Julep Maven: July 2012 discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg i absolutely love the poppy lippie. My gf's have been asking me what kind of nail polish I've been wearing and I don't want to tell em!!!!!! hahahha I wanna be special lol

Originally Posted by jac a /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes! it is absolutely gorgeous. i ordered another box for the polish and the poppy vernis! probably my favorite of all the july colors!

If there are any Julep spies watching the thread, this box was AWESOME
yay.gif

The July colors are so amazing and I really wanted to get another box than the one I already got (Bombshell) but I got another Bombshell box purely for O Canada this time around and the Zinnia gloss! OBSESSED with the Zinnia gloss. I wear it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I love the smell of vanilla and it smells like vanilla birthday cake to me, is not sticky at all, and the color is purrfect! I normally loathe lip gloss but this one has won my heart. I was going to keep Chelsea and Kate as back ups, initially (gorgeous colors), but posted about trading and I found an amazing trade partner on here! 
smile.gif

omg i absolutely love the poppy lippie. My gf's have been asking me what kind of nail polish I've been wearing and I don't want to tell em!!!!!! hahahha I wanna be special lol
haha, share the love ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, I just signed up!! I am getting two gorgeous colors and the best pedi ever cream. Damn you MUT for enabling my nail polish obsession!!!!

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I just signed up!! I am getting two gorgeous colors and the best pedi ever cream. Damn you MUT for enabling my nail polish obsession!!!!
Which one are you getting? Like Bombshell, Boho, etc..

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Robin and Rose

They both look like colors I'd totally wear, so yay! (oh man, I should NOT be spending money on this.. but I really love nail polish!)

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Robin and Rose are in the Classic with a Twist intro box

Robin and Rose They both look like colors I'd totally wear, so yay! (oh man, I should NOT be spending money on this.. but I really love nail polish!)
its a beautiful addiction!

Yay I just checked my mailbox and got my intro box in =] Now if only my other subs would come in!

I have just joined because I loved the 4 th of July color so much! I ordered that box just so that i could join in the nail color fun. I look forward to receiving it!

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Robin and Rose are in the Classic with a Twist intro box
Yeah, that's what the website said. Sounds good to me!! Anyone know how long it takes to ship?

Originally Posted by jac a /img/forum/go_quote.gif

its a beautiful addiction!
Isn't it?? I have more colors than I can count. It's just an easy way to make myself happy!

I'm fairly new to Julep (june and july) but already have over 10 polishes.. very addictive. But my question to those that have been around a while is, does Julep discontinue polishes pretty quickly?  I've seen some colors on blogs and swatches but then when I go to search on Julep's site nothing turns up.

Do you think it's just out of stock or they delete them soon after? Just wondering if I should buy a polish now that could be gone in a couple of months.

I have just joined because I loved the 4 th of July color so much! I ordered that box just so that i could join in the nail color fun. I look forward to receiving it!
This is exactly why I joined, too!

Ok ladies, I'm extremely peeved right now and I'm not sure if I'm being fair about this, so I'd like so other opinions.

I'm usually a Boho Glam, but for the July box I switched to It Girl.  I really loved Georgia though (which at the time was represented to us as Mischa) so I added 2 (Mischa) on to my box (1 for me, 1 I had agreed to get to trade with another person here on MUT).  I got my Maven box in a timely manner, but never got a shipping notice or anything for my add-ons, so I emailed Julep to find out what the deal was.  I was told that for some reason my add-on order was never fulfilled and that it would be taken care of right away.  I then found out that everyone who had ordered either Mischa or Georgia as an add-on got both, because of the mix up.  So I expected that I would get a total of 4 polishes (2 Mischa, 2 Georgia).  My add-on box showed up in the mail today, and there was 1 polish in it.  Not 4.  Not even 2, which was what my add-on order should have been.  And it was (the actual) Mischa, not Georgia.  I called CS and told them what happened, and they're shipping me 2 (actual) Georgia's, for no extra costs.  I asked if I would be getting both Georgia and Mischa because of the mix up and was told I wouldn't since they did that with the add-ons at the time since they weren't sure which one had actually been ordered, but they are sure of which one I want.

Am I just being greedy for thinking that they should send me both colors to be fair since they did so for others who ordered add-ons?  And is it wrong for me to think that they should've given me some sort of a discount for all the mess ups?

Originally Posted by FireNRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I just being greedy for thinking that they should send me both colors to be fair since they did so for others who ordered add-ons?  And is it wrong for me to think that they should've given me some sort of a discount for all the mess ups?
Hi F&R,

It always sucks to get in on something AFTER a screw-up has been corrected, but their point is fair enough. It's also kind of adds insult to injury that somehow your add-on order got screwed up (twice!); it's my experience that Julep's website and customer service are reliable enough that this doesn't happen very often (compared to, for example, Beautyfix, king of order and billing screwups), but of course nothing is foolproof. However, at the end of the day, you got 3 polishes for the price of 1 when you were hoping for 4 polishes for the price of 2, so despite your inconvenience, you did come out pretty well ahead, no? Just trying to give you a silver lining for your cloud! 
cloud9.gif

Originally Posted by bluepearl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi F&R,

It always sucks to get in on something AFTER a screw-up has been corrected, but their point is fair enough. It's also kind of adds insult to injury that somehow your add-on order got screwed up (twice!); it's my experience that Julep's website and customer service are reliable enough that this doesn't happen very often (compared to, for example, Beautyfix, king of order and billing screwups), but of course nothing is foolproof. However, at the end of the day, you got 3 polishes for the price of 1 when you were hoping for 4 polishes for the price of 2, so despite your inconvenience, you did come out pretty well ahead, no? Just trying to give you a silver lining for your cloud! 
cloud9.gif
I think I was so irritated because I had ordered the 2 add-ons along with my maven box, before they discovered their mix up, and charged me for 2 add-ons but only sent the 1 I received today.  You are right though, I am coming out ahead with an extra polish so I shouldn't complain.  I just wish they would've handled the situation a little better is all.  I do appreciate your reply though, so thank you.

Originally Posted by CaptainSassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm fairly new to Julep (june and july) but already have over 10 polishes.. very addictive. But my question to those that have been around a while is, does Julep discontinue polishes pretty quickly?  I've seen some colors on blogs and swatches but then when I go to search on Julep's site nothing turns up.

Do you think it's just out of stock or they delete them soon after? Just wondering if I should buy a polish now that could be gone in a couple of months.
They do "discontinue" colors, but they tend to bring them back with different names. Last years Miranda is this years Daphne.

Sometimes they re-release the ones under the same name, such as this months Sienna, Alpfre and the other ones from last year. They usually take at least a month or so to discontinue some of the colors, from what I've seen.

If the colors aren't on their website anymore, they're discontinued and not available for purchase which is why they removed all the info about them.

I just joined Julep after cancelling my lack-luster Glossy Box and was curious as to everyone's over all opinion of the service. Is it worth the $19.99 per month? After shelling out $21 for a terrible Glossy Box, I'm a little apprehensive!

Back