Julep August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they wanted to hook a niche customer base that would keep coming back month after month, they should do three way-the-hell-out-there shades every month and send that out as the It Girl box. Mustard holo, puce satin, and pea soup duochrome? Gimme. Safe colors? No.

I'm back to Julep after a very long absence, and I had a coupon code for a free polish. I looked at all the available polishes for the longest time, and all I could think was " I have that already".

So, I bought a Truth and Dare box too. OMG, I can't resist surprise boxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't really have a problems with cremes, its just that Julep keeps sending the same cremes over and over again. Also, honestly, I would rather get my cremes from OPI or Zoya--they're not really what I'm looking for from Julep. I view my subscription boxes as a chance to get something that I maybe wouldn't or couldn't get in store and don't really want to spend the money at Julep to take a chance on a color that I already have or could get easier locally 

@KellySilva I love your idea about offering a different finish for every color released one month! I would love that! Also, it's a great idea to give personalized polish as gifts! How fun! 

I'm back to Julep after a very long absence, and I had a coupon code for a free polish. I looked at all the available polishes for the longest time, and all I could think was " I have that already".

So, I bought a Truth and Dare box too. OMG, I can't resist surprise boxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
you were able to get the free polish discount off of the mystery box? i have a code that expires at the end of this month, but haven't been able to settle on a polish.. this might be a good alternative!

you were able to get the free polish discount off of the mystery box? i have a code that expires at the end of this month, but haven't been able to settle on a polish.. this might be a good alternative!
 I realize now that my post wasn't clear. I bought a T and D mystery box with the hand cream that comes in the jar.. I had a code for a free polish.. I DID find a polish, finally that looks interesting and quite a lot like some of my fave Lippman polishes.. Let me find it and I'll tell you what I bought.

I bought Blakely, as I LOVE duochromes and deep multi-colors. I am not a pastel creme polish person at all.

The coupon I found online while looking for deals on Julep,com ( they have tons)  which is NOT a referral code at all is for one free polish with a purchase. I did use it with my Mystery box purchase but as far as I know, it will work with any purchase right now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Code is POLISHPERK.

I do not know when it expires, but it worked yesterday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
What time does the Maven window usually open? I fly out of town on the 20th and I'm not sure I will have access to a computer to skip if I don't like what August has in store. I'll  have my work computer with me, but it blocks the Julep site, lol. I can never skip with my phone either. 

What time does the Maven window usually open? I fly out of town on the 20th and I'm not sure I will have access to a computer to skip if I don't like what August has in store. I'll  have my work computer with me, but it blocks the Julep site, lol. I can never skip with my phone either. 
Around 5:30am pacific time.

I'm not sure what would tempt me at this point . I've skipped the last two months, so maybe I've reached saturation level for a while, and the new products haven't appealed to me enough to motivate getting the polishes.  I just threw out the New York Jazz Club trio lipsticks, one of which had gone bad (Lady in Red), and the others were so lightly pigmented they were nondescript.  So, I'm not sure if Julep lipsticks would sway me much either.

Ha, I have two large Bare Mineral totes full of Julep polishes. I found the old July ones- the patriotic sparkles and glitter one, and the red one with stars. They sent them out as a duo only. That had to be 3 years ago. 

They were pushing their envelope more then than they are now. I do not like the magnetic polish fad or their suede polishes. I have a ton of those still unopened.

I've skipped quite a few months now. I got some stuff during some of their sales though. NEVER ever have I bought a mystery box though. I think about it and then spoilers come out and I am glad I didn't. 

I can't think of anything I don't have that I really want. I love cremes but I feel like I have every possible color at this point. I would love NEON's. I mean real serious in your face neons! I would get a box like that for sure. If there is nothing that wow's me, I will be skipping. 

I got a pedicure this weekend and forgot to bring my own nail polish. Left it at home. argggghh. I felt so guilty using a salon polish when I have a million polishes sitting at home waiting to be used....

Basically what everyone else said already. NO MORE CREAMS.

I want some weird colors & some funky finishes that'll make eyes bleed! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Julep honestly doesn't strike me as that kind of company. I think they are like OPI and Essie more than the indie companies. The bulk of their collections will be creams and shimmers in reds and pinks. Not yellows and greens in holographic glitter or chalkboard finish. LOL

I voted to keep with the creams, shimmers and sheers. That's what I like from Julep. 

Back