Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it's the undertone, not how dark it is. I'm as light as you can find, but I have cooler/bluish undertones, so Hayden looks good. ::shruggle::
It's actually growing on me. It's still mac and cheese, but I'm starting to like it.

I skipped a month twice and did it online both times ... the first time there was some sort of "glitch" and they still charged my credit card.  They actually caught this before I did and sent an email that they were sorry ... they cancelled the charge but still sent the box which was nice.  The second time I skipped, there was no issue. 

I keep the subscription and skip the months I don't like because Mavens get free shipping. That comes in handy if I want to buy the mystery boxes they occasionally have for sale. :)

Originally Posted by amandah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got a shipping confirmation for the brushes
smile.gif
me too, but I never got an email response back? So I don't know if they ever read my email or not lol. 

Originally Posted by amandah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got a shipping confirmation for the brushes
smile.gif
Me, too! Plan on skipping next 2 months to try out Glossybox..will see if it meets the hype 

I got mine today too! Yey I really like the polishes, very pretty and they last forever :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

EDIT: comment in response to Amandah's response

I subscribed to Julep in late March, but I am still confused on how you find out about the Mystery Boxes. 

I didn't hear about the Easter Box or the Cinco de Mayo box until it was too late!  My daughter desperately wants one... 

I got my Cinco de Mayo Mystery Box today. Majority of it will probably be up for trade... 
icon_rolleyes.gif

I got a bit more info here

I am not too impressed... 
eusa_snooty.gif

I just signed up 2 weeks ago when I saw the images posted for the May boxes. They sent me the intro box (which was not May), and I also see where I could have added the additional April box. But I was wondering when do they release the extra May boxes? That was the main reason I signed up.

So I signed up a few days ago and am getting my intro box. I'm confused cause it shows the penny charge and an invoice for 19.99 for may 27th. Does this mean I'm getting the May box? If so it doesn't show where I can change my selection. Do they usually email you?

My first box (intro) was in april and i was not allowed to purchase an april box until the may boxes were available. By that point i just wanted a may box. It doesnt look like there is a way to get 2 boxes your first month. 

Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I signed up a few days ago and am getting my intro box. I'm confused cause it shows the penny charge and an invoice for 19.99 for may 27th. Does this mean I'm getting the May box? If so it doesn't show where I can change my selection. Do they usually email you?
You'll be getting the June box, the selection email goes out on the 20th.

Has anyone received their replacements yet? I checked my shipping info this morning and it hasn't been updated whatsoever. It only says they received the info, not even that it has been received by the first post office in WA... either this is Julep's bad or USPS. Thinking of my record with the postal system I'm not shocked they are bankrupt lol... 

Originally Posted by berryblueyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received their replacements yet? I checked my shipping info this morning and it hasn't been updated whatsoever. It only says they received the info, not even that it has been received by the first post office in WA... either this is Julep's bad or USPS. Thinking of my record with the postal system I'm not shocked they are bankrupt lol... 
Same here,  I have yet to receive updated tracking or my box. Plus, I live in WA and it only takes a day or two to receive from Julep because they're so close to me.

Originally Posted by berryblueyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in south CA and my box arrived today (was sent a couple days ago).

It came with three replacement brushes already inside, along with the original brushes (which were screwed up). 

I think its just USPS.

Originally Posted by EllynoUta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in south CA and my box arrived today (was sent a couple days ago).

It came with three replacement brushes already inside, along with the original brushes (which were screwed up). 

I think its just USPS.
I must have the slowest mailperson ever then! LOL, my mail's usually here by noon!

Love the pedi stuff in my box BUT theres a nail polish with my name!! so maybe adding that this month! 
redface.gif

I love Julep's boxes. I get the American Beauty colors, and have liked them all, as well as the supplemental pedi-mani products.

I received a bottle last month which seemed to have some spillage in shipping. When I opened it to clean the bottle edge, it was broken. They apologized and sent me a replacement bottle of polish, no questions asked, within a week.

I totally think they are awesome, and being a Julep Maven has changed the time and attention my nails get.

My ONLY " complaint" is that their manicure salons are only in the Seattle area. Dang!!!

My replacement brushes that supposably shipped the 11th only barely just updated in WA. WTH
eusa_snooty.gif

Back