Julep Maven: July 2012 discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They included a card  in my box that makes me think that they did this for everyone who ordered one or the other (bolding theirs):
I see.  Thanks!  Hopefully I'll get my shipping notice soon then!

How is Julep's CS for messed up products? I opened up my lip gloss, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why a bunch of gloss was oozing around the bottom. Turns out there's a crack in it, and every time I push the wand back down to close it, gloss gets pushed through that crack, making a mess. I guess it's not a huge, huge deal, but I would like one that isn't going to make a mess in my train case!

Which one is the coral color again? I did another America (for one of the gals who doesn't sub to Julep) and Canada as my add ons. Think I'll layer some Canada over Michelle, which I used for part of my holiday mani.

Am I the only one whose box is still in freaking Washington? Usually it takes 2 days from my shipment notification to receive my box, but this time ... not so much. I received the email 8 days ago (6/27), and it took two days for the "electronic shipping info" to be received. It finally updated on 7/3 that it was still in WA, and as of yesterday it has just departed. WTF Julep. I am disappoint. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You might be gettings a "golden box" if it's taking this long to arrive.

Oooo...I've yet to see anyone on here post that they received one!! Haven't checked FB to see, either! This would have been an awesome month to get a golden box.

Originally Posted by kelliq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one whose box is still in freaking Washington? Usually it takes 2 days from my shipment notification to receive my box, but this time ... not so much. I received the email 8 days ago (6/27), and it took two days for the "electronic shipping info" to be received. It finally updated on 7/3 that it was still in WA, and as of yesterday it has just departed. WTF Julep. I am disappoint. 
 I haven't received mine yet either. With the same shipping info as you too. I'm in FL and my boxes from Julep usually arrive quicker then any of my other subscription boxes. I emailed Julep yesterday, not to complain, but just to let them know that my box was no where to be found and had not moved. I'm hoping that we may be getting a golden box, since that would make up for me not having my America polish by the 4th of July.

I just got mine today and I live an hour's ferry ride from where they ship from IN WASHINGTON. You're not the only one who was disappointed. I wanted to wear my new polish yesterday, but go figure. It's funny, too because last month when they sent me the shipping invoice for my intro box and the mystery boxes, they came one day later. 

Did anyone else receive a wonky brush in their Daphne polish?  Mine has hairs sticking out at weird angles...I sent them an email and am waiting for a response.  The color isn't nearly as bright as I thought it would be, more like a teal/gray, I still like it though.  I feel like the polish is thinner then most of Julep's creme polishes as well. 

Both my regular July shipment and my add-ons were just leaving Kent, WA on the 4th. I too am sad I didn't have my patriotic manicure yesterday, but I'm psyched that since I ordered one of the mislabeled polishes I'll get 3 add-ons. PLUS, my tracking number is the mysterious "9434" and was shipped Parcel Services, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Both my regular July shipment and my add-ons were just leaving Kent, WA on the 4th. I too am sad I didn't have my patriotic manicure yesterday, but I'm psyched that since I ordered one of the mislabeled polishes I'll get 3 add-ons. PLUS, my tracking number is the mysterious "9434" and was shipped Parcel Services, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!
I'd be surprised if you DIDN'T have a golden box. Those are all the signs ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> CONGRATS!

Okay, I am officially stepping down from the glitter train. Even using the foil trick it took way too much time and effort to pry those stupid spangles off my nails. I have pretty weak nails anyway, maybe if they were thick and strong it wouldn't freak me out so much.

Did anyone else receive a wonky brush in their Daphne polish?  Mine has hairs sticking out at weird angles...I sent them an email and am waiting for a response.  The color isn't nearly as bright as I thought it would be, more like a teal/gray, I still like it though.  I feel like the polish is thinner then most of Julep's creme polishes as well. 
My brush was a little crazy, too. I just trimmed the wild bristles with nail scissors and called it a day. I'm thinking about putting Kate up for a trade, too. Even with the shimmer, it's waaaay too bright against my skin. I look crazy with it.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How is Julep's CS for messed up products? I opened up my lip gloss, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why a bunch of gloss was oozing around the bottom. Turns out there's a crack in it, and every time I push the wand back down to close it, gloss gets pushed through that crack, making a mess. I guess it's not a huge, huge deal, but I would like one that isn't going to make a mess in my train case!
They're not super-speedy with their initial email reply, but they WILL fix problems to your satisfaction. 

Originally Posted by bluepearl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be surprised if you DIDN'T have a golden box. Those are all the signs
wink.gif
CONGRATS!
Okay, so I'm out of state right now with my ailing father, but when my hubby called tonight and said that I had received a package in the mail, the very first thing out of my mouth was, of course, "Is it gold???" and he said... "Why yes, as a matter of fact it is."

!!!!!

I GOT A GOLD BOX!!!

WOOO HOOO!! OH HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!

yess.gif

Okay, so I'm out of state right now with my ailing father, but when my hubby called tonight and said that I had received a package in the mail, the very first thing out of my mouth was, of course, "Is it gold???" and he said... "Why yes, as a matter of fact it is." !!!!! I GOT A GOLD BOX!!! WOOO HOOO!! OH HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! :yesss:
yay! congrats!

Okay, so I'm out of state right now with my ailing father, but when my hubby called tonight and said that I had received a package in the mail, the very first thing out of my mouth was, of course, "Is it gold???" and he said... "Why yes, as a matter of fact it is."

!!!!!

I GOT A GOLD BOX!!!

yess.gif
How cool is that?!!! I would love to see a pic of the box when you get home. I haven't got the box yet but they sent me the add on that I picked. Has this happened to anyone else before?

!!!!!

I GOT A GOLD BOX!!!

yess.gif
Woot Woot! Congrats!!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back