Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I meant that day with the Drew debacle. Glad CS are taking care of the problem for you. I saw that blue in the boho glam intro box. I hope that it Will be available for us to purchase. It is gorgeous.

the blue is marion and the green is courteney; they're both much, much older shades. i heard the product might be in the august box from people discussing it on FB but those shades are definitely not new. it would annoy me that the intro boxes contain the new product, although i don't really have a reason other than knowing people could have bought it several days ago with the free box code and not continue on as a maven... mavens are supposedly the first to have new items from julep.

i really need spoilers. like that one time when they put the june collection image up on their youtube page and it served as unconfirmed since there was no real way of telling if they were new or older shades outside of speculation.

illl be stalking this link http://www.julep.com/AUGUST-MAVEN until it's up and running (it's always the link for the collection, whenever they have it running)

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you talking about when the bottle of Drew broke on me Sunday night? I got all the Drew cleaned up except on my index finger. No one even noticed. I worried for nothing! I contacted Customer Service and they are shipping me a new bottle of Drew! How cool is that?!

Try to hang on until Friday night/Saturday morning before you buy any more polish! The Maven window will be open .... and the decisions will have to be made! Do we stay strong? Or cave ...... anybody know if you can use partial Jules/partial payment to pay for an upgrade?
I'm pretty sure you can't make a partial payment with your Jules (if I understood your question).  I tried that last month, when I had only accumulated a small number of Jules, and it didn't work.  I think if you want to upgrade from the $20 box to the $55 total upgrade, you need 3500 jules (since a jule appears to equal a penny).

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i really need spoilers. like that one time when they put the june collection image up on their youtube page and it served as unconfirmed since there was no real way of telling if they were new or older shades outside of speculation.

illl be stalking this link http://www.julep.com/AUGUST-MAVEN until it's up and running (it's always the link for the collection, whenever they have it running)
Thanks for sharing that link....now WE ALL can stalk it!

what about angela and angelina? both are very recent.. as is esmeralda

also, the emerald board on their pinterest is more forest/hunter green than the pantone, color-of-the-year-determined shade of emerald. i really really love those an iota more than the pantone shade but still.

It doesn't seem very likely to me that the new foot cream would be the product for August. They already have a foot cream and August is supposed to be a special month so I'm just guessing it will be something new and more exciting than foot cream. That's just my guess tho!

I've heard a lot of talk about Bondi. This Julep August box has to be out of this world almost to keep a lot of mavens subscribing. 

On that though an out of this world space theme would be kind of cool! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

how awesome would a fall nyc box be? a bordeaux and nude for the upper east side, creme mustard and metallic orange for soho, a medium and cool-toned leaning metallic foresty green and rusty creme with glitter for brooklyn, a white black cream glitter for queens, gray pink duochrome shimmer and dark chocolate creme shimmer (like faye but a little less warm and way darker) for manhattan.. i could go on if i had more time. and wanted to sound crazier than i do.

how awesome would a fall nyc box be? a bordeaux and nude for the upper east side, creme mustard and metallic orange for soho, a medium and cool-toned leaning metallic foresty green and rusty creme with glitter for brooklyn, a white black cream glitter for queens, gray pink duochrome shimmer and dark chocolate creme shimmer (like faye but a little less warm and way darker) for manhattan.. i could go on if i had more time. and wanted to sound crazier than i do.
â¤â¤â¤â¤â¤

This sounds lovely. Sounds very sophisticated which I like very much!

1 more sleep!

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, $10 is much more reasonable for a top coat that you use with every manicure! Has anybody compared the Freedom top coat side-by-side with Seche Vite? I don't know that I am willing to give up Seche Vite for an unknown product.
I prefer the Freedom top coat over Seche Vite.  I haven't had the same shrinkage problems and I've found the wear and shine to be comparable.

I'm about halfway through my first bottle of the Freedom top coat, and it is starting to thicken up.  I had the same problem with Seche Vite.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I prefer the Freedom top coat over Seche Vite.  I haven't had the same shrinkage problems and I've found the wear and shine to be comparable.

I'm about halfway through my first bottle of the Freedom top coat, and it is starting to thicken up.  I had the same problem with Seche Vite.
Thanks, this is very helpful.  I may order a bottle of the Freedom TC if there's a tolerable deal on offer.

I would love a NYC box!

They also posted a picture of them in NYC on Instagram. So its totally possible! Although I don't know if they would do two cities back to back?

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks, this is very helpful.  I may order a bottle of the Freedom TC if there's a tolerable deal on offer.
I'm still on the fence. At least Seche Vite lets you know it is going to thicken up and sells Restore alongside the top coat.

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like it, although I wouldn't pay the full price for it either.  Julep's prices are way over inflated, IMO.

Latest posts

Back