Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a pending charge on my account for this one, and its 29.98 so it looks like they got my upgrade request right :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So excited for this one. I paid 29.98 for 95.00 worth of stuff
smile.gif

Im at the point of the month where Im too scared to look at my bank account. But I hope that I finally get the credit back to my account and only have a charge for my extra. Im really impressed that julep offered the month free to me!

I had to fight tooth and nail just to get them to void the transaction they wrongfully charged me!!

I had a free month but tried skipping anyways (didn't like any of the boxes). Got an e-mail saying they got the request then i got a second e-mail from them saying not to worry that I have a free month anyways and will not be billed until May 27th.  

I called them (after hours on the 20th) and left a message, never received a call back so I called again on the 24th and spoke with a gal who said that they were going to ship the box whether I liked the colors or not because of that credit. I asked if I could skip the month and save my credit for a month that had a box I actually wanted but she said that wasn't the way it worked. Well fine then. I logged in and changed my style from Classic with a twist to It Girl.

This morning I noticed that they charged my account so I called them and explained (to Mary) what had happened. She was beyond rude to me. First words out of her mouth was "who did you speak with?" (like I had to prove to her that I was infact told what I was told?) and then when I said I didn't know, that it was a week ago she started to tell me how her staff were trained to explain that a box may be free if the referrals have been signed up for 30 days but that you may still be charged if not. 

I asked her if they could please just void the charge and not send the box. She said that the boxes were pre-packed and that they weren't about to go through a ton of boxes to pull mine out. She said if I want to return it, I can and that they would then refund my account.  I told her there's no way I was going to pay for a box that I never wanted, tried several times to cancel and was told I couldn't and ontop of that this was a completely unexpected charge (mind you I got not one, but two e-mails stating my next invoice date would be 5/27) which is conflicting with other bills I have out. She then felt that it would be appropriate to remind me that although I "skipped a month" on the 20th, I un-skipped it on the 24th. Finally, I asked to speak with someone else and told her that I did not feel she was trying to help me out or work out a resolution. She put me on w/Erica who voided my transaction, and removed the credit from my account for the free month (so that we're even) with no problems. Clearly, Mary just wanted to be a c***. So close to cancelling my membership, and it's sad because I really like the product and the delivery. It's just a major turn off to have such an aweful customer service rep the first time you have an issue. Sorry for the long drawn out rant!

Yikes! What a nightmare. If push came to shove and had they continued to refuse to cancel the order and refund your money - since you were suppose to get a free month to begin with - then you were within your legal rights to contact the WA State Attorney General's office to file a complaint. The WA ATG does take complaints seriously.

Hi all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm new. Thought I'd join and gush about Julep! Haha. I'm on my second month, I decided to go with American Beauty. I dont own a magnetic polish yet, and the "holographic" in Essie really sealed the deal for me. Added on Ashley and the foot scrub as add ons. Ouch, my wallet! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Have a question though! I saw someone (or two someone's?) mention having two accounts. How do you manage that? I guess I've never seen anywhere on the the site that says specifically that you CAN'T... Idk, I'd love to be able to do that too lol. Do I need a diff credit card? Or shipping address???

My box came today. I haven't opened it yet since I have a cold and the last thing I want to do is work on any blog entries or anytthing like that. I was surprised to get it today, I thought the earliest would be Monday.

Originally Posted by LUViNGMAMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi all
smile.gif
I'm new. Thought I'd join and gush about Julep! Haha.

I'm on my second month, I decided to go with American Beauty. I dont own a magnetic polish yet, and the "holographic" in Essie really sealed the deal for me. Added on Ashley and the foot scrub as add ons. Ouch, my wallet!
wink.gif

Have a question though! I saw someone (or two someone's?) mention having two accounts. How do you manage that? I guess I've never seen anywhere on the the site that says specifically that you CAN'T... Idk, I'd love to be able to do that too lol. Do I need a diff credit card? Or shipping address???
Not sure about Julep but for Birchbox all you need is to have a different email address. I have both of my accounts charge the same card, and they also have the same shipping address. I guess try it and see :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by LUViNGMAMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all
smile.gif
I'm new. Thought I'd join and gush about Julep! Haha.

I'm on my second month, I decided to go with American Beauty. I dont own a magnetic polish yet, and the "holographic" in Essie really sealed the deal for me. Added on Ashley and the foot scrub as add ons. Ouch, my wallet!
wink.gif

Have a question though! I saw someone (or two someone's?) mention having two accounts. How do you manage that? I guess I've never seen anywhere on the the site that says specifically that you CAN'T... Idk, I'd love to be able to do that too lol. Do I need a diff credit card? Or shipping address???

Not sure about Julep but for Birchbox all you need is to have a different email address. I have both of my accounts charge the same card, and they also have the same shipping address. I guess try it and see :) 
Haha well, I did it. I guess I'll see if something happens. But I signed up for it under my husbands name, and email and have it sent to my parents house. I figure if anything, it just looks like I'm borrowing the use of my credit card to my sister or something. LOL. I feel like I'm doing something bad. Hah.

I so feel for you. I almost put my elderly girl to sleep 2 months ago because her back legs gave out. She has horrible arthritis & stenosis that just worsened quickly. But thank the good Lord she's doing better but I know her time is limited. The vet had seen a mass in her tummy area about 6 months ago that she thinks is likely malignant. I made the decision, which she supported, that I would not torture an old girl with painful surgery & treatment. So we just make sure she's moving, eating & still meowing vociferously for her mom & dad to pet her. But for the grace of God there go I. I was emotionally there because I cancelled the appointment that day to euthanize as she was finally able to poop. You were a good mom & didn't let her suffer. I would also recommend saving another life. Years ago, my same girl was very sick & almost died. I had recently gotten another kitty and she just made that horrible time more bearable so the house wasn't so empty when my baby was in the vet hospital. Good friends did the same thing recently and helped ease grief over their old boy's loss. And that poem is just so beautiful and heartbreaking. Remember the good life she had and you did that. I have to steel myself as well for the inevitable. They're our best friends so it hurts.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and the poem! I really appreciate it.

Right now we can't adopt a kitty because we have the boy kitty that grew up with the girl I had to put to sleep, and he's extremely territorial and jealous. She's the only other cat he would tolerate.

All others he tries to fight.

So we'll just play it by ear for awhile. My family has never had to buy a cat, they always show up soon after one passes. That's how I've gotten every cat we've had. the first one I found in my neighbors yard under an armchair as a kitten. =]

As for getting two julep boxes, I've been a member since they first first started, so I was originally able to sign up for more than one. I don't know how the website handles that now. But they have no problem with people having multiple boxes. I've emailed customer service because they accidentally changed one box to what I wanted the second box switched to, so they're fully aware of my having two boxes on the same account and don't mind at all.

You just add another subscription to your account, I'm sure you can call over the phone and ask for a second box to be added! =]

did you guys get a tracking number for may? I havent received any info on my box being shipped.

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

did you guys get a tracking number for may? I havent received any info on my box being shipped.
Yup, I got mine on friday.

As for getting two julep boxes, I've been a member since they first first started, so I was originally able to sign up for more than one. I don't know how the website handles that now. But they have no problem with people having multiple boxes. I've emailed customer service because they accidentally changed one box to what I wanted the second box switched to, so they're fully aware of my having two boxes on the same account and don't mind at all.

You just add another subscription to your account, I'm sure you can call over the phone and ask for a second box to be added! =]
If I hadn't signed up last night under my husbands name, I likely would have done that lol oh well. It just look like two accounts under 1 credit card. I doubt it'll be a problem. We'll see I guess!!

augh didn't see another page on this thread. I'm sure they can help you out if it turns out weird. They've always been extremely nice to me when I've had any problems at all.

I got mine on Friday and it also charged my account friday too. I should get my box on Tuesday barring any shipping issues.  

I received mine on Friday, too.  Maybe you're getting the golden box & that's why you haven't gotten your tracking yet! 
rolleyes.gif

haha i doubt it. Im getting my box for free because of the credit card issues. I at least see the invoice on my account now. 

I just looked at my email and I got a separate shipment for my add-on. Seems like they would want to ship subscribers only one box.. but whatever. 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just looked at my email and I got a separate shipment for my add-on. Seems like they would want to ship subscribers only one box.. but whatever. 
I think they mass pack the boxes, if that makes sense. 

Back