Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as colors are concerned, I would like to see a deep shimmery cooper.  It should have different color shimmers than the polish like chocolate, rust, and gold.  I would also like to see a shimmery version of Coco or Lucy.  I think a deep indigo would be nice as well. 

I think they should base some of the colors off of fall foliage with shades of gold, red, rust and brown.  But they should have multiple finishes like shimmer or micro glitter.

I would also like to see some sort of fall top coat similar to Adele.  Like a chocolate-bronze holo.

Also, a plum shade with cranberry shimmer in it.
I want everything you just said Ditto.

It's been awhile since I've taken a box but I've been waiting for colors like this! I'm hoping for something along this line for August since it's my birthday month and upgrading to a full Julep collection is something I've thought about asking for if the colors are awesome. I don't have a ton of fall/winter colors either. 

Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As far as colors are concerned, I would like to see a deep shimmery cooper.  It should have different color shimmers than the polish like chocolate, rust, and gold.  I would also like to see a shimmery version of Coco or Lucy.  I think a deep indigo would be nice as well. 

I think they should base some of the colors off of fall foliage with shades of gold, red, rust and brown.  But they should have multiple finishes like shimmer or micro glitter.

I would also like to see some sort of fall top coat similar to Adele.  Like a chocolate-bronze holo.

I did my nails in Zoe this week, which is a deep copper metallic with gold microglitter.  I picked it up during the warehouse sale.  Not exactly what you described, but I'm really loving it. 

I did my nails in Zoe this week, which is a deep copper metallic with gold microglitter.  I picked it up during the warehouse sale.  Not exactly what you described, but I'm really loving it. 
Pretty I wish I had picked that one up during the sale.

i think i cayenne from sephora by opi is a little different but i love it! and it's still on sale for half off

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That color looks great on you. I picked it up at the warehouse sale too.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think i cayenne from sephora by opi is a little different but i love it! and it's still on sale for half off
I've got that one too but haven't tried it yet.  I just love these kind of colors!

C'mon Julep, make September a "wow" month for my bday! The colors in that first photo on this thread are gorgeous. I'd love to see a scorched orange or orange-red sea salt polish.

I'm kind of done w/ orange, I like it on other people, but it looks awful with my skin tone. I feel like every single box i've gotten this year has had orange, yellow or coral, so i'm hoping for some cranberry or plum shades myself:)

Simply beautiful!!!

I would love to see velvet like emerald green polish, plum, silver blue and deep black reds.

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to see velvet like emerald green polish, plum, silver blue and deep black reds.
I agree.  I'm would love a shimmery emerald green/ black duochrome. Kinda like Blakely from July but different colors.

Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree.  I'm would love a shimmery emerald green/ black duochrome. Kinda like Blakely from July but different colors.
Totally! They need more duochrome finish polishes. 

i'd prefer duochromes more like julia and less like blakely. i found the former absolutely gorgeous and amazing but blakely is a lot less impressive. blakely comes off more as one shade rather than two distinct simultaneous shades, hence why hardly any photos show the duochrome whereas photos of julia capture it easily.

i'd prefer duochromes more like julia and less like blakely. i found the former absolutely gorgeous and amazing but blakely is a lot less impressive. blakely comes off more as one shade rather than two distinct simultaneous shades, hence why hardly any photos show the duochrome whereas photos of julia capture it easily.
I wouldn't really think of Julia a duochrome though. it implies there are two colours, which I guess technically Julia does have. I only think of duochromes as the blakely type colours (a la peridot) so that might be where the disconnect lies. A true gold/purple duochrome for me woul be more Orly Space Cadet (though that gold leans more green).

Also, the problem with blakely isn't that it's hard to capture two colours. Yes there are difficulties, but I don't primarily wear polish to take pictures of them to post online. I'd rather enjoy them in real life.

[x]

well i don't consider blakely a duochrome because it's really like one color rather than two; to me, it's easy to see the separation with julia. the space cadet shade appears somewhat holo-like. i mentioned picture taking not because it's important at all but because it's a really clear way of pointing out that the shade isn't really two.

also, i was thinking after looking up more pictures of orly space cadet (they look a lot like blakely and not the pic you posted which i really do like the look of), it looks like a chrome finish with one shade that happens to reflect differently from other parts of the nail.

julia however is consistently two shades going on without needing to position your hand differently to see the other shade, so maybe that's a duotone and i actually really don't like duochromes. so maybe space cadet and blakely are duochromes and julia is a duotone.

well i don't consider blakely a duochrome because it's really like one color rather than two; to me, it's easy to see the separation with julia. the space cadet shade appears somewhat holo-like. i mentioned picture taking not because it's important at all but because it's a really clear way of pointing out that the shade isn't really two.

also, i was thinking after looking up more pictures of orly space cadet (they look a lot like blakely and not the pic you posted which i really do like the look of), it looks like a chrome finish with one shade that happens to reflect differently from other parts of the nail.

julia however is consistently two shades going on without needing to position your hand differently to see the other shade, so maybe that's a duotone and i actually really don't like duochromes. so maybe space cadet and blakely are duochromes and julia is a duotone.
Well, I haven't used my Julia yet, but I'm making an assumption that it's a dupe for Zoya Daul (which I also have and use). In terms of duochrome, I define it as what chanel peridot is:

[x]

Duochromes have a shift of colour depending on the angle, whereas I see Julia as more of a flat a simultaneous colour, so you can pin down the colour (purple with gold sparkles) whereas in a duochrome you can't. I mean, it's pretty hard to define what duochrome really is, but like, I'd consider OPI Grape Set Match a (very weak) duochrome because of the shift from a pink-purple to a cool-purple. So Julep is more ilke ChG Peach on earth than it is like Chanel Peridot which is why I don't think of it as duochrome.

[x]

For me, a holo is something that scatters light to create a 3D effect. Basically I think of it as the pokemon cards everyone really wanted.

I mean they're both really "I'll know it when I see it" terms for me. I mean, it's hard to capture either in pictures. But nail polishes are made for wearing, not photographing ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yes this! i would really like earthy shades in finishes like vivien, sharon, zelda, jane. a rich warm brown in the vivien finish/texture would be awesome, as would a dark green.
I adore the Vivien texture! I would love to see it in several colors .... but the warm brown sounds positively FALL!

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think we're on to something! A dark green glitter would just make me melt
smilehappyyes.gif
YES! We have to have several shades of green glitter!

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love this idea. Everyone needs a good manicure set. I also love the metallics idea, although since there are two metallics in the Champange trio, I'm not getting my hopes up.
I would only want a manicure set if it was done GREAT! I have purchased individual tools that are fabulous in my opinion .... don't really want an inexpensive set just to have a matching set. I do want more Julep emery boards which I have not seen for sale at all!

Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The qvc colors are gorgeous.  Hmm...just another product not offered to Mavens first (or not at all.)  I am finding this frustrating.  I am thinking about a quick email to Julep about it.
How do we see the QVC colors? And are you saying that we will not be able to purchase them at all through Julep?

Back