Julep August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yay!  Just got tracking for my clean up tool!   It was sent FedEx and should be here Thursday.

Took the survey -- weird that in a couple of questions they had "other" as a choice and said they'd ask for details "later" ... but never did.

My August saga appears to be over.  I received a Maven box on Saturday that included the Boho Glam polishes I ordered (including the out-of-stock India, which I was shocked I received!), the cuticle oil I subbed for the beauty item and the Sushmita add-on.  I wonder if there were a bunch of packed boxes that just never got sent for some reason, because I don't understand why some of us got India now, while so many earlier boxes were missing it.  Crazy.

And I must have been the only person who received the clean-up too in my Maniversary box.  I ordered it knowing it would be an extra ... and now I'll have 3!  Mine should be delivered tomorrow.

They really, really need to get their act together with the shipping.  Between all of the Jules they have been throwing at us, the extra items they are having to send people to make up for their mistakes (substitute polish + a free polish of choice + 1900 Jules!), sending additional shipments because of missing items ... I can't imagine how much the fiasco that was August is going to cost them in dollars, not to mention lost subscribers!

I don't know whats happening!  I contacted Julep about my missing Clean Up tool and to cancel.  The girl was super nice about the cancelling and said she couldn't because I still have two more months of Maven left but she did give my the date I needed to cancel by (sometime in October by the 24th).  Then she sent me the Clean Up tool with an invoice.

Got tracking for that, it's coming from Seattle.

Then I just got another tracking email!  This time from FedEx from Ohio!  I have no idea what that is.  I've already got my Maven box for the month.

The other weird thing is (and can someone else confirm this,  maybe?) I got that ridiculous $18 3-month deal.  Isn't August our last  month??  Why does she tell me I still have two months left?! 

I'm so confused.

I saw that too- weird!  so I just listed it on the last page- where you could put in your name, email, and additional feedback. I really hope they bring Harper (never got that one :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ;(  ) and Kayla back! (fortunately I have 2 bottles of Kayla to horde..)  I can't believe that collection is already retired so fast!

Took the survey -- weird that in a couple of questions they had "other" as a choice and said they'd ask for details "later" ... but never did.

I don't know whats happening!  I contacted Julep about my missing Clean Up tool and to cancel.  The girl was super nice about the cancelling and said she couldn't because I still have two more months of Maven left but she did give my the date I needed to cancel by (sometime in October by the 24th).  Then she sent me the Clean Up tool with an invoice.

Then I just got another tracking email!  This time from FedEx from Ohio!  I have no idea what that is.  I've already got my Maven box for the month.

The other weird thing is (and can someone else confirm this,  maybe?) I got that ridiculous $18 3-month deal.  Isn't August our last  month??  Why does she tell me I still have two months left?! 

I'm so confused.
I did the same three month deal. I thought it was for the intro box + 2 monthly boxes, but Julep seems to be treating it as the intro box + 3 monthly boxes. I think September's box should be our last one. My August box shipped super late so I got the email for the 1900 Jules. At this rate, I will have gotten an intro box + 4 monthly boxes for $18!

I don't know whats happening! I contacted Julep about my missing Clean Up tool and to cancel. The girl was super nice about the cancelling and said she couldn't because I still have two more months of Maven left but she did give my the date I needed to cancel by (sometime in October by the 24th). Then she sent me the Clean Up tool with an invoice.

Then I just got another tracking email! This time from FedEx from Ohio! I have no idea what that is. I've already got my Maven box for the month.

The other weird thing is (and can someone else confirm this, maybe?) I got that ridiculous $18 3-month deal. Isn't August our last month?? Why does she tell me I still have two months left?!

I'm so confused.
I bet you are getting 2 cleanup tools. Some people have already received 2 and now it's out of stock lol! On mobile, or I would use the eye roll smiley.

Has anyone received their 1900 "sorry" Jules? I got the email saying I would get them but my account only shows 300 being added. Geez Julep.

I had the same problem. I was trying to decide if I should email now or wait another day and see if it gets sorted.

On the Facebook swap group, someone called and asked about the 1900 Jules. They told her they would be added separately and to call on the 20th if she didn't have them by then. Mine haven't showed up yet either but I'm hoping I will see them today.

on my Jules page it says 650 Jules for taking the box + late shipping. But I got the upgrade (My Maven) so that should net me 650 Jules anyway.

How much were we supposed to get for late shipping?

Shipping bonus jules are being added in batches throughout the day. If you haven't received them by the time the window opens, call. I'm not sure if everyone is receiving the same amount, but if your account says "plus delayed shipping bonus" then you should be receiving SOME jules.

on my Jules page it says 650 Jules for taking the box + late shipping. But I got the upgrade (My Maven) so that should net me 650 Jules anyway.

Shipping bonus jules are being added in batches throughout the day. If you haven't received them by the time the window opens, call. I'm not sure if everyone is receiving the same amount, but if your account says "plus delayed shipping bonus" then you should be receiving SOME jules.
Just checked my account again.  The 1900 Jules they promised for the shipping issues have now been added.  Glad to see them even if I don't expect to take a box when the window opens tomorrow.

Same for me.  I also had the Polish Upgrade so 650 sounds right.  I didn't have a shipping delay, luckily, so I'm not expecting to see any more Jules applied.

I'm at 1,650 Jules now, almost enough to get a free box, which might tempt me to take a box this month so I can get the next one free.  I hope the collection is good!

They're giving out Jules in two batches- yesterday I got 300 for "Box Take+ Delayed Shipping bonus" even though 300 is the usual amount I would have earned. Today I got 1900 for "August 2014 delayed shipping bonus jules"- plus my 500 anniversary Jules, which I wasn't expecting until next month! Very surprised to log in and see over 3000 jules! 

I think the second batch of 1900 Jules is only going to Mavens who got that email/ had a shipping problem. I think my box arrived August 9th.

I did the same three month deal. I thought it was for the intro box + 2 monthly boxes, but Julep seems to be treating it as the intro box + 3 monthly boxes. I think September's box should be our last one. My August box shipped super late so I got the email for the 1900 Jules. At this rate, I will have gotten an intro box + 4 monthly boxes for $18!
Okay, so I logged on this morning and it says the September box is paid for and my last box will be October!!  Thats...  totally cool but WOW that was the biggest glitch in history!  That's 5 months for $18!

I got 350 points for box take and delayed shipping bonus.  I don't think my box was late, though it did take forever since it came (for the first time ever) from Ohio.  I did get my clean up tool in the USPS package.  I bet @@Lolo22 is right and I'm getting another one since I had an email response to my first email I sent (10 days after I sent it).  Don't they look at accounts?!  Surely they could see someone had already sent me one.  I don't know whats going on with them but...

I admit (though I don't deserve it) I'm hoping for enough "extra" Jules to get another box before my sub ends. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know whats happening! I contacted Julep about my missing Clean Up tool and to cancel. The girl was super nice about the cancelling and said she couldn't because I still have two more months of Maven left but she did give my the date I needed to cancel by (sometime in October by the 24th). Then she sent me the Clean Up tool with an invoice.

Then I just got another tracking email! This time from FedEx from Ohio! I have no idea what that is. I've already got my Maven box for the month.

The other weird thing is (and can someone else confirm this, maybe?) I got that ridiculous $18 3-month deal. Isn't August our last month?? Why does she tell me I still have two months left?!

I'm so confused.
Perhaps you or others can help me also? I got the 3 months with the 5 piece box for about 29 bucks. Does this mean Aug is the 5 piece and Oct and Nov are the 3 boxes. Or is the 5 piece extra? Meaning my sub would last until Dec?
And OMG, my 5 piece box showed up today! I got three polishes, glycolic hand scrub and mint foot cream. AND a 50% off coupon!! Couldn't be more pleased. I am at work right now and can't play with much yet. But I did try the hand scrub, and OMG is that stuff awesome! Just may have to use that coupon, but I didn't have a chance to read the small print if any.

Meowz is soooo very happy! Anyways, I feel like I already got my moneys worth so the rest is gravy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back