Julep May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly! It is like a slap in the face to the mavens. Either toss out more money for the extra polishes or wait months (if ever) for them to be released in a box.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agree! I thought the whole point of being a Maven was to be able to get our hands on new products first. I also don't think I'll be getting any mystery boxes again, with the price increase.
Yup yup exactly girls! Were the emerald polishes in previous boxes? those are new too, right?

Yup yup exactly girls! Were the emerald polishes in previous boxes? those are new too, right?
Yes.. I'm sure they're new and featured because of Pantone's color of the year dealybob

While this box looks tempting, their matte polishes are the worst nail polishes I have ever experienced. They chip in LITERALLY 3 hours. With a bottom coat, in addition to a regular top coat AND a Matte top coat...they lasted ALMOST 24 hours. lol

No thanks 

It could be me but I think Julep polish in general is just horrible with chipping. Actually the more I think about it I don't even know why I keep getting Julep. I rarely reach for their polish out of my collection, and I think their colors are rather bland and behind the times. I blame the packaging. Those darn bottles are the best polish bottles I've seen and I just want to keep hoarding.

It could be me but I think Julep polish in general is just horrible with chipping.

Actually the more I think about it I don't even know why I keep getting Julep. I rarely reach for their polish out of my collection, and I think their colors are rather bland and behind the times. I blame the packaging. Those darn bottles are the best polish bottles I've seen and I just want to keep hoarding.
THIS! lol same here, on everything you said.

It could be me but I think Julep polish in general is just horrible with chipping.

Actually the more I think about it I don't even know why I keep getting Julep. I rarely reach for their polish out of my collection, and I think their colors are rather bland and behind the times. I blame the packaging. Those darn bottles are the best polish bottles I've seen and I just want to keep hoarding.
Agreed! I used Whitney, I believe, and it literally peeled on some nails. Collecting these is rather addicting and it does say if you do not want a mattified finish you can use their top coat... and I am assuming a normal top coat would do. This may be one of the last mystery boxes I pick up. Idk though lol

i would be going for the sea salt instead of the may box but i definitely don't want any dupes and there is absoultely NO info on the box. we're not being told the polish minimum for the second time now and there's no info on the theme of the boxes. at least with easter, valentine's day, etc, it's pretty easy to imagine the theme of the box and all of them fit imo. i do like the idea of neutrals and earthy blues if that's what this box will be, but i can't know nothing and buy it, especially with the price increase.

I feel the same way...I've only been a Maven since January, but I'm just not really impressed. I think it may be time to cancel.

Just got shipping confirmation for my Mystery Box. This will be my May box, so I am soooo excited.

iagree.gif

Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got shipping confirmation for my Mystery Box. This will be my May box, so I am soooo excited.

Me to. I just got shipping info also. I have a good feeling about the box *crosses fingers*!

The only reason I keep julep around is because I have jules to spend. And I have enough that if I were to buy another monthly box i'd get the next box for free. But i've skipped for the lat 5 months!! Nothing is appealing...

i said i wasn't going to buy any polish until the julep may collection release/zoya earth day sale. that was five bottles ago. yikes! i got julep's delaunay, essie's fifth avenue, china glaze's textured bump and grind, of coarse!, and in the rough. i loveeeee this texture so much; it's a matte sandy finish.i like it better than any of the collections i've seen recently with similar textures.

some images: china glaze's (l-r) texture: bump and grind, in the rough, itty bitty & gritty, of coarse!, toe-tally textured, and unrefined

essie's fifth avenue (from lifeinmagazines.blogspot.com):

julep's delaunay:

fifth ave and delaunay are different in person. delaunay seems a little cooler and tad darker while fifth ave is a bit more orange and brighter.

I feel ya. If every Julep polish had the amazing/perfect/YEEHAW formulation of Jessica (sky blue creme), I'd stop pressing the skip button!

I decided against the mystery box. Groupon is running a deal on the Jessie's girl gumdrop polishes, and that decided for me!

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided against the mystery box. Groupon is running a deal on the Jessie's girl gumdrop polishes, and that decided for me!
Oh thank you enabler! I grabbed a gum drop set.
biggrin.gif

Back