Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Auugh.. I am so tempted to get one of the mystery boxes, but from the few pictures I've seen of the big box, I have colors VERY similar (or exactly the same) as the ones I've seen.. Does anyone know how long these will be offered for?  I didn't see any end date on the website, and their facebook page doesn't even seem to talk about it at all!  Maybe I'm blind :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Julep posted on their FB announced that there will be something surprise starting tmrw?!
I saw that! Intriguing ... esp. since I got an email that today was last day for the Mystery Box.

Auugh.. I am so tempted to get one of the mystery boxes, but from the few pictures I've seen of the big box, I have colors VERY similar (or exactly the same) as the ones I've seen.. Does anyone know how long these will be offered for?  I didn't see any end date on the website, and their facebook page doesn't even seem to talk about it at all!  Maybe I'm blind :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think today is the last day. I got an email this morning. My box had the Paris trio, Annette, Vannessa, Gloria, Catherine, Evie, Maya, and Dianna. The Gloria is a dupe. I could have sworn Annette was to but I can't find it.

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

swallowtail, sounds like you did great! Actually, none of those of dupes for me, so I would have been ok if I had received this box. But that's the point of a mystery box - you never know what you will get. I just don't have enough money to pay that game, esp. since I have yet to skip a Maven box or the Secret Store or the Warehouse sale ... sometimes going back two or even three times to the Secret Sale and Warehouse sale.
Honestly, I think that may be the smarter decision. The prices for polishes in the sales and secret shop are usually between $7-9, so to me it seems a little more worth it to skip the mystery boxes and get something you know you'll use! I probably wouldn't have done it if I wasn't so new to buying Juleps. I've been skipping the monthly boxes, too (joined in June and didn't like the combos for July OR August, boo!), so I haven't had access to the secret shop but in the long run I think that's a smarter way to do it and then just scoop up the mystery products that people inevitably want to dump once the boxes are relased for cheap.

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw that! Intriguing ... esp. since I got an email that today was last day for the Mystery Box.
Thank you! I think I am going to pass. I REALLY want one, but I just think I should suck it up and wait for the maven box/next month's mystery :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just painted my daughters nails with Marion.  It was wonderful.  One coat would probably have been enough, but I like to do two.  It went on beautifully, no problems, looks wonderful.  

Then I painted my nails with Bette.  OMG, how horrible!  It's really thick, but the color is still sheer.  Three coats in and it's still streaky!  

The color is beautiful, but I will probably never use it again because the consistency is too hard to work with.  I just don't have that much patience.  

I just painted my daughters nails with Marion.  It was wonderful.  One coat would probably have been enough, but I like to do two.  It went on beautifully, no problems, looks wonderful.   Then I painted my nails with Bette.  OMG, how horrible!  It's really thick, but the color is still sheer.  Three coats in and it's still streaky!   The color is beautiful, but I will probably never use it again because the consistency is too hard to work with.  I just don't have that much patience.  
Marion was perfect for me, too! It's been on my toes for over a week & it is holding up well. I put Bette on my toes before that & it began flaking off in one day. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think this is the big news!!!

right on julep.com
That's.....it?......is it just me or does this seem a bit blah?
wassatt.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wassatt.gif
It's not just you. I'm feeling underwhelmed as well. 

everyone is underwhelmed if this is it.... i will officially think julep is a big clueless, as much as i love them.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think this is the big news!!!

right on julep.com
wassatt.gif

Hehe. I was thinking more along the lines of "meh".

i think this is the big news!!! right on julep.com
Too bad there's nothing new or interesting to spend money on! Might be a good deal on old maven boxes though. Sales are fun and all but I don't want a deal from Julep, I want them to dazzle me!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hehe. I was thinking more along the lines of "meh".
Or to quote Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller by way of Peggy Lee, "Is that all there is?" (Yes, I know there are other versions.  At the same time, THERE IS ONLY PEGGY LEE.)

i.....couldn't help myself! 9 polishes add up to just over $100, then there's a $40 deduction for the sale, and then that is cut in half...four of these are dupes (angelina, esmeralda, adele) but i really love them and almost avoid using them because of that.

i.....couldn't help myself! 9 polishes add up to just over $100, then there's a $40 deduction for the sale, and then that is cut in half...four of these are dupes (angelina, esmeralda, adele) but i really love them and almost avoid using them because of that.

You got a great deal! If I weren't on a no-buy, I might be tempted, however...not going to go look, lol.

Best bang for you buck, I did the same thing but I am stocking up on darker/fall colors.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I might be brain dead ( ha-ha)
doh.gif
but how did you all get another 50% off?  I understand the $40 off, the way I read it it's 20% off above that

Originally Posted by crazyawesomelvn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might be brain dead ( ha-ha)
doh.gif
but how did you all get another 50% off?  I understand the $40 off, the way I read it it's 20% off above that
I only bought polishes and I used the beautybio promo

Back