Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha i doubt it. Im getting my box for free because of the credit card issues. I at least see the invoice on my account now. 
I didn't get an email detailing shipping information and tracking number this month. I've been getting the Julep Maven box for free 5 months consecutively and they have always been on time. I'm not sure what happened this month. It would be awesome to get the gold box though!

I also see the invoice on my account and it's dated the 27th. Hopefully, Julep's not annoyed with the fact that I have yet to pay a dime and are subsequently withholding my tracking number. lol

Originally Posted by HelloPanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get an email detailing shipping information and tracking number this month. I've been getting the Julep Maven box for free 5 months consecutively and they have always been on time. I'm not sure what happened this month. It would be awesome to get the gold box though!

I also see the invoice on my account and it's dated the 27th. Hopefully, Julep's not annoyed with the fact that I have yet to pay a dime and are subsequently withholding my tracking number. lol
lol, I doubt it! They are probably more grateful for the people who give them 20/month because of you. 

Haha...I live in WA and so I get my box today!! My tracking went up on Friday and since they're based out of Seattle, that means it's a quick delivery..am sooo excited. I just did my nails and now I'll have to redo them with my new polishes...ooo!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha...I live in WA and so I get my box today!! My tracking went up on Friday and since they're based out of Seattle, that means it's a quick delivery..am sooo excited. I just did my nails and now I'll have to redo them with my new polishes...ooo!
I got mine today too! (I live in CA) I am so happy they didn;t let me skip, I am really liking the colors (so far)
applaus.gif

I am feeling a little guilty, since I just went on a binge and bought a ton of nail polish...I really do like the sub, though. I debated for a moment cancelling, but am going to keep and hopefully skip some months..lol. 

I am in TX and I got my add on today, the foot soak, but not the maven box. The foot soak is really dry, its just bath salts, I was expecting it to be moist since its a foot soak. But I will go ahead and try it and will let you all know what I think. It does smell nice and its a big container :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I received my Julep It Girl today along with the complimentary makeup bag and a sample of the Pedi Creme.  No golden box for me, but that's okay because I also received my Zoya Blogger Collection from Birchbox!  My husband saw the boxes and said "now what are you getting?" 
biggrin.gif
  I'm going to try to make myself skip Julep next month because I'm getting too much nail polish.  But then if they offer another mystery box it's going to kill me not to get it.  Ugh. 

So I got my Seche Vite in the mail and however much I love it,it shrinks all of my nail polishes!! I think it makes it look like the polishes have already chipped! 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got my Seche Vite in the mail and however much I love it,it shrinks all of my nail polishes!! I think it makes it look like the polishes have already chipped! 
I've heard if you wrap your nails it will help, but I've never even tried seche vite. 

Ill have to try that. It does seem to work better than the revlon quick dry that Ive been using. My nails are dry in seconds which I love since Im so clumsy. And my nails chip at a slower rate, but still just 2-4 days of wear. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've heard if you wrap your nails it will help, but I've never even tried seche vite. 
I tried it with Seche Vite, and it did work, although I'm not sure whether it was due to the wrapping or due to the fact that I used a nail polish that didn't have a tip shrink problem when I didn't wrap the tips.  

In related news, I did my nails last night while completely forgetting the fact that I was going to take a shower in ten minutes.  I just shrugged and decided it would be a good test of the SV.  It's my favorite top coat, but I was curious how well it would do under those conditions.  I washed my hair, face, and the rest of me, plus I used a scrub on my legs, and then I toweled off.  I wasn't particularly careful about my nails aside from trying not to break them since they were at the length where they like to break off at the quick (and I chopped them off tonight because they were starting to give me problems typing at work, so we get to start that whole process over again!)  Well, gang, to my utter astonishment, I ended up with only two dings, and they were the sorts of things that I have done in the past while sleeping.

And back to Julep:  I was iffy on these (I got It Girl, and I'm *not* a yellow or orange fan), but now that I have them, they look like they will be great during the summer.  They will be even better in October.  I'm seeing candy corn nails!

I received my It girl box yesterday and both Ashley and Kylie have horrible brushes. They're like frayed at the end and become wider and fan outward! It makes it impossible to apply the polish without getting on the entire cuticle. And they're not wide brushes in the good sense (like the new Wet n Wild ones). Ugh, I'm upset. Also, Nessa was all gloopy and streaky. They are unusable. I sent Julep an email because this is simply not acceptable IMO. This is my third month with them and this is not the quality I've come to expect.

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my It girl box yesterday and both Ashley and Kylie have horrible brushes. They're like frayed at the end and become wider and fan outward! It makes it impossible to apply the polish without getting on the entire cuticle. And they're not wide brushes in the good sense (like the new Wet n Wild ones). Ugh, I'm upset. Also, Nessa was all gloopy and streaky. They are unusable. I sent Julep an email because this is simply not acceptable IMO. This is my third month with them and this is not the quality I've come to expect.
gahhh, that bothers me, the penelope i got last month was down right awful. it looked amazing in swatches and i was so excited but it was so gloopy and streaky that i wanted to just top half way and take it off. maybe next time this happens, i'll complain, because for the price we're paying for these polishes, that is totally unacceptable.

Oh my gosh! Thank you for confirming this! I thought I was going crazy. I used Seche Vite the other day and an hour or so after I painted my nails I noticed that the tips were not painted (even though I had sealed the free edge). I was like thinking my Zoya polishes were faulty or something! Will not being using Seche Vite again. It was horrible with the "shrinking"

gahhh, that bothers me, the penelope i got last month was down right awful. it looked amazing in swatches and i was so excited but it was so gloopy and streaky that i wanted to just top half way and take it off. maybe next time this happens, i'll complain, because for the price we're paying for these polishes, that is totally unacceptable.
They emailed me back and said they are working on this problem and that they will send me replacements. However, they were unclear if they are replacing just the brushes or the polish as a whole.

Ill be getting Nessa as an add on, so Ill let you know if mine has the same problem with formula. 

I already received my box, but not my add on. Yes, I did receive shipment notification and tracking for both. Maybe check your spam box. Or check your profile on Julep maven.

Back