Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks I know Ill need strengthening too since my nails already aren't happy with my increase nail painting lately! I read all the ingredients on every food product I buy, but never imagined to look at the nail polish remover! gah.
Yeah it's crazy! I only know because the target brand one says it on the front, and I worked there lol. I find my cuticles and nails have just adjusted to the abuse, so you'll eventually be fine, lmao.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Seche-Vite-gets-too-thick-to-use thing a pretty standard thing.  Pretty much everyone who recommended it to me tossed in that caveat.  I can usually get through about half a bottle before I need to thin it, although I tend to get annoyed at how little topcoat I can get on the brush at that point and refill it shortly after I add some Restore.  I don't know how long it took for your bottle to dry up, but the whole point of this stuff is that it dries quickly and completely, and when the bottle is open, it's doing its job of drying out quickly, but it's not doing it on your nails.  The only thinner that will work for this stuff is Restore.  It replaces the chemicals that Seche Vite loses when it dries, and I don't think any other thinner does.  I go through top coat way too quickly to be able to say how long the Restore keeps the original consistency, but I do know it works for me until I hit that too-low point again and just refill it, even when I thin it a little too much.  
thanks for that - wish I had known about Restore before I bought a random polish thinner! 

current state of my old one. lol. I didn't know it had gone this bad.

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ugh btw. I just looked at the ingredients on my nail polish remover and realized it has gelatin!!! Sick! I had no idea that that would be in there. Now to find a new nail polish remover...

Probably have to live with pure acetone. 
I am liking Butter's acetone free remover.

What is up with Julep's site not letting me log on?! Going on three days now. 
blink.gif

I'm able to log on without any problems. Although I did receive an email of a refund of $49.96, so it looks like on top of the 20 emails they also charged my card a few too many times. I wish they would have contacted me personally to say I was affected by the problem, I had no idea my account was part of the issue until I saw the refund since it wasnt showing up on my card yet.

I think using Chrome was my issue because it finally let me sign on with Internet Explorer. That was so strange. 

I asked for a style change this month and an upgrade, but on my invoice it only shows the style change. Is this normal? 

The add ons are shipped separately, so they'll show up on your invoice as another order when the boxes ship.

I had to cancel both of my boxes. =(

I'm so so sad because I really really wanted this months boxes, but my cat is at the vet and I have to save up everything I can in order to pay for the vets visits and possible surgery.

If it's meant to be, they'll still have them available on the website later anyways, and it's ultimately just nail polish, but it still is a total bummer.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Is he/she going to be ok?

What a bummer but kitty is more important than polish. I hope your cat will be well soon.

Oh, CaliMel, that's so sad! I am sorry you are missing out on your nail polish and extra sorry your cat is having issues. I hope they are resolved speedily and without the need for surgery. The polishes will still be there later...

Thank you all! I ended up unsubbing from other things because it's a good chance to really cut back and re-evaluate. =]

Like you said, it's just nail polish.

My cat might need surgery, or we might have to put her to sleep. She has a diaphram hernia, but if the surgery is going to be too risky, since she's an older cat, it would be more humane to put her to sleep according to the vet, because he said most of the cats that go through the surgery end up dying anyways.

I had them do an ultrasound today just to see how things are, and if it's an "easy" surgery, we'll go ahead and try that, if it's not going to be easy and she'll suffer, we'll have to put her to sleep.

It really sucks and I've been crying all day because she's the sweetest nicest most even tempered sweetheart of a cat. I'll miss her so much and the boy cat that was raised with her is pacing all around the house looking for her which doesn't make it any easier.

Anyhow, I'm sorry to have stolen this thread and the other one with my cat stories! Thank you all for the sympathy though, it really does mean a lot.

I hope it's an easy surgery and goes well for her!! I can't imagine losing my cat, I am so attached, and I'm sure you are too! 

Poor dear :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I know its so difficult even thinking about putting an animal to sleep, but they will tell you when its time. And you don't want her to be in pain. I hope the doctor says it'll be a lower risk surgery! Take care! 

I got a response from Julep about my whole credit card ordeal. They told me since I am having issues getting the credit back I'll be getting May for free :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not going to hijack anymore, promise! But we had to put her to sleep. They did an ultrasound and it wasn't a hernia like originally thought, it was cancer. She had tumors in her lungs, the heart was encased in cancerous tissue and it was spreading into her abdomen. They said she's had it for the past year, which lines up with when her health started a slow slow but steady decline.

It was so hard but it was the right decision. She was a good kitty and my heart hurts from it still, but at least she isn't suffering anymore.

I'll order later on in the month I think. In the meantime it'll be fun to see everyones swatches. =]

I am so sorry to hear that but how lucky she was to be so loved and by someone who cared enough to keep her from suffering. Cancer is such a cruel disease :-(

I'm glad she's not in pain anymore and I'm glad she had you for an owner, as I'm sure you gave her a great life. I really, really, hate cancer.

This poem gave me some comfort though it still makes me bawl. I'm so sorry for what your going through :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Last Battle
If it should be that I grow frail and weak,​
And pain should keep me from my sleep,​
Then will you do what must be done,​
For this, the last battle, can't be won.​
 ​
You will be sad I understand,​
But don't let grief then stay your hand,​
For on this day, more than the rest,​
Your love and friendship must stand the test.​
 ​
We have had so many happy years,​
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.​
When the time comes, please, let me go.​
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,​
Only, stay with me till the end​
 ​
And hold me firm and speak to me,​
Until my eyes no longer see.​
I know in time you will agree,​
It is a kindness you do to me.​
Although my tail its last has waved,​
From pain and suffering I have been saved.​
 ​
Don't grieve that it must be you,​
Who has to decide this thing to do;​
We've been so close,we two, these years,​
Don't let your heart hold any tears.​
 ​
Author Unknown​

I've never heard this poem before, it's very nice.  It killed me to read it.....kinda like reading The Rainbow Bridge.....I can't get through that one without crying my eyes out. 

CaliMel, I'm so sad for you and your sweet kitty.  I'm sure she knew that she had a good mommy and that she was loved so very much! 

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This poem gave me some comfort though it still makes me bawl. I'm so sorry for what your going through :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Last Battle
If it should be that I grow frail and weak,​
And pain should keep me from my sleep,​
Then will you do what must be done,​
For this, the last battle, can't be won.​
 ​
You will be sad I understand,​
But don't let grief then stay your hand,​
For on this day, more than the rest,​
Your love and friendship must stand the test.​
 ​
We have had so many happy years,​