Julep August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thisclose to cancelling for a few months now. I was one of the ones that signed up in early January and was post-signup informed that I didn't get the monthly skip option, and it's been nothing but the same headaches as everyone else since then. First, I stuck around for April, my birthday month, for the extra Jules, then May for the plie wand, then June to earn enough Jules for a free box, then cashed in my Jules for a free July box, then used my "every 6 months earn-a-skip" for August.

I've used my nail polish budget for the last two months on some awesome indie polishes. So much happier with the unique colors/finishes/glitters/mattes/etc. Very happy to get exactly what I want for $20 and for my money to go directly to the person making it. (Right now I'm wearing Dinah from LynBDesigns, a super pretty grey-lavender with a subtle purple shimmer. Love! And it's named after the cat in Alice in Wonderland. And it's World Cat Day today.)

Anyway.... I'm waiting to see what the September collection looks like. If it's boring creams and dupes again I'll be calling to cancel for real this time. A small part of me wants to call and ask to skip, because I do like when a 50% off code floats by and I can order 3-5 polishes from the gift section for less than $10. But I have to remind myself that that's another $10 going into their coffers.

I stop by Julep's facebook page every now and then, and the level of vitriol in the comments and posts is staggering. If that were my company, I'd be trying my darndest to get the major concerns (shipping, CS response time, difficulty of cancelling) addressed ASAP. Jane Park used to be super-visible and "girlfriend-y." Where is she now? Leaving her CS reps to take the brunt of maven concerns and complaints?  I doubt those CS reps make more than $15/hour. No way could you pay me to deal with what I'm sure they go through on a daily basis.

I stop by Julep's facebook page every now and then, and the level of vitriol in the comments and posts is staggering. If that were my company, I'd be trying my darndest to get the major concerns (shipping, CS response time, difficulty of cancelling) addressed ASAP. Jane Park used to be super-visible and "girlfriend-y." Where is she now? Leaving her CS reps to take the brunt of maven concerns and complaints?  I doubt those CS reps make more than $15/hour. No way could you pay me to deal with what I'm sure they go through on a daily basis.
Even the CS reps on Facebook are hardly to be seen anymore. Not that I blame them.

I've been thisclose to cancelling for a few months now. I was one of the ones that signed up in early January and was post-signup informed that I didn't get the monthly skip option, and it's been nothing but the same headaches as everyone else since then. First, I stuck around for April, my birthday month, for the extra Jules, then May for the plie wand, then June to earn enough Jules for a free box, then cashed in my Jules for a free July box, then used my "every 6 months earn-a-skip" for August.

I've used my nail polish budget for the last two months on some awesome indie polishes. So much happier with the unique colors/finishes/glitters/mattes/etc. Very happy to get exactly what I want for $20 and for my money to go directly to the person making it. (Right now I'm wearing Dinah from LynBDesigns, a super pretty grey-lavender with a subtle purple shimmer. Love! And it's named after the cat in Alice in Wonderland. And it's World Cat Day today.)

Anyway.... I'm waiting to see what the September collection looks like. If it's boring creams and dupes again I'll be calling to cancel for real this time. A small part of me wants to call and ask to skip, because I do like when a 50% off code floats by and I can order 3-5 polishes from the gift section for less than $10. But I have to remind myself that that's another $10 going into their coffers.

I stop by Julep's facebook page every now and then, and the level of vitriol in the comments and posts is staggering. If that were my company, I'd be trying my darndest to get the major concerns (shipping, CS response time, difficulty of cancelling) addressed ASAP. Jane Park used to be super-visible and "girlfriend-y." Where is she now? Leaving her CS reps to take the brunt of maven concerns and complaints? I doubt those CS reps make more than $15/hour. No way could you pay me to deal with what I'm sure they go through on a daily basis.
This is what I really don't understand. What is the hold up for improving CS?? I mean they're all nice enough, but they are strapped so thin and for so long now. It makes no sense.

So, I just used the Magic40 code.  Too bad I didn't see Magic50!  Oh well. 

I got Claudia (this month's birthstone polish) & Queen Anne.  I haven't taken a Julep box in a few months so I'm ready for a couple new polishes. 

This is what I really don't understand. What is the hold up for improving CS?? I mean they're all nice enough, but they are strapped so thin and for so long now. It makes no sense.

Profit margin?

I think that getting new customers is their driving force - so CS is less important than bringing in new business

I got my box today and I got India (yeah) but the still managed to mess it up because they left out my add-on of Joyce.  So yet another email to Julep.

And out of curiosity I just tried the Magic50 code and it is still working.

I got my box today and I got India (yeah) but the still managed to mess it up because they left out my add-on of Joyce.  So yet another email to Julep.

And out of curiosity I just tried the Magic50 code and it is still working.
The fine print on Magic50 says it expires tomorrow night.

/sigh

I'm missing the clean up tool from my box.  An email to Julep on Monday still hasn't been answered.  Time for another one I suppose.  

Looks like I'm not the only one with issues.  I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse...  I was debating keeping Julep for another month after my 3-month sub runs out but I am not looking forward to that phone call.  Or being on hold for however long.  I just don't want to be charged full price for another three months so I can't put it off too long.  

Why, when they are so short handed, do they not just put a cancel button on their website?!  And forget that silly crap about how they can't do that because of security reasons.  please.  We aren't idiots and we know that's not true.  If they can take my credit card number, they can take my cancellation.  Seems like that would save them a whole lot of trouble, too.

/sigh

Why, when they are so short handed, do they not just put a cancel button on their website?!  And forget that silly crap about how they can't do that because of security reasons.  please.  We aren't idiots and we know that's not true.  If they can take my credit card number, they can take my cancellation.  Seems like that would save them a whole lot of trouble, too.
I think they started accepting cancellations if you email [email protected]. Obviously keep your confirmation email in case they DO bill you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've never had another subscription that had to be cancelled over the phone, and only one that required an email. So many things going on with them that could/need to be changed. I'm just going to keep skipping, and not buying anything until things seem to get better. It's just a bit ridiculous at this point, and makes me wonder who is preventing the changes that need to be made.

ETA: Do we know if Julep is using a fulfillment service to pack their boxes or their own employees? Because whoever is in charge needs to change if they keep up with all these problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never even gave joining Julip a thought.  But then I got tempted with the recent promo.  Got 3 months at 50% off.    That comes out to $10 a month,  Not too shabby! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The code works on maven subscriptions? That almost makes me want to re-sign up, but must resist....

The code works on maven subscriptions? That almost makes me want to re-sign up, but must resist....
Yeah, it did, hope it sticks. If it took it, I guess that means it was ok. I suppose that deal is over now, wasn't that just until the tenth? There was a deal right before this that was even better. Can't remember what it was though. So I am certain they will come out with something new to tempt folks.

I think they started accepting cancellations if you email [email protected]. Obviously keep your confirmation email in case they DO bill you again.
Except they are really bad about answering you or confirming your cancellation.  I've emailed twice to cancel, called several times to no avail, and have both publicly and privately Facebook messaged.  I've still got no response other than one time and all they said was, "did you email [email protected]?"... nothing since, and I'm still not canceled.  It has been since July 20th I've been trying to get cancelled.  A lot of the people blasting up the Facebook page are having similar cancellation problems.  It is beyond ridiculous.  

Except they are really bad about answering you or confirming your cancellation. I've emailed twice to cancel, called several times to no avail, and have both publicly and privately Facebook messaged. I've still got no response other than one time and all they said was, "did you email [email protected]?"... nothing since, and I'm still not canceled. It has been since July 20th I've been trying to get cancelled. A lot of the people blasting up the Facebook page are having similar cancellation problems. It is beyond ridiculous.
Yikes! I'm getting a bit tired of the lack of responsiveness. And most people that are contacting them have legitimate issues that any other company would fix ASAP. Why don't they care about all the people that were missing items this month? They must think people will just give up rather than try to get through to CS.

This might be a silly question and maybe someone already answered it, but was there a free gift for doing 3 add-ons this month? I feel like I remember there would be which is why I added on 3 polishes, but I didn't come in my box. Can anyone help me out before I start on an e-mail to Julep CS?
I received the free gift of the blank canvas eye primer.  I bought my box and my three add-ons with jules.  Perhaps you can email customer service for your surprise gift.

Maven Box DetailsYour Box: August Classic with a Twist Box

Includes:

• Gel Eye Glider - Smoky Taupe Shimmer
  • Katie
  • Avni
  • Addons:
  • Waleska
  • Neha
  • Plié Wand Precision Brush - 2 Pack
  • Total: $3.51

Latest posts

Back