Julep August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick question here so I know when to cancel.  For the 3 month sub, the 5 piece sets counts as your first month, correct?  That would cover Aug, and then Sept and Oct would be left.  Correct?

My box showed up today with no tracking sent, ever! It's taken longer to arrive in past months, so I'm ok with this.

My order was correct (polish upgrade with taupe eyeliner), nothing missing, and they did include Queen Anne as a surprise bonus.

Still waiting on a customer service response to my email from Saturday... we'll see if they offer any Jules for the no tracking.

Hey Guys,

FYI - I still havent gotten a response on my emails and calls just keep me wanting to strangle Jane Park with all her talk of girlfriends. This is not how you would treat a homie. I let them know i'd be filing with the BBB this morning....

I'm still waiting on... well, just about everything! I haven't received shipping notice/tracking for my August Maven box. I have now sent two emails regarding the order but no response. Next step is phoning I guess.

I'm also irritated by the shipping process to Canada. I made two purchases after the maven window closed, one from the secret store and another from the regular store. I received shipment confirmation and tracking on July 30. Since then.... bascially nothing. The tracking updated as having shipped on August 4th for one order and August 7th for another. No updates since. I figure the orders will just show up but I'm really irritated by the fact that they send out a shipping confirmation one day and then the order doesn't appear to actually have shipped until over a week later. I'd rather get tracking info once the order is in process, not if it's just going to sit without any updates for a week. It seems crazy that USPS would be that slow to ship from California to a major Canadian city. For my intro box once it ended up with Canada Post in BC, I had it in a day or two. The major delays was in crossing the border I guess. I can't imagine it's customs, as I don't have the same issues with other cross border purchases.

I emailed on the 6th re: my missing clean up tool and no response yet.  They know that NO ONE that ordered the maniversary box got a cleanup tool (at least from what I've seen posted) so why the eff are they going through everyone's emails one by one?  Just send a mass email letting us know you are mailing them out.  My guess is that they don't have the stock and are trying to buy some time.

Also, now I'm seeing they started subbing Katie too (which I planned to buy with my free code that expires 8/30).  So now I have to find another color to use the code since that was the only one I really wanted and I doubt they will have stock for a long time (if ever).

There is no way their crazy ish will be figured out in 8 days so I plan to skip September based solely on principle.

I got my box without the tracking today...instead of India they subbed Joyce...and they put a black liner instead of brown AND forgot my other eyeliner (I added the Boho Glam box as an add-on) <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my box today. After reading about all of Julep's mistakes this month, I was surprised I got everything I ordered. I got the polish lovers upgrade and all the colors are beautiful. They sent me an eye primer as the bonus for purchasing three add ons and I also got Queen Anne.

Oh wow! This is crazy. I haven't heard from them regarding the extra Jules. I should have my box tomorrow/ Thurs at latest. I am curious to see if all my items are in my box.

OMG I got a response from the [email protected]!!!!  They WILL do cancellations by email now!

AND she sent my clean up tool, too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And I don't know what she's looking at but she said I still have two months left on my account, which... is impossible, since I only signed up for three months and I've got three boxes now.  I think.  I hate their website so much...  Why doesn't it just TELL you when you started subbing and when it ends?!

Wow, lots of problems with this month. I was super excited to get my box today (I received the July box on the 29th), I opened it up

....Aaaand none of it was what I ordered.

I ordered the Bombshell box with purple eyeliner, added on Tammi and instead received eyeshadow, black eyeliner and Tammi. The eyeshadow is really nice and buttery smooth, in case anyone is wondering, but it's definitely not nail polish. Hope I can get a discount code or something because I really like the August polish and Queen Anne. 

I'm on day 8 since I emailed with no reply yet.  The people I've seen getting replies on FB have said it was 9-10 days before they received a reply.  I would call but my issue is on my account which I made in my boyfriends name (that would not pass as a girls name). So I will keep waiting.....

I got my box today. I was sad that I didn't get the free anniversary polish, Queen Anne. The eyeliner is very smooth so no complaints there. Oh well...

I got my box today. I was sad that I didn't get the free anniversary polish, Queen Anne. The eyeliner is very smooth so no complaints there. Oh well...
I don't think the anniversary polish was free. If you did the polish upgrade, they added it as a bonus, but if you just got a normal box, you would have to pay the $6.99 to add it on.

I don't think the anniversary polish was free. If you did the polish upgrade, they added it as a bonus, but if you just got a normal box, you would have to pay the $6.99 to add it on.
They didn't offer it as a separate add on. It was in the secret store for add on price, and they used it as a replacement polish for people's polishes they ran out of. Some people got multiples, maybe check the trade threads @@Jac13 if you still want it.

Wow, lots of problems with this month. I was super excited to get my box today (I received the July box on the 29th), I opened it up

....Aaaand none of it was what I ordered.

I ordered the Bombshell box with purple eyeliner, added on Tammi and instead received eyeshadow, black eyeliner and Tammi. The eyeshadow is really nice and buttery smooth, in case anyone is wondering, but it's definitely not nail polish. Hope I can get a discount code or something because I really like the August polish and Queen Anne. 
I have the same problem as you sort of...wrong eyeliners + missing another plus they subbed India in my box for Joyce. I hope CS gets you sorted out! They've been pretty good with my complaints, they're sending me a replacement polish from the site (still waiting to hear back if August polishes are eligible) and my missing eyeliner plus the correct eyeliner colours I want.

I have the same problem as you sort of...wrong eyeliners + missing another plus they subbed India in my box for Joyce. I hope CS gets you sorted out! They've been pretty good with my complaints, they're sending me a replacement polish from the site (still waiting to hear back if August polishes are eligible) and my missing eyeliner plus the correct eyeliner colours I want.
So you got Joyce instead of India and I didn't get Joyce at all and no substitution polish.  WTH.

I finally heard back from Julep yesterday about both my ta-da drops and Joyce being missing.  They are going to send another ta-da drops out and they said Joyce was out of stock so I could pick a different polish.

Did everyone who had an out of stock polish get a substitute polish sent out?  I'm trying to decide if I should call them out and insist that I get a substitute polish as well as a coupon code because that is what other mavens have gotten.  However, if the substitution is hit or miss, I don't know if I should be difficult about it.  Thoughts?

@@rainpetal I'd try my luck if I were you! The CS rep I've been emailing said most of the August polishes are out of stock! She did say Neha and Sushimita were still in stock as of 11 am EST today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had any CS issues thankfully, but I thought I would add that I absolutely love the smokey taupe eyeliner I got this month.  I swear, I almost always enjoy Julep's beauty product.  This, the peach blush and the cleansing oil are definitely staples in my routine!

Haven't had any CS issues thankfully, but I thought I would add that I absolutely love the smokey taupe eyeliner I got this month.  I swear, I almost always enjoy Julep's beauty product.  This, the peach blush and the cleansing oil are definitely staples in my routine!
I almost wish I had gotten an eyeliner, the smokey taupe would have been my choice too! Maybe I can snag one on sale later.

Latest posts

Back