Julep Maven: July 2012 discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww! Love my box, with the themed paper bits and Fireballs! No golden box, but I'm still hoping for next month! Beautiful colors!

Oh!  I somehow missed that Kate was a pearl!  I thought, "Meh, another cream white.  Not too thrilling, but I'll use it."  Instead, there's a shimmer!  I don't have anything like this.  *So* pretty.

Wow. I'm not a huge gloss fan but I LOOOOOOVE my Zinnia gloss. It's a purrfect color for my skin tone. I'm already wearing Chelsea. SO FREAKING PRETTY. Loving this month.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. I'm not a huge gloss fan but I LOOOOOOVE my Zinnia gloss. It's a purrfect color for my skin tone. I'm already wearing Chelsea. SO FREAKING PRETTY. Loving this month.
I love the gloss too, its not sticky and has a nice taste and smell. Plus the color is lovely.

Originally Posted by RucheChic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the gloss too, its not sticky and has a nice taste and smell. Plus the color is lovely.
Yes!!! Not sticky at all and I'm *loving* the smell. I'm almost sad I can't order more at add on prices. lol.

Loved my box too and the Atomic Bombs! The glitter polish was easy to apply. Just dabbed it on. Wasn't able to pull out the stars tho. Love the lip gloss too. Smells like vanilla. I put pics in my gallery.

Love this box! Got mine today. I just ate all of my atomic fireballs (not sure why I did it all at once, it feels like I ate the sun), and I'm getting ready to paint my nails with America the Beautiful. I'm hoping I can at least get a few of the stars out...

I wound up ordering a second AtB box due to a mishap at work that led to my supervisor saying, "Um, Marie...why do your hands look like an episode of DEXTER?"

Just opened by box, I chose IT girl this month. I am SO SO happy with it!!

America is BEAUTIFUL. One coat was enough to cover my nail completely, and it dried extremely fast- in about a minute. This is my favorite polish from Julep so far, and normally I wouldn't buy them at full price but for this one I would. For the stars, I ended up just poking around in the bottle with one of my extra dotting tools, it worked well enough. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was a bit disappointed at first when I saw Daphne in person. It looks darker than in the swatches I saw; in the bottle it looks a lot like Zoya Bevin, which I JUST spent my BB points on. I tried it though and it's a lot greener and lighter than Bevin, so I like it!

I'm really happy with Julep, I had planned on skipping but now I'm glad I didn't. 

Hmm...i have never used a glitter polish before - looks like there's a learning curve, huh? I am not sure how I like it - I am torn between "sparkly!!!!" and "unicorn puked on my fingers". I think once I figure out how to get the distribution a little more even I will feel better about it.

Love my shipment. I did the french glitter tip that the enclosure card suggested (with Lynn and Yumi) and it looks much prettier in person than on the card. Super girly.  I loaded the glitter on just the tips of the nails and it looks great without being overpowering. This is also a good rescue when you start to chip at the tips. 

I also did America over January on my toes and it looks really festive (but yes, like America unicorn barf a little...) 

Yea I dont do glitter nail polish. I ended up with the pink, silver AND gold essie polishes in March from Birchbox and traded them all away. Just wait until you try to take it off!

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea I dont do glitter nail polish. I ended up with the pink, silver AND gold essie polishes in March from Birchbox and traded them all away. Just wait until you try to take it off!
I'm hoping it will stay on til the Fourth of July and my trip to Disneyland on the 9th/10th! lol

The little stars finally all came out for me! They're buried.

I'm thinking of ordering some Priti NYC soy nail polish remover wipes. The sample I tried was awesome.

I painted my nails today with the America polish, but mine is goopy and dry. Wah. I may have gotten a bad one. Ill have to contact Julep. But since its free I feel bad.

Love the theme this month! It's so pretty and really makes me feel like I spent my money well.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You just have to use the foil method and it will come off easy! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You just have to use the foil method and it will come off easy! 
The foil method?

I held up one hand this morning and noticed two more silver stars revealed themselves! LOL How did that happen!

I think it's supposed to be goopy. Just dabbed a little on at a time.

Originally Posted by Totem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The foil method?

I held up one hand this morning and noticed two more silver stars revealed themselves! LOL How did that happen!

I think it's supposed to be goopy. Just dabbed a little on at a time.
Just put a polish soaked cotton ball on your fingers, wrap it in foil, let it sit for a minute, then pull it off. It's so easy and works really well. There are a lot of youtube videos on it. 

WHO WON THE GOLDEN BOX?????? Because I sure didn't 
scream3.gif

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WHO WON THE GOLDEN BOX?????? Because I sure didn't 
scream3.gif
Lol, me either! I'm still waiting on my add ons! Cannot wait for 4th of July!

Latest posts

Back