Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did stock up on a lot of dark fall colors, save natalie.

i realized you can't see the pic, but i got angelina, esmeralda, natalie, adele, sharon, caroline, eden, char, and zoe.

i did stock up on a lot of dark fall colors, save natalie. i realized you can't see the pic, but i got angelina, esmeralda, natalie, adele, sharon, caroline, eden, char, and zoe.
I really want to snag Etta and Zelda this time around. I've also had my eyes on Harley for a while. I'll prob full the rest of my basket with colors that I didn't get from the last couple of collections. Still debating. Rachel, which colors would you say are "must haves?" You seem to have a large collection! I welcome anyone else to share as well! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really want to snag Etta and Zelda this time around. I've also had my eyes on Harley for a while. I'll prob full the rest of my basket with colors that I didn't get from the last couple of collections. Still debating.

Rachel, which colors would you say are "must haves?" You seem to have a large collection! I welcome anyone else to share as well!
smile.gif
well this certainly will put me around 70 juleps (keep in mind my whole collection fits in a shoe box sort of storage box =)). lol i don't own too many others.

my ABSOLUTE favorites of the moment: caroline, zoe, esmeralda, angelina (these are freaking stunning in person- esmeralda is by far their prettiest glitter- unlike all the others), zelda, etta, adele, helen, gabrielle, coco, paris.. and obviously char, eden, natalie(definitely natalie is classified as a spring/summer shade) because i'm ordering them.

joy would also be a good muave-y neutral but not really a fall color. 

my all time favorites (not including shades i haven't yet used, but i'm so pumped to get caroline and zoe!): rachel, adrianna, helen, esmeralda, angelina, hayden, faye, demi, gayle, gabrielle, myrtle, coco, paris, adele

if i have to put a fall list together of in-stock colors: coco, paris, myrtle, esmeralda, angelina, zoe, caroline, gabrielle, char, eden, demi, gayle, julia, sharon

it might not be that fall to someone but they're all beautiful, rich and somewhat darker shades.

it kinda kills me that rachel and trina are OOS because i'm obsessed. rachel is definitely never coming back; they brought back trina recently (when a lot of people on here including myself got it)

if you haven't used beautybio 50% or the text code, I think they're combineable -- in some weird way. It was letting me add the big mystery basket + one polish and giving it to me for $36 with a beautybio code. If that's something ya'll are interested in still

eta: it's not letting me do like five polishes for $50++ to get $10 off and the 50% off though

well this certainly will put me around 70 juleps (keep in mind my whole collection fits in a shoe box sort of storage box =)). lol i don't own too many others. my ABSOLUTE favorites of the moment: caroline, zoe, esmeralda, angelina (these are freaking stunning in person- esmeralda is by far their prettiest glitter- unlike all the others), zelda, etta, adele, helen, gabrielle, coco, paris.. and obviously char, eden, natalie(definitely natalie is classified as a spring/summer shade) because i'm ordering them. joy would also be a good muave-y neutral but not really a fall color.  my all time favorites (not including shades i haven't yet used, but i'm so pumped to get caroline and zoe!): rachel, adrianna, helen, esmeralda, angelina, hayden, faye, demi, gayle, gabrielle, myrtle, coco, paris, adele if i have to put a fall list together of in-stock colors: coco, paris, myrtle, esmeralda, angelina, zoe, caroline, gabrielle, char, eden, demi, gayle, julia, sharon it might not be that fall to someone but they're all beautiful, rich and somewhat darker shades. it kinda kills me that rachel and trina are OOS because i'm obsessed. rachel is definitely never coming back; they brought back trina recently (when a lot of people on here including myself got it)
Thanks for your suggestions!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's.....it?......is it just me or does this seem a bit blah?
wassatt.gif
Cookie, this was first thing I checked on in my inbox this morning and I felt ... blah, too ... I visit their site enough to know the new site was up and the sale just doesn't seem that great. I think I am spoiled by the Secret Store prices.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

everyone is underwhelmed if this is it.... i will officially think julep is a big clueless, as much as i love them.
I think we are getting spoiled by the transparency of another nail polish company ........

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Too bad there's nothing new or interesting to spend money on! Might be a good deal on old maven boxes though.

Sales are fun and all but I don't want a deal from Julep, I want them to dazzle me!
EXACTLY, LOLO! DAZZLE US, JULEP!

i.....couldn't help myself! 9 polishes add up to just over $100, then there's a $40 deduction for the sale, and then that is cut in half...four of these are dupes (angelina, esmeralda, adele) but i really love them and almost avoid using them because of that.

Smart shopping, Rachel! What promo code did you use to get that big of a discount?

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Smart shopping, Rachel! What promo code did you use to get that big of a discount?
She said above she used the beautybio code.  Its not working for me for some reason, My total comes out to $50 when I do the same thing, they may have caught it. 

Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Best bang for you buck, I did the same thing but I am stocking up on darker/fall colors.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LinaMingo, I couldn't tell the colors you got, but I would be looking at fall colors too if I had the money!

Alrighty, y'all! I grabbed myself 10 polishes for $36 (using beautybio). This makes me feel SOOO much better about skipping on the picnic mystery box. I got: Harley, Zelda, Etta, Karen, Scarlett, Esmerelda, Angelina, Zoe, Julia, & Sharon. Thank you, again, Rachel for the suggestions. I loved checking out your curated lists. Julep REALLY needs to hire you to do their sets! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I only bought polishes and I used the beautybio promo
Self-control, Rachel! LOL! I used the beautybio promo as soon as I got it!!!

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alrighty, y'all! I grabbed myself 10 polishes for $36 (using beautybio). This makes me feel SOOO much better about skipping on the picnic mystery box. I got:

Harley, Zelda, Etta, Karen, Scarlett, Esmerelda, Angelina, Zoe, Julia, & Sharon.

Thank you, again, Rachel for the suggestions. I loved checking out your curated lists. Julep REALLY needs to hire you to do their sets!
smile.gif
GREAT DEAL, Jessica! For those of you who can't get the beautybio code to work, it only works once. If you have already used it, it won't work again.

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GREAT DEAL, Jessica! For those of you who can't get the beautybio code to work, it only works once. If you have already used it, it won't work again.
I've never used it.   My total comes to $101.46 after the beauty bio code it comes to $43.42

*I forgot to say its all polishes

Edit: figured it out, I had some $7.99 polishes in there and they were messing everything up!  Got rid of em and now I can get it to $30.36.  Still trying to decide if I should hit the place order button
doze.gif

apparently there were glitches. my friend got the champagne trio and seven polishes for $15. i saw similar reports of $16 and $21 orders for over $100 worth of merch. not sure but they definitely fixed that.

it seems you can only combine the beauty bio or sms codes when you have over $100 in your cart. i tried it again and it's still working.

also, jessica, i LOVE making up sets! just for fun. i often do a few colors on each hand and love picking a set of shades to use.

apparently there were glitches. my friend got the champagne trio and seven polishes for $15. i saw similar reports of $16 and $21 orders for over $100 worth of merch. not sure but they definitely fixed that.

it seems you can only combine the beauty bio or sms codes when you have over $100 in your cart. i tried it again and it's still working.

also, jessica, i LOVE making up sets! just for fun. i often do a few colors on each hand and love picking a set of shades to use.
I just found a blog called The Polish Jinx which has a ton of Julep polishes shown from her collection if you want to look it up and check out some of the older colors.

http://polishjinx.blogspot.com/

Just type Julep in the search box and all her posts re: Julep will show up.

I did the same thing you guys did yesterday, 9 polishes for $30. I wonder if julep is trying to clear out their inventory? I really wish they would double their bottle size. They're basically the size of a mini polish. I also have colors that I avoid using cause I don't want to run out and I love them too much. Plus julep colors discontinue a lot. I thought the sale was a big deal if you still had a code to use. I had some polishes in my cart that I actually tried to check out a few days ago but it kept saying something was wrong with my address. I was just going onto the site to try again when I noticed the $50 order I tried to checkout the day before was $25 in my cart. I figured out I just needed to manually reenter my address, added more polishes, and checked my polishes out. I'm so glad I couldn't figure out the problem a few day ago or I would have spent double!

Yep, I got the champaign trio + 7 polishes in my cart for $33. I have waaaay too many polishes right now (20 unopened juleps at least ;__ ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I just placed an order for the S!OPI closeout. (Though if I'd gotten the glitch and managed to get it for $15, I would've pulled the trigger u____u)

Back