Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the coupon codes only work for new subs? I just tried to order some colors and none of the codes are applying!

Surprising that they still have the Cinco De Mayo mystery box available (and NO, I didn't buy one), considering how quickly these usually sell out.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the coupon codes only work for new subs? I just tried to order some colors and none of the codes are applying!
Yes, they are for new subs only, if you mean the penny codes.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Surprising that they still have the Cinco De Mayo mystery box available (and NO, I didn't buy one), considering how quickly these usually sell out.
Well I specifically didn't order one because of the crap brush issue. I already have 3 polishes I can't use, no need to add more. I sent an email 4 days ago and still no response from them. I love the polishes I already own, but I don't like how things have been going this last month and I hope they get their ducks in a row or they will loose a lot of customers. 

Well I specifically didn't order one because of the crap brush issue. I already have 3 polishes I can't use, no need to add more. I sent an email 4 days ago and still no response from them. I love the polishes I already own, but I don't like how things have been going this last month and I hope they get their ducks in a row or they will loose a lot of customers. 
They've already addressed that they are going to replace the brushes for those that are defective. They are probably insanely busy due to this error. I understand being frustrated but mistakes happen to all companies and it's not like they're not acknowledging it is a problem. Make sure you email them directly at [email protected] and not via the contact page on their site.

Has anybody heard what they plan to do with the polish already sent out?  I know they are addressing the issue with the stuff that hasn't been mailed, but I was wondering what the plan was with what we already have in hand.  Seems like it would be much more practical to just send another brush then it would be to send a new bottle to everyone that was affected.  What a nightmare this must be for them, especially just now that they've gone into the deal with Sephora to sell polish in the stores.

I emailed them when I got my box 3 days ago, no response as of today. I will give them till tomorrow before I call.

i've been trying to call about the polish brushes since like thursday but every time i call i don't get an answer, so i think i'm going to email them tomorrow.

Just received my box this morning :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> yep, defective brushes (Kylie & Ashley). Not even gonna bother trying to use them. I emailed them immediately. I hope they don't just ignore it. I am kind of phobic of talking on the phone and really don't want to have to call them.

I would forward the e-mail you already wrote to them again. I've called and spoken with someone before about skipping a month (I skipped then got e-mail saying I would get anyway) and the woman told me that I have a credit so I couldn't skip a month, so I went into my account and un-skipped so I could change style and then when they charged me and I called back I got the run around and they wanted to know who I spoke with and kept saying that their staff was trained not to tell me what they did... Anyways I just think it's better to have things in writing with this company!

Originally Posted by LUViNGMAMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received my box this morning
frown.gif
yep, defective brushes (Kylie & Ashley). Not even gonna bother trying to use them.
I emailed them immediately. I hope they don't just ignore it. I am kind of phobic of talking on the phone and really don't want to have to call them.

I definitely agree with getting everything in writing with this company.  If you skip a month or cancel, be sure to keep those confirmation emails.  I've had 2 instances where those have came in handy! 

I was wondering why my brush looked weird!!! I thought it was just how the magnetic polish brush was shaped ha.

I had the e-mails and it still took me 30 mins and to ask to speak with someone else in order to get the charge for my "free" month voided
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by bethm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I definitely agree with getting everything in writing with this company.  If you skip a month or cancel, be sure to keep those confirmation emails.  I've had 2 instances where those have came in handy! 

I still don't have an e-mail with the information to return my box.  I did get another e-mail from the CSR I had been e-mail with telling me they had to speak with me in person to cancel my account that a voicemail was not enough.  Since I already have a confirmation of cancellation that was sent after I did leave a voicemail I am going to assume this person does not know what they are talking about.

I might call again tomorrow to get more info but I don't have it in me today.

After this experience I will not be purchasing anything from them in the future.  It's a shame since I did love their products.

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still don't have an e-mail with the information to return my box.  I did get another e-mail from the CSR I had been e-mail with telling me they had to speak with me in person to cancel my account that a voicemail was not enough.  Since I already have a confirmation of cancellation that was sent after I did leave a voicemail I am going to assume this person does not know what they are talking about.

I might call again tomorrow to get more info but I don't have it in me today.

After this experience I will not be purchasing anything from them in the future.  It's a shame since I did love their products.
they seem to be pretty bad at CS.. I sent them off another email since they havent replied to the one I sent Thursday. I asked them to at least let me know they received my email and are aware of the issue... I shouldnt need to do that.. I think I will cancel after this month too. Their polishes are ok but not worth the hassle when you need something from CS

I got some Essie polishes I ordered online and I like those so much better so I think for me Julep is not worth the time/effort/money

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got some Essie polishes I ordered online and I like those so much better so I think for me Julep is not worth the time/effort/money
I agree.... haven't tried Essie however I think for what we're paying we deserve someone who wants to help us when we have issues... I really can't stay with a sub. if their CS is poor. Too much room for error and I don't want to have to argue with someone anytime something goes bad.

has anyone else ordered a mystery box and NOT gotten a shipping confirmation?

between this and not getting any response about my brushes i might swear off julep for a while.

Back