Julep May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Version 3

Sheryl, Glenn, Hilary, Lucy, Korin & Zora

Originally Posted by jkholzme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You guys are making it hard for me to resist the May box! All of the colors look gorgeous! Must... be... strong... 

Nice! How do you guys like the other colors? Did it come with any additional goodies??

*sigh* I caved & bought it. All it took was one look at mystery box #7 and I folded like laundry. I feel so cheap. 
rotfl.gif

Do they have different mystery boxes. I saw some shots on the Julep FB page and some ladies had like 6 polishes and others had way more.

Originally Posted by avonleabelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same box. Not that great of a box for me as half were dupes. The only good thing is that I wanted an extra Avery as a gift so now I don't have to buy one. Have to say I was shocked that there wasn't any product.
I was hoping for product since  I just joined this month. Kind of bummed . I do love the colors I have seen so far.

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You guys are making it hard for me to resist the May box! All of the colors look gorgeous! Must... be... strong... 
I know, the colors are very pretty!

Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do they have different mystery boxes. I saw some shots on the Julep FB page and some ladies had like 6 polishes and others had way more.
Yes, there are usually several variations.

Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They have different variations, yes. Most people end up with 6 polishes, some less but with other products instead. One box variant (#7) has 15 or 16 polishes, but the chances of receiving it are very slim.

Finally got my May box yesterday, huzzah! I ended up getting the full upgrade on this one. Love these colours too much not to. Paris was the one polish in this set that I wasn't really sold on, but the more I see it on people's fingers, the more it's growing on me. I can't stop sniffing the sugar smooch!

I didn't end up getting any hair pins in my box, was I supposed to?

Originally Posted by sherbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got my May box yesterday, huzzah! I ended up getting the full upgrade on this one. Love these colours too much not to. Paris was the one polish in this set that I wasn't really sold on, but the more I see it on people's fingers, the more it's growing on me. I can't stop sniffing the sugar smooch!

I didn't end up getting any hair pins in my box, was I supposed to?
Yes, every one that ordered the May box should have received the hair pins. They are sending them out to people who didn't receive them, you can send them an email.

I got Version 1, not liking except for Chelsea. I think I learned my lesson and will skip the Mystery boxes!

i hadn't gotten anything from the april brights collection or anything around that time when people were talking about the funky sour apple/skunk/weed(? yikes! =D) smell but with the beauty bio discount i ordered tina and denver from the may flowers set; the sour apple scent isn't super offensive but it's definitely there and it lingered faintly on my hands (so i only smelled it when my hands were near my face) for about 24 hours. i can't imagine it really bothering people because the regular nail polish scent is a little more offensive and lingers just the same.

almost all of the may mystery boxes look great to me! i can't risk dupes though (it would really annoy me) and since i'm picky, i haven't seen a set of mystery boxes any other time that i really liked. there was only one version of the may mystery box that i would't have been thrilled with. oh well though, better than being out $25 with the chance i didn't like the box and being unable to spend more money for the june collection.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i hadn't gotten anything from the april brights collection or anything around that time when people were talking about the funky sour apple/skunk/weed(? yikes! =D) smell but with the beauty bio discount i ordered tina and denver from the may flowers set; the sour apple scent isn't super offensive but it's definitely there and it lingered faintly on my hands (so i only smelled it when my hands were near my face) for about 24 hours. i can't imagine it really bothering people because the regular nail polish scent is a little more offensive and lingers just the same.

almost all of the may mystery boxes look great to me! i can't risk dupes though (it would really annoy me) and since i'm picky, i haven't seen a set of mystery boxes any other time that i really liked. there was only one version of the may mystery box that i would't have been thrilled with. oh well though, better than being out $25 with the chance i didn't like the box and being unable to spend more money for the june collection.
The scent didn't bother me per se.. it was just odd and unexpected.

it's probably just a glitch but when you go to julep's website, a few of the may collection items are visible. the lip scrub and etta both have the add to cart option and you can go ahead and check out with them. if you click on them anywhere else on the website, they show up as out of stock. just letting you guys know in case you're hoping to get your hands on either of these.

Congrats, Cheshire Cookie! I saw that you were a winner in Julep's May's Be good to yourself contest!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you so very much! I was super thrilled!
You deserve it! Your picture is gorgeous! Straight out of the '20's!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats, Cheshire Cookie! I saw that you were a winner in Julep's May's Be good to yourself contest!
Thank you so very much! I was super thrilled! Congrats Cookie!

Back