Julep May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by RaeDobbins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just picked up Eden with an extra coupon for $3.50. Someone take away my internet access!! lol 
help.gif
rofl2.gif

I wanted to order Eden too! It's on sale for $7... and then the extra beautybio coupon it'd be $3.50 too! But I ended up getting Billie Jean and pairing it with Zelda

That is seriously pretty!

Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

New Mystery Box. I keep saying I'm done with mystery boxes but I'm tempted!

http://www.julep.com/may-mystery-box.html

You’ll love the Hooray for May! Mystery Box. Unpack $70-$200 worth of pretty polish. We created two new brights to take you from spring to summer, and your box is guaranteed to include at least one of them.

A little something extra… You’ll also get a bonus nail color in a cute giftable bag. Surprise a friend (aren’t you sweet?) or keep it for yourself (we won’t tell).
These mystery boxes are going to be the death of me I was happy I skipped the Spring mystery box now there is another one, Julep is testing my will power lol.

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The email says there's a clue in the message. I don't see it.... Any guesses?
I think it's the colors. Maybe one is yellow and one is green?

Maybe along those lines, it shifts from yellow and green. Wouldn't make much sense if they just did 2 new yellow and green brights since they just had those options in a recent box.

Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The email says there's a clue in the message. I don't see it.... Any guesses?

I thought the same thing.

I got a shipping notif for the hairclips too except it was for an address I've never lived at. orz

It's an amalgam of two addresses I've lived at in two different states the last two months... I tried to call them to get them to fix it before it went out but no one ansnwered the phone so I left a message and sent an email. Sigh. WTAF

Their poor CS staff must be swamped this month. Just heard back from Mary about my May box. I was a bit concerned since it was charged to my CC, but I didn't receive a shipping notice and it didn't show up in my recent orders. I was bad and got the full upgrade, so I'm really REALLY looking forward to it. 
marchmellow.gif

She says that the box just cleared Canadian customs, so hopefully it'll be in my hands sometime next week! Yay!

i'm confused about the mystery boxes this month- the it's spring mystery box "Unpack $70-$200 worth of Spring polishes and products in our It's Spring! Mystery Box. One lucky person will find an iPad Mini tucked away in their box!" -- which I never received an email about- but found out about on a beauty blog- and the hooray for may mystery box - which i got an email about and is on their fb. Has anyone ordered the it's spring mystery box- and is it new from may too? Thanks!

Originally Posted by puffyeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The secret store is open to Mavens who purchased a box that month.  The deals are amazing.  A lot (if not all) of the colors are not new but in different pairings, sets, or just select ones on sale.  There's also a few options that will have jewelry.  It's not like the mystery box (I don't think I'll ever try that)...it's just something only mavens who purchased that month get access to (log in, select monthly maven activities, secret store).  I'm pretty sure it's only open until the 3rd of the month though.

During this month's secret store I purchased a set of 3 (that were already on my wishlist) for a whopping $13.99!  That's less than the price of 1 at the maven discount!  ((I know everyone is aware I'm just super happy, lol)).  And there's still free shipping.
That is great, thanks for explaining it for me!

Originally Posted by Imberis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi all! I just joined after lurking for a while.

I passed on the May box inititally. Then I did the beauty profile survey, got the 50% off code for a polish, put America the Beautiful in my cart, and then... I kept on looking! I wound up buying a May Bombshell Box, anyway! I'm not a red lipstick person, but the packing is so nice and the polish colors look great.
I too , ordered America. It is so pretty!  Just showed up yesterday. Next I want Lucky. My 8 year old and I love glittery stuff.  I just joined and also ordered the May Bombshell. Love the lipsticks. I think I have ordered 5 times this  month. Also ordered the Mystery Box. I am so addicted!

Originally Posted by nvr2old4glitter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's Gabrielle and Paris.  This is Day 2 of this mani, looks amazing still and no chipping!

Those colors are gorgeous!  I already wanted Gabrielle, now I want Paris too. 

I was away for work for a few days and my add-ons and Secret Store items arrived.  Can hardly wait to try out Paris for the weekend!  It looks gorgeous over Gabrielle (and on such lovely nails - nvr2old4glitter!)

And my Bombshell intro box was delivered to my mom's, so I'll pick that up on Sunday.  Yay, nail mail. 

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty sure that definetly means that they are never going back to the $19.99 price. I had hope that maybe they were just testing out the higher price, but obviously it's working out for them. Boo! I like the idea of a new bright color but I have kicked myself for every mystery box since the New Years one. I don't want to spend $25 and risk getting more fall colors again lol.

Me too... lol

I too , ordered America. It is so pretty!  Just showed up yesterday. Next I want Lucky. My 8 year old and I love glittery stuff.  I just joined and also ordered the May Bombshell. Love the lipsticks. I think I have ordered 5 times this  month. Also ordered the Mystery Box. I am so addicted!
I have Lucky on my nails right now! It's so pretty.

Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Lucky! It is pretty St. Patricks-y, but I'm sure there are other occasions to wear it. I also love Vivien, which has similar big gold chunks, but with small gold glitter instead of small green glitter.

Just a heads up to everyone who wanted the Sea Salt polishes, someone posted over in the June Julep Thread that Julep has the whole set available online for $28. It was a little tricky to find but here is the link for it http://www.julep.com/sea-salt-collection.html

This will make the 5th of 6th purchase from Julep this month... I'm not an addict I swear....

Latest posts

Back