Julep May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased the mystery box. I got my first box (the intro box) a couple weeks ago, and figured it would be a good idea to get the mystery box now when I only have 3 Julep polishes, since odds aren't I won't get doubles of anything (knock on wood) whereas later, when I've collected a bunch I am liable to end up with doubles. At least that's how I justified it to myself. Will probably end up skipping the box this month to make up for it, unless I am really wowed by the selection! 

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided against the mystery box. Groupon is running a deal on the Jessie's girl gumdrop polishes, and that decided for me!
So tempting!

Really love the idea of the sea salt polishes...but I really only like the black of the ones shown. I think I'll skip & hope they turn up in the store or as an add-on sooner or later!

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided against the mystery box. Groupon is running a deal on the Jessie's girl gumdrop polishes, and that decided for me!
Thank you for this! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just ordered the set. 

I know this sounds weird, but the best way I've found to make Julep polishes last with little chipping is to skip my base coat.  I  usually use CND Sticky Base Coat, but when I do that with Julep, it just comes off in sheets.  The worst was with the glitter polishes.  I have a purple one that came off 50% of my nails within six hours and all I did was sit in a class, have lunch and go to the grocery store.  I think the Julep colors are gorgeous, but working with them is a struggle sometimes.

I know this sounds weird, but the best way I've found to make Julep polishes last with little chipping is to skip my base coat.  I  usually use CND Sticky Base Coat, but when I do that with Julep, it just comes off in sheets.  The worst was with the glitter polishes.  I have a purple one that came off 50% of my nails within six hours and all I did was sit in a class, have lunch and go to the grocery store.  I think the Julep colors are gorgeous, but working with them is a struggle sometimes.  
I'm going to have to try this!

I still use a top coat.  I'm currently using Sally Hansen Insta-Dry and I like it.  I still only get 4-5 days out of a manicure, but it's better than 2-3 days.

Originally Posted by Glitterazzi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still use a top coat.  I'm currently using Sally Hansen Insta-Dry and I like it.  I still only get 4-5 days out of a manicure, but it's better than 2-3 days.
I use the same top coat and I love it.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'd like a rubber finish; even a top coat would be cool. i also want them to have more light to medium purple shades.
I'm a huge fan of purple polishes, so would love to see this!

Originally Posted by Sam Clysdale /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So may's box theme for Julep is the 1920's.
OOOO Great Gatsby!!!! I hope they send ticket vouchers!

EDA:  I say that because the new version comes out May 10th.

I originally posted this is April's Julep Forum and am reposting it here.... Here are some photos of the Sea Salt Mystery Box 

If you don't want to read this RANT please just skip to the photos.

So disappointed. Two of these are from 2012.... one from Feb 2012's mystery box I believe and 1 from Fall 2012. I understand that they're going to try and get rid of their old polishes and IT IS a mystery box, but that doesn't mean send me one or two new things and old polish that you're trying to rid yourself of for the remaining. Maybe at least put in older Summer or Spring colors - meaning please correspond to the appropriate season. I wanted to note I already received 'Lauren' in my Spring Mystery Box and I am not completely unhappy that it is in my Sea Salt Mystery box because at least it's a Summery color, but the other two are from Fall/Winter...*sigh*.

Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I originally posted this is April's Julep Forum and am reposting it here.... Here are some photos of the Sea Salt Mystery Box 

If you don't want to read this RANT please just skip to the photos.

So disappointed. Two of these are from 2012.... one from Feb 2012's mystery box I believe and 1 from Fall 2012. I understand that they're going to try and get rid of their old polishes and IT IS a mystery box, but that doesn't mean send me one or two new things and old polish that you're trying to rid yourself of for the remaining. Maybe at least put in older Summer or Spring colors - meaning please correspond to the appropriate season. I wanted to note I already received 'Lauren' in my Spring Mystery Box and I am not completely unhappy that it is in my Sea Salt Mystery box because at least it's a Summery color, but the other two are from Fall/Winter...*sigh*.

Nice box, the colors look lovely

Back