Julep: Diamond Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
super excited to see that everyone is getting their shipping notifications! can't believe the weight of these bags  x_X. I have yet to recieve my shipping notification yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> still processing...weird since I ordered it like the day of. Hmmm..ah well my patience will pay off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenK76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  super excited to see that everyone is getting their shipping notifications! can't believe the weight of these bags  x_X. I have yet to recieve my shipping notification yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> still processing...weird since I ordered it like the day of. Hmmm..ah well my patience will pay off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just so you know, I got my first Julep box and, when I look at my account history, that box still says it's "processing".  Not sure why it's so weird...

On another note, I'm getting a bit nervous here, but maybe I shouldn't be.  I got the shipping notification on the 12th and it has looked like this since then.  It just doesn't seem to have moved in four days.  I checked the shipping on my last box and it seemed to stay at the "processed" stage for two days,  but this feels excessive.  Anyone with a bit more Julep experience that wants to give some more insight?

1. Nov 11, 2013
  2. 11:19PM

Auburn, WA, US
    Processed
  3. 5:14PM

Auburn, WA, US
    Arrival DHL Global Mail Facility
  4. 4:30PM

Seattle, WA, US
    Picked up by Shipping Partner

Just so you know, I got my first Julep box and, when I look at my account history, that box still says it's "processing".  Not sure why it's so weird... On another note, I'm getting a bit nervous here, but maybe I shouldn't be.  I got the shipping notification on the 12th and it has looked like this since then.  It just doesn't seem to have moved in four days.  I checked the shipping on my last box and it seemed to stay at the "processed" stage for two days,  but this feels excessive.  Anyone with a bit more Julep experience that wants to give some more insight?
  1. Nov 11, 2013
  2. 11:19 PM

Auburn, WA, US
    Processed
  3. 5:14 PM

Auburn, WA, US
  4. 4:30 PM

Seattle, WA, US

Yep, that's DHL for you! Basically they strap it on the back of a snail. My last 2 julep orders took about a week and a half to arrive.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just so you know, I got my first Julep box and, when I look at my account history, that box still says it's "processing".  Not sure why it's so weird...

On another note, I'm getting a bit nervous here, but maybe I shouldn't be.  I got the shipping notification on the 12th and it has looked like this since then.  It just doesn't seem to have moved in four days.  I checked the shipping on my last box and it seemed to stay at the "processed" stage for two days,  but this feels excessive.  Anyone with a bit more Julep experience that wants to give some more insight?

1. Nov 11, 2013
  2. 11:19PM

Auburn, WA, US
    Processed
  3. 5:14PM

Auburn, WA, US
  4. 4:30PM

Seattle, WA, US

Don't worry.  All my orders say "processing", even orders I have gotten months ago.  They never update.

And I got my shipping email on the 12th also and my tracking looks exactly like yours.  Our boxes are either vacationing in Auburn, WA or just haven't updated to the next location yet.  Let's hope they are on the road & not sitting in WA.  I hope we get our Mystery boxes soon!

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  there are spoilers over in the Julep November Thread!   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
must...stop...myself...from..reading..the..spoilers...
doh.gif

i'll just say, i'm not generally a fan of juleps mystery boxes....but i ordered this one, with the mystery add on!  hint: it contains adele ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenK76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  must...stop...myself...from..reading..the..spoilers...
doh.gif

I actually tried to figure out the spoilers, but got all confused as to what were add ons and what was the base box and, even if I figured that out, I can't figure out what versions 1, 2, and 3 are, nor do I understand which version I have, so I just gave up and figured I'd wait to get it.

That said, I'm getting really annoyed with Julep's shipping.  I get that, technically, their polishes are "worth" $14 each (I think we can all agree that, even though they're beautiful polishes, they're not $14 polishes).  China Glaze and Zoya are both nicer, larger in size, and priced more competitively than the Julep.  The regular box each month is $20 and contains three polishes and one add on.  As a comparison, I get Glossybox which generally has a decent dollar value and costs $1 more shipped and I get it in days through UPS.  Meanwhile, Julep has been a 7-10 day shipping time and, for whatever reason, sends it all via DHL AND (not or) USPS.  My box took five days to get to Maryland, where it is "prepared to be transferred to the USPS".  This means that it won't even get to the USPS until Monday.  Based on the tracking from my last regular box, which I can still access, it will take four days to somehow get to northern Virginia from Maryland, so I can't even expect it until mid next week.

I hate to sound like a complainer, but come on here.  Julep ships enough stuff every month to be able to form a lucrative shipping partnership with UPS, Fedex, or even the USPS.  Yet, they continue to use DHL whose website seriously looks like a clown vomited on my internet.  Really, the site looks ridiculously outdated and annoying, not to mention that they don't even regularly scan their packages so they go from "processing" to arriving in the city where, days later, it will be transferred to the post office to finish their job for them.  There is no way that Julep can't afford better shipping options at their pricing.  It is literally the box that takes the longest to get to me from the time its shipped.

Right now, Zoya is running an Ipsy special:  http://www.zoya.com/content/38/category/ZOYA_IPSY.html "SPECIAL IPSY OFFER *
Buy any two (2) Zoya Polishes Get one (1) Free (no limit – includes Zoya PixieDust). Special Offer also includes $5 discounted shipping bonus (reg. $6.95 or Free with purchase over $55) and one (1) Free Zoya Remove, 1 oz bottle. To apply code above  - enter it into coupon code box in your shopping cart."

Even without that special, it seems like I'd be better off placing a $55 Zoya order every three months (for the free shipping).  I'd have the polishes super quickly, they'd be larger, and the selection is gorgeous.

I am sorry if I'm out of line in a Julep thread and I really do love Julep and think they make some gorgeous polishes, their shipping has just become a massive disappointment.  I  guess I'm just completely stumped as to why they use this shipping method.  I can't possibly be the only person who gets a shipping notice and doesn't receive their order for 10+ days that doesn't think that's all right...

EDIT:  In the event that I seem like I have unreasonable expectations, I'd like to touch on the fact that I bought a new custom Toshiba laptop in January.  It shipped from CHINA after it was done being built and it took six days.  SIX DAYS from China to the US, through customs and to my door.

Mystery Box Spoilers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Version 1: 

Kristy, Marion, Reece, Coco, Helen, Geo, Antonia, Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting, Scrub Mitt, Double Step, Eyelash Curler, Rock Candy

Version 2:

Karmen, Eva, Candace, Lucy, Karen, Geo, Antonia, Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting, Scrub Mitt, Doublet Step, Eyelash Curler, Rock Candy

Version 3: 

Kristy, Candace, Gemma, Claudette, Marion, Geo, Antonia, Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting, Scrub Mitt, Double Step, Eyelash Curler, Rock Candy

Mystery Add-on:

Lois, Adele & Moisture Mask Trio

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mystery Box Spoilers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Version 1:

Kristy, Marion, Reece, Coco, Helen, Geo, Antonia, Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting, Scrub Mitt, Double Step, Eyelash Curler, Rock Candy

Version 2:

Karmen, Eva, Candace, Lucy, Karen, Geo, Antonia, Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting, Scrub Mitt, Doublet Step, Eyelash Curler, Rock Candy

Version 3:

Kristy, Candace, Gemma, Claudette, Marion, Geo, Antonia, Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting, Scrub Mitt, Double Step, Eyelash Curler, Rock Candy

Mystery Add-on:

Lois, Adele & Moisture Mask Trio
Thanks for posting!

I just ordered my mystery box! I'm so excited I got my first free box along with it. I've never tried any Julep polishes but I thought this was a great time to do it! Especially since I paid only $25 for both boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dying for my box to get here!

I'm pretty excited for this one. I wanted another Doublestep for a coworker for Xmas (she is a runner), and would use the others for myself. The polish combos might net me 1-2 dupes but they're either ones I love or can be gifted. Super happy so far! o/

Quote: Originally Posted by taylorm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just ordered my mystery box! I'm so excited I got my first free box along with it. I've never tried any Julep polishes but I thought this was a great time to do it! Especially since I paid only $25 for both boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Welcome!

Getting antsy.  Hoping my box gets here soon.  Eeek.  I'm really hoping for Box 1 because, even though I only own three Julep polishes, I'm kind of sad that Boxes 2 and 3 both contain one of the colors I already own :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I know I can likely swap irk, bur it would be nice not to have to.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my mystery box today.  Version 2 and only a few items will go to the trade list. 

Version 3 came today.  I actually gave away my old Candace in anticipation of getting a new one, so I'm not so upset by seeing it again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Diamond Mystery boxes appear to be available again, just a heads-up for anyone who missed out originally!
whistling.gif

Back