smackers it's in the kid aisle in the toy store.

Just got my second Golden Box... it's the upgrade! Version 4!

Of course, this means I now have dupes of the hand cream, oxygen treatment and 4x polishes, but my coworkers are buying a couple of my dupes, and wow! I'm so lucky!

Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Of course, this means I now have dupes of the hand cream, oxygen treatment and 4x polishes, but my coworkers are buying a couple of my dupes, and wow! I'm so lucky!
Congratulations! I have been enjoying my version 4. I am on the fence about mystery boxes. On the one hand you get a shot at a huge box and get to try colors you may have never thought to buy, but love when you try them. On the other hand you may get dupes, and colors you hate. Take the risk or spend your money on products you can see before you buy? Enjoy your box.

Congrats!

Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Again, SO SOON?!  Excited!

I skipped August and the Mystery boxes.  Wish I got in on the secret store, but I'm ultimate happy with my ridiculous Bondi haul this month, instead.

Can't wait to see what they introduce next week!  Fall is my favorite season, with September being my favorite month! :)
jrenee, I LOVE SEPTEMBER, too! And I love fall ... but mid-to-late October is simply divine in Tennessee. September I love because I got married 25 years ago on the 17th and our son was born 22 years ago on the 28th. I love the Daughtry song, "September"!

Originally Posted by x3517x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the big picnic mystery box version 1

Paris Trio

Dianna

Vanessa

Annette

Maya

Catherine

Evie

Gloria
Sounds pretty!

Congratulatins, autopilot! So happy for you .... you can always save the dupes of the hand cream and oxygen treatment as backup or gift them to someone.

Latest posts

Back