Julep August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't had any CS issues thankfully, but I thought I would add that I absolutely love the smokey taupe eyeliner I got this month. I swear, I almost always enjoy Julep's beauty product. This, the peach blush and the cleansing oil are definitely staples in my routine!
Agreed! Wore the Taupe yesterday and the Rich Brown today. In love with both. I'm sure I'll be equally as pleased with the plum. Wearing all Julep on my eyes today: lightest shade of powder shadow with the liquid taupe in the crease. Rich brown eyeliner. Their brown mascara. Love the look and having no eye sensitivity issues with the mascara at all!

I almost wish I had gotten an eyeliner, the smokey taupe would have been my choice too! Maybe I can snag one on sale later.
I'm sure you can get one later, it's definitely worth it! It's nice for daytime without being too boring

Agreed! Wore the Taupe yesterday and the Rich Brown today. In love with both. I'm sure I'll be equally as pleased with the plum. Wearing all Julep on my eyes today: lightest shade of powder shadow with the liquid taupe in the crease. Rich brown eyeliner. Their brown mascara. Love the look and having no eye sensitivity issues with the mascara at all!
Oooo good to hear that the other liners are awesome as well! I'll have to check out that mascara too.  Glad you're enjoying it all!

I love their brown lengthening mascara! It is my everyday mascara!

Julep finally replied to me and said they will be 'placing an order to ship me my missing cleanup tool.'  Not they have ordered it, not they have shipped it.  No Jules.

Then, they say, "Also feel free to hang on to these other products since this was our error."

Oh, how generous of you to let me keep the rest of the items that came with the box I ordered.....I'm so tempted to write back a snarky response but it's not worth the annoyance of another incompetent email I will get in 8 days.

Another update:  I emailed again since I still hadn't received tracking for my cleanup tool and got a very fast response that it probably wouldn't be shipped til next week but she wasn't really sure.  She gave me gift card code for a free polish.  I just really want the cleanup tool and it's in stock, so I don't get it.

I also asked about Katie and was told it will not be re-stocked, ever.  Same with the other sold out polishes this month. They're gone for good. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also asked about Katie and was told it will not be re-stocked, ever.  Same with the other sold out polishes this month. They're gone for good. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That is so dumb, what a terrible decision they made. Especially all the people who didn't get the colors they picked. They better sort this out next month, otherwise they will have an even bigger problem on their hands.

Another update:  I emailed again since I still hadn't received tracking for my cleanup tool and got a very fast response that it probably wouldn't be shipped til next week but she wasn't really sure.  She gave me gift card code for a free polish.  I just really want the cleanup tool and it's in stock, so I don't get it.

What, how is that possible?  Every other month they go through the inventory they have and then re-order more as part of their permanent stock.  Does Julep usually retire them so soon?  Seems really strange for them to come up with such an awesome collection that lots of people love and then not re-stock it.

That is so dumb, what a terrible decision they made. Especially all the people who didn't get the colors they picked. They better sort this out next month, otherwise they will have an even bigger problem on their hands.
What, how is that possible?  Every other month they go through the inventory they have and then re-order more as part of their permanent stock.  Does Julep usually retire them so soon?  Seems really strange for them to come up with such an awesome collection that lots of people love and then not re-stock it.
Honestly, I don't know whether to put much stock in that or not.  I want to say I can't believe it, but I feel like they are so far left field this month I wouldn't be surprised.  I'm sure they will show up on QVC in 2 months.

So much for their "theory" that skipping caused their stock to get jacked out of shape. They do it to themselves with poor order fulfillment. Which reminds me... if the colors are "discontinued" and they're not receiving any more stock, then why haven't they changed the "coming soon" graphics on the collection on the website?

They probably had some issues with the manufacturer or something and don't have a date for when they'll get more stock. Or they don't want to pay for the shipping to send it out to those who got substitutions. (which is bullpoop, in my opinion. Own up to your mistakes!) 

I bet all the colors will get restocked and they'll say something like "back by popular demand!" and pretend like they're listening to their customers.

Hey everyone: I just want to remind you that there are consumer protections in place for a company who send you the wrong product and charge you for it. You can dispute it with your CC company as well as the BBB as long as you have the confirmation of your orders.

Julep seems like they're almost TRYING to put themselves in hot water here... especially with the shipping fiasco that got bumped up

They probably had some issues with the manufacturer or something and don't have a date for when they'll get more stock. Or they don't want to pay for the shipping to send it out to those who got substitutions. (which is bullpoop, in my opinion. Own up to your mistakes!) 

I bet all the colors will get restocked and they'll say something like "back by popular demand!" and pretend like they're listening to their customers.
I'd rather they say that they're having problems with their DC this month and say that they're actively working on fixing the fustercluck that this month has turned into instead of ignoring the issues at hand or haphazardly fixing things without actually fixing them.

I finally got my box today! I was afraid with all the substitutions and all the mistakes with fulfilling boxes that mine would be a mess, but I actually got everything I ordered. I still think it's ridiculous that the September window is opening in a couple days and I just now got the August box, but I'm so happy that everything's right. The colors are gorgeous too, if Julep doesn't find a way to restock them they are going to be missing out on a lot of sales.

box1.jpg

The CS rep I emailed told me this after I asked if India would be back in stock:

We actually cannot guarantee that India will ever be back in stock. All of our products are limited edition. We are always looking to create new and exciting products for our Mavens. Many times once our products go out of stock, they will not come back into stock. We will pass your interest along to the proper departments. We always want to make sure our Mavens are happy and have their favorite Julep products, so hearing what is in demand is always great.

This is the first time that I have heard that the collections were limited edition. I know that polishes like Rae went out of stock and were only brought back as a special add on in another set (if I remember correctly)...but they have never not put whole collections back in stock before. I don't/can't buy a box every month but I usually pick up individual colors later, I hope I can continue doing that on future collections. 

Do you all remember polishes that have sold out during the selection window and then were retired immediately? 

I didn't get a box this month and am sorry to hear of all the trouble people are having! I hope they get everything sorted out and September doesn't bring the same problems they have been having.

Last edited by a moderator:
The CS rep I emailed told me this after I asked if India would be back in stock:

We actually cannot guarantee that India will ever be back in stock. All of our products are limited edition. We are always looking to create new and exciting products for our Mavens. Many times once our products go out of stock, they will not come back into stock. We will pass your interest along to the proper departments. We always want to make sure our Mavens are happy and have their favorite Julep products, so hearing what is in demand is always great.
Then maybe their CS department should be in communication with their web team as to the fact that the website has all the new colors listed as "coming soon". If they were limited edition and permanently out of stock then they shouldn't be falsely advertised on the website as a new item.

I...just...Julep...wow. The inconsistent bs they keep spewing forth never ceases to amaze me.

They have consistently said that technically all of their polishes are limited edition. Obviously some are more limited than others (Katie sold out during the window vs. Michelle which has been around since at least mid 2011).

That's ridiculous about the clean-up tool though... I ordered one Sunday night and received it in the mail on Thursday.

Then maybe their CS department should be in communication with their web team as to the fact that the website has all the new colors listed as "coming soon". If they were limited edition and permanently out of stock then they shouldn't be falsely advertised on the website as a new item.

I...just...Julep...wow. The inconsistent bs they keep spewing forth never ceases to amaze me.
It sounds like the CS rep was just giving a "I don't know, but here's what could happen" kind of reply. I don't think they're told much in terms of stock and product availability, so it could be that the colors will be coming back and they're just giving a worst-case scenario answer. The colors are always listed as out of stock and coming soon until some unknown time that they are officially sold through the website to everyone else who didn't get them in their box. It's not false advertising because I think everything will come back in stock eventually.

Has anyone tried the jenna hipp basecoat and topcoat from costco? The 4-set is available at my local costco for $10, wondering how it compares to julep. The julep base coat and topcoat are available in one of their emmys sets (the modern family one) for $25, buy 2 emmys sets and an add on and I can spend enough to use the emmys code...

Dangit, I should stop checking juleps sets. I gave them more money even after all these issues they've been having.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back