Julep Online Warehouse Sale - 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else's shipping information still not updating?  Mine still says electronic info received on the 20th.
Mine, too. I ordered earlish 6/17. And I checked "3-5 day ship," too. Boo.

That other monthly box (Cult, I think) is sounding awfully good, right now. o-O

I had a notice that said shipping info was received on 6/21 and I ordered on 6/17.  I wonder if some products sold out or something and they are waiting for product to be made.  My other warehouse order came a couple days later.  The second order was Julia and the plum passion lip gloss duo. Hhmm.

Sigh. My tracking finally updated last night that it was moving and would be here today (I'm in the same city). Checked again this morning and the tracking had changed and now it says it was delivered yesterday in a city 45 minutes away. So confused! I triple checked the number too. Mail hasn't come yet today though so hopefully it's just another case of dumb USPS scanning!

My shipping had updated! It left WA today, so I should get it tomorrow or Thursday. Yippee!
Stupid autocorrect. It ALWAYS turns has to had...& the editor isn't working right now....& I'm OCD.

My shipping notice just says the info was entered (since the 21st).  Misery loves company I guess, lol.  

When you purchase a shipping label, it will do that until the package itself gets in the mail system.  If that makes sense?  Like if right now I purchase a shipping label for a week from now it will kinda make it seem like a mailed it out today.  

Originally Posted by puffyeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My shipping notice just says the info was entered (since the 21st).  Misery loves company I guess, lol.  

When you purchase a shipping label, it will do that until the package itself gets in the mail system.  If that makes sense?  Like if right now I purchase a shipping label for a week from now it will kinda make it seem like a mailed it out today.  
That's what's so frustrating about it! Why send us the shipping notification if they're not actually shipping it?!

I've emailed Julep to ask them what's going on. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my order today and the box was really beat up and looked like it had been opened and I noticed immediately that the box was really lite for what it was suppose to have in it. Upon inspection I found that I was missing 3 of the 4 grapefruit galore sets (body frosting, scrub, and shower mit thingy) I thought maybe someone had already opened my box and stole some of my scrubs! Well after dumping the box out I found that I was indeed missing 3 sets not partial sets but the whole sets :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Everything else was accounted for but is it just me or did they pack everything horribly? I had one sheet of packing paper with all my products thrown in and the  paper wasn't even covering everything to hold it in place it was basically just lining the box.

It took 3 tries to get a hold of cs today and I was offered jules or a gift card/code because the scrub sets were out of stock. I opted for the gift card because then I can use it in the secret store on the 1st.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my order today and the box was really beat up and looked like it had been opened and I noticed immediately that the box was really lite for what it was suppose to have in it. Upon inspection I found that I was missing 3 of the 4 grapefruit galore sets (body frosting, scrub, and shower mit thingy) I thought maybe someone had already opened my box and stole some of my scrubs! Well after dumping the box out I found that I was indeed missing 3 sets not partial sets but the whole sets :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Everything else was accounted for but is it just me or did they pack everything horribly? I had one sheet of packing paper with all my products thrown in and the  paper wasn't even covering everything to hold it in place it was basically just lining the box.

It took 3 tries to get a hold of cs today and I was offered jules or a gift card/code because the scrub sets were out of stock. I opted for the gift card because then I can use it in the secret store on the 1st.
Oh no, sorry your order was messed up but I'm glad at least you got it taken care of right away!

It's really weird how the packing is varying so much from what I've seen! Mine had the blue crinklies and tissue paper, everything was all bubble wrapped and I was surprised how nice it looked for a sale order.  I think they must have had some things pre-packed and then once they ran out they just started throwing stuff in boxes.  Jeez :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My warehouse sale items arrived today!  I got 5 of the rings, and used Paris, Princess Sabra from a-england, and Color Club's Sparkle and Soar for this one.

Polishes are Zoe, Hilary, Amelia, Vivien, Sarah, and Sofia.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My order also looked like they just dumped everything in the box. It was also missing one item, another was crushed, and one of my polishes was the wrong color. CS took care of everything after I called. I had emailed CS right before calling and in their email reply they asked me for a photo of what I received. That made me feel like they didn't believe me and that they thought I was trying to get something out of them for free. Pretty insulting! 
madno.gif

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My warehouse sale items arrived today!  I got 5 of the rings, and used Paris, Princess Sabra from a-england, and Color Club's Sparkle and Soar for this one.

Polishes are Zoe, Hilary, Amelia, Vivien, Sarah, and Sofia.

Aww... I was supposed to get Sofia and they sent Sophie by accident. Super bummed seeing how pretty it looks in your pic. Glad they sent you the right one though! The ring looks awesome! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I got my orders last night.  It all came in a HUGE box because I got the Oprah's favorite things set.  I got everything I ordered and the box was in good condition.

Besides the Oprah set, I also got the Rock Candy Collection, Vanessa, Caroline, Sharon, and Sofia.

Caroline and Sharon look so similar in the bottles that I was worried they would be too similar for my tastes, but once I swatched them, 
icon_eek.gif
 oh my were they different colors!  Caroline has an interesting color change effect.  It looks almost black from 1 angle, then it is a pretty deep red from a different angle.  Most definitely a winter color though.  (I never thought I would say that)

I swatched Sofia and I'm not 100% sure I like it.  It is very sheer and would probably require quite a few coats if I wore it alone, but the green tint might affect the color of a different nail polish if I used it as a glitter top coat.  The glow in the dark feature is cool though.  I just can't decide.

Miss Trix, you will be the first person I tell if I decide I don't like it and want to trade.

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww... I was supposed to get Sofia and they sent Sophie by accident. Super bummed seeing how pretty it looks in your pic. Glad they sent you the right one though! The ring looks awesome! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Oh wow, quite the difference between Sofia and Sophie!  I would have been bummed as well.

Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my orders last night.  It all came in a HUGE box because I got the Oprah's favorite things set.  I got everything I ordered and the box was in good condition.

Besides the Oprah set, I also got the Rock Candy Collection, Vanessa, Caroline, Sharon, and Sofia.

Caroline and Sharon look so similar in the bottles that I was worried they would be too similar for my tastes, but once I swatched them, 
icon_eek.gif
 oh my were they different colors!  Caroline has an interesting color change effect.  It looks almost black from 1 angle, then it is a pretty deep red from a different angle.  Most definitely a winter color though.  (I never thought I would say that)

I swatched Sofia and I'm not 100% sure I like it.  It is very sheer and would probably require quite a few coats if I wore it alone, but the green tint might affect the color of a different nail polish if I used it as a glitter top coat.  The glow in the dark feature is cool though.  I just can't decide.

Miss Trix, you will be the first person I tell if I decide I don't like it and want to trade.
Thanks for thinking of me! Glad to see everyone else's Sofia orders didn't get screwed up! 

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh wow, quite the difference between Sofia and Sophie!  I would have been bummed as well.

Yeah, Sophie is pretty fug in comparison. The color does not work well with my skin tone at all. lol

I got the Oprah set mainly for the box, but some of the colors are great! They are shades I wouldn't normally pick out: Maria, Maya, & Audrey. So, if you ever find these colors for a steal again, I'd definitely recommend them. Rock candy set was a little bummer for me. They were way more sheer than I expected. Any recommendations for jelly sandwiches? I don't have a lot of glitter polishes, so I'd like to know which ones work well for these!

Back