Julep May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since they raised the price, the boxes have become 20% less enticing XD Especially since people still complained about them at $20 -- at $25  it definitely feels like a risk. :

I'm wearing Lady in Red for the first time today.  I'm not a red lipstick person, but this stuff is fantastic.  I'm going to wear it out of the house, which is unheard of for me.

I also like Satin Doll.  Tea for Two makes me look washed out, so it's my least favorite of the three.  Both Satin Doll and Tea for Two have a more waxy texture, which seem to emphasize my lip lines a bit more. 

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wearing Lady in Red for the first time today.  I'm not a red lipstick person, but this stuff is fantastic.  I'm going to wear it out of the house, which is unheard of for me.

I also like Satin Doll.  Tea for Two makes me look washed out, so it's my least favorite of the three.  Both Satin Doll and Tea for Two have a more waxy texture, which seem to emphasize my lip lines a bit more. 
So pretty. I wore it yesterday and it lasted forever.

I'm wearing Lady in Red for the first time today.  I'm not a red lipstick person, but this stuff is fantastic.  I'm going to wear it out of the house, which is unheard of for me. I also like Satin Doll.  Tea for Two makes me look washed out, so it's my least favorite of the three.  Both Satin Doll and Tea for Two have a more waxy texture, which seem to emphasize my lip lines a bit more. 
Looks great!

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since they raised the price, the boxes have become 20% less enticing XD Especially since people still complained about them at $20 -- at $25  it definitely feels like a risk. :

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might, still thinking about it.

I don't feel as tempted to get this one as I was the Sea Salt Mystery Box.... I have to agree... it does feel like a risk..

Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So pretty. I wore it yesterday and it lasted forever.
Yes, it really lasts!  Impressed, hope they come out with more colors in this formula.

It's really good to know that the lipstick lasts.

I'm new to Julep (and Subscription Boxes) and wanted to make sure their lipsticks lasted before diving in.  

Do they ever send out lipstick samples?

Originally Posted by MuffinTumble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's really good to know that the lipstick lasts.

I'm new to Julep (and Subscription Boxes) and wanted to make sure their lipsticks lasted before diving in.  

Do they ever send out lipstick samples?
This lipstick is a brand-new product for Julep, so Mavens were the first to get them.  We really have no idea what they're likely to do in the future.  I would be a little bit surprised if they did send out lipstick samples, though, because the only samples I've seen/received from them have been nail polish remover wipes and hand/foot creams, and they've had the lip gloss for ages.  If they *were* to send out lip color samples, I think they would have started doing so with the lip gloss.

So I decided not to get the mystery box just in case June is really amazing and I want to upgrade. I really regret not getting the upgrade last month.

I'm pretty sure that's an old yellow. -- The mystery yellow from a bunch of old mystery bags and the mystery store starting as early as August of last year (when I got mine). Mine is still unsealed... just not interested.

>:

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure that's an old yellow. -- The mystery yellow from a bunch of old mystery bags and the mystery store starting as early as August of last year (when I got mine). Mine is still unsealed... just not interested.

>:
I think Charlie is a creme color and the previous mystery yellow has a shimmer to it so I believe that they are different. I can confirm that later if I get the yellow in my mystery box.

Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I too , ordered America. It is so pretty!  Just showed up yesterday. Next I want Lucky. My 8 year old and I love glittery stuff.  I just joined and also ordered the May Bombshell. Love the lipsticks. I think I have ordered 5 times this  month. Also ordered the Mystery Box. I am so addicted!
Elaine, if you do pick up Lucky, keep in mind that it will stain pretty badly when you remove it. Not a good idea to remove just before going to work... My fingertips look vaguely amphibian this morning. 
plain.gif

Originally Posted by sherbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Elaine, if you do pick up Lucky, keep in mind that it will stain pretty badly when you remove it. Not a good idea to remove just before going to work... My fingertips look vaguely amphibian this morning. 
plain.gif
Wow, thanks for letting me know. That  must be pretty freaky looking!

Well I caved and bought the Hooray for May mystery box. I got it today:

Version 3

Sheryl, Glenn, Hilary, Lucy, Korin & Zora

My May mystery box came today. I got version 2. Do we know how many different versions there was?

Here is what I got:

• Vanessa - Bombshell - is an opalescent glitter in a clear base - 
  • Grace - Classic With a Twist - this is a light pink sheer - 
  • Sharon - Classic With a Twist - a dark bold red shimmer - .
  • Avery - Classic With a Twist - hot pink creme -
  • Charlie - Bombshell - 
  • Alice - Boho Glam - antique lilac shimmer -

My May mystery box came today. I got version 2. Do we know how many different versions there was?
Here is what I got:
  • Vanessa - Bombshell - is an opalescent glitter in a clear base - 
  • Grace - Classic With a Twist - this is a light pink sheer - 
  • Sharon - Classic With a Twist - a dark bold red shimmer - .
  • Avery - Classic With a Twist - hot pink creme -
  • Charlie - Bombshell - 
  • Alice - Boho Glam - antique lilac shimmer -
I got the same box. Not that great of a box for me as half were dupes. The only good thing is that I wanted an extra Avery as a gift so now I don't have to buy one. Have to say I was shocked that there wasn't any product.

Back