Julep May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by RaeDobbins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The color is an add on for May, the code was for a free starter box. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I thought it was a nice color, but not sure if its a wow color. Either way, I got a free starter box, so yay! I'll be interested to see what other colors they have in this collection.
Don't apologize :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's not your fault, it's theirs :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooooo, a VINTAGE style box! and 1920's at that, ....oh I'm all over this! ::GIDDY::
biggrin.gif
Somehow I knew you would like it when I saw the theme lol.

I am obsessed with the packaging of the items in the video!! So vintage and pretty! 

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want both sets!
I love both sets but I noticed that the matte red is included in both sets so even if I get both sets I would have 2 matte reds.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love both sets but I noticed that the matte red is included in both sets so even if I get both sets I would have 2 matte reds.
I know that's the only problem. I was thinking about skipping this month but Julep is like crack lol

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got this May spoiler in my email:

ImageProxy.mvc

can you try and repost this? i can't see the image or open it in a new tab...

Ah. The more that is revealed the less I want this box. The only lip color I'd want is the bubblegum pink. My lips do not pair well with red.

I really liked the Paris set, but I am a lip junkie and don't need anymore.... I wonder what their May polishes will look like or if they'll have most profiles with 1 lipstick and 2 nail polishes... I'd definitely like that 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah. The more that is revealed the less I want this box. The only lip color I'd want is the bubblegum pink. My lips do not pair well with red.
I'm not a big fan of red lipstick either, as it just doesn't look good on me. Will be curious to see the May boxes, but will probably skip as I just bought Julep polish on Fab.

I noticed something that might be a bit stupid, but the lip stuff is on their : All About Nails tag on the blog and that makes no sense to me -.-' 

So are these lipsticks going to be spread out in the boxes along with nail polish? Or just in the American Beauty (or whatever it's called now) box?

mini-rant on the topic of Gatsby, obviously the inspiration for the month.

uhmmm, Leonardo Dicaprio. really? really?

dude is like 10 years too old to be playing Gatsby, it sort of ruins the whole "young, rich and reckless" bit, and is as far from Jewish as you can be on the caucasian spectrum.

grrumph.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mini-rant on the topic of Gatsby, obviously the inspiration for the month.

uhmmm, Leonardo Dicaprio. really? really?

dude is like 10 years too old to be playing Gatsby, it sort of ruins the whole "young, rich and reckless" bit, and is as far from Jewish as you can be on the caucasian spectrum.

grrumph.
Robert Redford was the same age as DiCaprio when they made the 1970's version.. I think they were probably using the older version of the movie as more of an inspiriation than the actual novel.  I personally have a love affair with Leo and think he'll be great.  And 38 is the new 28 (right?)..

Latest posts

Back