Julep: Diamond Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wait till you do your first full upgrade.  I did my first one on the neon collection. Now every month it is a constant struggle not to just go ahead and upgrade fully.  Next thing you know Julep bottles everywhere.
EVERYWHERE. I am to the point where I need another nail polish rack. Oops

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, that was quick...

Hi there! Your julep.com order is on the way.

Wow! Nice!

I ordered Julep with the full intention of getting the free box and then canceling (that sounds mean and self-serving, sorry).  I loved the three polishes I received so much that I essentially decided I wasn't going to cancel for at least a couple of months, but that I wouldn't buy any addons.  Then a mystery box happens and I pulled the trigger so quickly.  WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME??!!!  SEND HELP!

There is no help...I need a full blown intervention! Thank God the BF feels the same way I do about his video games....That way we both can blissfully live in denial of our obsessive collecting. 
sdrop.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is no help...I need a full blown intervention! Thank God the BF feels the same way I do about his video games....That way we both can blissfully live in denial of our obsessive collecting. 
sdrop.gif

The problem that I have is that I'm an enormous nerd and, therefore, I feel the same way about my makeup as I do about video games, so the balance is off in my home.

That said, I'm the most important because I control all the lady parts.

Yeah, I said it...

As an aside, the last box I got which was three polishes and a crystal nail file, weighed just over half a pound.  This box weighs over three times that (1.64 lbs).  Getting kind of excited.

The problem that I have is that I'm an enormous nerd and, therefore, I feel the same way about my makeup as I do about video games, so the balance is off in my home.

That said, I'm the most important because I control all the lady parts.

Yeah, I said it...
Hahaha. What games are you playing right now? I'm currently on GTA and waiting patiently to get my ps4 on Friday. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hahaha. What games are you playing right now? I'm currently on GTA and waiting patiently to get my ps4 on Friday. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I'm currently jealous!  I mostly do DOTA 2 and World of Warcraft.  We have consoles, but, aside from a bit of GTA and some Arkham City, I've been kind of a PC gamer lately.  If my husband would buy me a PS4, that would be different.  Our PS3 stopped reading discs a few months ago and, frankly, I really hate the 360's controller (I swear that thing weighs six pounds), so the boys mostly mess with that.  So, now our PS3 has essentially become our Netflix/Hulu machine.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I'm currently jealous!  I mostly do DOTA 2 and World of Warcraft.  We have consoles, but, aside from a bit of GTA and some Arkham City, I've been kind of a PC gamer lately.  If my husband would buy me a PS4, that would be different.  Our PS3 stopped reading discs a few months ago and, frankly, I really hate the 360's controller (I swear that thing weighs six pounds), so the boys mostly mess with that.  So, now our PS3 has essentially become our Netflix/Hulu machine.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hahaha my consoles most times are netflix/hulu machines. I started off as a PC gamer but eventually didn't want to continue to upgrade a pc just so i could play new games so switched to consoles. 

That sucks about the ps3! You could always try selling it or getting it fixed... i know there are repair shops where I live that do it for fairly cheap. I think PS4s will be fairly easy to find, not because they won't sell well but because sony will be able to meet demand. I know it's not til next year but the order just looks so good!

Hahaha my consoles most times are netflix/hulu machines. I started off as a PC gamer but eventually didn't want to continue to upgrade a pc just so i could play new games so switched to consoles. 

That sucks about the ps3! You could always try selling it or getting it fixed... i know there are repair shops where I live that do it for fairly cheap. I think PS4s will be fairly easy to find, not because they won't sell well but because sony will be able to meet demand. I know it's not til next year but the order just looks so good!

I don't know what you do, by the way, that has you waist-deep in nerd stuff (I saw your post in the LC thread), but whatever it is, I'm totally jealous.  I imagine you working as a buyer for Think Geek or some equally awesome place.  Yes, I'm jealous of whatever job you have and I don't even know what you do!

I don't know what you do, by the way, that has you waist-deep in nerd stuff (I saw your post in the LC thread), but whatever it is, I'm totally jealous.  I imagine you working as a buyer for Think Geek or some equally awesome place.  Yes, I'm jealous of whatever job you have and I don't even know what you do!
LOL It's not quite as glamorous, trust me there's no need to be jealous. It's more on the retail management side of things ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The biggest plus is all the free stuff (Liiiike free ps4 and xbox one.... don't ask me why I signed up for lootcrate at an attempt for seconds. I guess my thought was xmas gifts lol). 

I would love to be a buyer for think geek though. Or a buyer for any nerdy site... that sounds like an awesome job, shop all day! LOL

Old white one or one of the new black ones? We had to replace our 360 in the past year and I've found that the new controls fit my small hands much better and are lighter ... now if only I can snag it before my husband does. = And btw, the three of us should be besties.

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeeOmega /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Old white one or one of the new black ones? We had to replace our 360 in the past year and I've found that the new controls fit my small hands much better and are lighter ... now if only I can snag it before my husband does. = And btw, the three of us should be besties.

We have THREE 360s.  Two white ones that red ringed of death.  Snatched up the newer one with a Kinect in an Amazon flash sale last Christmas.

And yes, we are clearly all awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  LOL It's not quite as glamorous, trust me there's no need to be jealous. It's more on the retail management side of things ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The biggest plus is all the free stuff (Liiiike free ps4 and xbox one.... don't ask me why I signed up for lootcrate at an attempt for seconds. I guess my thought was xmas gifts lol). 

I would love to be a buyer for think geek though. Or a buyer for any nerdy site... that sounds like an awesome job, shop all day! LOL

I am still jealous!!  I am actually subbing to Loot Crate because I'm raising a super nerd kid and I think it would make a good Christmas present.  I need a job where I'm hip deep in free nerd gear though :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We have THREE 360s.  Two white ones that red ringed of death.  Snatched up the newer one with a Kinect in an Amazon flash sale last Christmas.

And yes, we are clearly all awesome.

I am still jealous!!  I am actually subbing to Loot Crate because I'm raising a super nerd kid and I think it would make a good Christmas present.  I need a job where I'm hip deep in free nerd gear though :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ditto on the awesome!

It's so funny how today, it is cool, almost preferred, to be nerdy somehow. It's so mainstream lol. I know a few nerd kids and they are awesome, so kudos to you! Lootcrate is definitely a good xmas present, I just have picky friends. Lol. Most things in it unless you want for yourself are very giftable, especially with the themes.

Ditto on the awesome!

It's so funny how today, it is cool, almost preferred, to be nerdy somehow. It's so mainstream lol. I know a few nerd kids and they are awesome, so kudos to you! Lootcrate is definitely a good xmas present, I just have picky friends. Lol. Most things in it unless you want for yourself are very giftable, especially with the themes.
Yeah, honestly, my son is hard to buy for.  He winds up with Gamestop and Best Buy gift cards and XBox Live Points every year (although Microsoft is working on a cash system now, so that's out).

I'm more of a new subscription junkie.  I have been trying a few at a time to see which ones I want to stick with in the new year.  Since I'm still new, I stumbled across Loot Crate looking through MySubscriptionAddiction to pinpoint boxes I might be interested in and my son got all excited about the crates.  I figured I'd sub for six months, throw the boxes we get in the meantime under the tree and then he'll still have four more months of gifts to look forward to when Christmas is done.

Speaking of MySubscriptionAddiction, does anyone have a better review site for the beauty boxes?  I have had a lot of fun using the boxes to find new products that I may like.  It's a great blog for reviews on things like Fancy and Loot Crate and food boxes, but seeing pictures of brands I don't know with sentences like, "wow, this box was worth $72!" isn't helpful to me.  I'd like to find a blog that not only reviews the unboxing, but also reviews of the products IN the box and pictures of how they look on a normal person's face, if that makes sense.  Like I think it's great that she can review SO MANY boxes, but, for makeup and skincare boxes, I'd love to get actual reviews of the products.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but I really don't care how much a box is technically worth if I don't like the way any of the products look on a person.  She doesn't even swatch things on her arm.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, honestly, my son is hard to buy for.  He winds up with Gamestop and Best Buy gift cards and XBox Live Points every year (although Microsoft is working on a cash system now, so that's out).

I'm more of a new subscription junkie.  I have been trying a few at a time to see which ones I want to stick with in the new year.  Since I'm still new, I stumbled across Loot Crate looking through MySubscriptionAddiction to pinpoint boxes I might be interested in and my son got all excited about the crates.  I figured I'd sub for six months, throw the boxes we get in the meantime under the tree and then he'll still have four more months of gifts to look forward to when Christmas is done.

Speaking of MySubscriptionAddiction, does anyone have a better review site for the beauty boxes?  I have had a lot of fun using the boxes to find new products that I may like.  It's a great blog for reviews on things like Fancy and Loot Crate and food boxes, but seeing pictures of brands I don't know with sentences like, "wow, this box was worth $72!" isn't helpful to me.  I'd like to find a blog that not only reviews the unboxing, but also reviews of the products IN the box and pictures of how they look on a normal person's face, if that makes sense.  Like I think it's great that she can review SO MANY boxes, but, for makeup and skincare boxes, I'd love to get actual reviews of the products.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but I really don't care how much a box is technically worth if I don't like the way any of the products look on a person.  She doesn't even swatch things on her arm.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Well you can still buy Microsoft currency cards, they just don't have a points value. They come in 15, 25, and 50$.

That's an awesome xmas present! I don't know him but he's going to love it lol. 

I think ramblingsofasuburbanmom goes a little bit more in depth, but no swatches. I know what you mean. I'm new to the sub world too but dived right in and now have more boxes than I'd like to admit >_> but I usually figure from pictures I can tell if it is something I would like to try, and even if I don't like it, I know I can cancel. I try to look at multiple past boxes before I make a decision but swatches would help immensely! I find the forum ladies help with that a lot =o)

Well you can still buy Microsoft currency cards, they just don't have a points value. They come in 15, 25, and 50$.

That's an awesome xmas present! I don't know him but he's going to love it lol. 

I think ramblingsofasuburbanmom goes a little bit more in depth, but no swatches. I know what you mean. I'm new to the sub world too but dived right in and now have more boxes than I'd like to admit >_> but I usually figure from pictures I can tell if it is something I would like to try, and even if I don't like it, I know I can cancel. I try to look at multiple past boxes before I make a decision but swatches would help immensely! I find the forum ladies help with that a lot =o)
I've been trying to blog a little on the stuff I get over the past couple of weeks since I was in and out of the hospital and bored out of my mind, but it's nothing special.  I'd like to see some of the more read blogs go into some more in-depth reviews.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sure he'll love Loot Crate too...and I'm sure it will be difficult for me to keep away from his boxes.  I've also been looking at past boxes to guide me.  I just threw caution to the wind and pulled the trigger on an Ophelia's Apothecary sub.  Kind of a weird one, but, from what little is out there on it, everyone LOVES it.  It's an indie company, so it's a smaller sub, but she sends you an email when you sign up with a huge profile so she'll exclude certain smells that you're allergic to or just simply dislike from your box and, since she's sold for so long on Etsy, she often teams up with other Etsy sellers to add their products to boxes.  I've seen a bracelet and some really pretty copper earrings.  It's probably the one sub that I'm most excited about receiving this month.  She was super nice when I subbed and sent me a message saying that she was sending the boxes this month on the 19th, possibly sooner if the seller she's working with on Etsy gets the items for the box over more quickly.

So yeah, I'm actually more excited about this box than I am the Julep mystery box (although I'm still excited) and my first Starbox.

I've been trying to blog a little on the stuff I get over the past couple of weeks since I was in and out of the hospital and bored out of my mind, but it's nothing special.  I'd like to see some of the more read blogs go into some more in-depth reviews.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sure he'll love Loot Crate too...and I'm sure it will be difficult for me to keep away from his boxes.  I've also been looking at past boxes to guide me.  I just threw caution to the wind and pulled the trigger on an Ophelia's Apothecary sub.  Kind of a weird one, but, from what little is out there on it, everyone LOVES it.  It's an indie company, so it's a smaller sub, but she sends you an email when you sign up with a huge profile so she'll exclude certain smells that you're allergic to or just simply dislike from your box and, since she's sold for so long on Etsy, she often teams up with other Etsy sellers to add their products to boxes.  I've seen a bracelet and some really pretty copper earrings.  It's probably the one sub that I'm most excited about receiving this month.  She was super nice when I subbed and sent me a message saying that she was sending the boxes this month on the 19th, possibly sooner if the seller she's working with on Etsy gets the items for the box over more quickly.

So yeah, I'm actually more excited about this box than I am the Julep mystery box (although I'm still excited) and my first Starbox.
Blogging about it all seems fun. But time consuming! I've thought about it with the amount of subs I have right now but I work waaaay too much... what's your blog?

The apothecary sounds really interesting! I am not going to allow myself to look at it or I might sub. Haha. That personal touch seems really awesome though. Indie subs if they are established seem like some of the best. I was about to sub to glitter daze but then read she was no longer going to be personalizing each box due to her pregnancy. Which is totally understandable, but it lost it's appeal to me then. I would love something that was specifically tailored to me. Haha. 

Just subbed to starbox too! Their november lookbook seemed really interesting, and then I read the spoiler for december about the 15 shadow palette and knew that I at least had to have nov/dec. I seriously need to stop subbing to things though.

Blogging about it all seems fun. But time consuming! I've thought about it with the amount of subs I have right now but I work waaaay too much... what's your blog?

The apothecary sounds really interesting! I am not going to allow myself to look at it or I might sub. Haha. That personal touch seems really awesome though. Indie subs if they are established seem like some of the best. I was about to sub to glitter daze but then read she was no longer going to be personalizing each box due to her pregnancy. Which is totally understandable, but it lost it's appeal to me then. I would love something that was specifically tailored to me. Haha. 

Just subbed to starbox too! Their november lookbook seemed really interesting, and then I read the spoiler for december about the 15 shadow palette and knew that I at least had to have nov/dec. I seriously need to stop subbing to things though.
I feel exactly the same way.

And yeah, blogging is super time consuming.  I thought it would be a fun time waster because, honestly, I'm kind of couch bound and have NOTHING to do, but I literally JUST started it the other day, posted two reviews (from my Sephora haul) and was going to review my sub boxes, but I need to buy a real camera.  My iPhone isn't cutting it.

I don't care though, here you go.  http://mid30saverage.blogspot.com/  It's really nothing special, but you'll get to see all the awesome (read: dorky) faces I make when trying on lipglosses :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Fun fact:  I put on a shirt like a normal human being to take the photos, but in every one, I am wearing pajama pants!  Haha.

I feel exactly the same way.

And yeah, blogging is super time consuming.  I thought it would be a fun time waster because, honestly, I'm kind of couch bound and have NOTHING to do, but I literally JUST started it the other day, posted two reviews (from my Sephora haul) and was going to review my sub boxes, but I need to buy a real camera.  My iPhone isn't cutting it.

I don't care though, here you go.  http://mid30saverage.blogspot.com/  It's really nothing special, but you'll get to see all the awesome (read: dorky) faces I make when trying on lipglosses :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Fun fact:  I put on a shirt like a normal human being to take the photos, but in every one, I am wearing pajama pants!  Haha.
Oh goodness, I just read your intro post and you are hilarious! I would totally read your stuff! That shirt/pajama pants reminds me of... shoot what show... I want to say himym but that might be wrong... but whatever show or movie it is, a character goes to webcam interviews/meetings looking super professional waist up and then is in undies waist down! Shoot this is going to drive me nuts with which show it is.... 

Wish yo uthe best with your health and all. That seems really tough.

Back