Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As far as colors are concerned, I would like to see a deep shimmery cooper.  It should have different color shimmers than the polish like chocolate, rust, and gold.  I would also like to see a shimmery version of Coco or Lucy.  I think a deep indigo would be nice as well. 

I think they should base some of the colors off of fall foliage with shades of gold, red, rust and brown.  But they should have multiple finishes like shimmer or micro glitter.

I would also like to see some sort of fall top coat similar to Adele.  Like a chocolate-bronze holo.

Also, a plum shade with cranberry shimmer in it.
Ash .... everything you just said! JULEP - are you LISTENING? We would buy ALL OF THEM!

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did my nails in Zoe this week, which is a deep copper metallic with gold microglitter.  I picked it up during the warehouse sale.  Not exactly what you described, but I'm really loving it. 

Beautiful color and just what I am feeling this week ... end of summer, thoughts of fall ... school starts in some counties here on FRIDAY!

I've got that one too but haven't tried it yet.  I just love these kind of colors!
Glad to know I'm not the only one who picks up colors and waits forever to try them!

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm kind of done w/ orange, I like it on other people, but it looks awful with my skin tone. I feel like every single box i've gotten this year has had orange, yellow or coral, so i'm hoping for some cranberry or plum shades myself:)
Same here, I joined in May and with the sales I've hit too, I have one lavendar, no plum or purple, one oxblood, no cranberry ... still standing by my opinion that Julep totally missed the mark with the Garden Party collection..... look at us ... already going over our wish list for September and we haven't even gotten our August box yet.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well i don't consider blakely a duochrome because it's really like one color rather than two; to me, it's easy to see the separation with julia. the space cadet shade appears somewhat holo-like. i mentioned picture taking not because it's important at all but because it's a really clear way of pointing out that the shade isn't really two.

also, i was thinking after looking up more pictures of orly space cadet (they look a lot like blakely and not the pic you posted which i really do like the look of), it looks like a chrome finish with one shade that happens to reflect differently from other parts of the nail.

julia however is consistently two shades going on without needing to position your hand differently to see the other shade, so maybe that's a duotone and i actually really don't like duochromes. so maybe space cadet and blakely are duochromes and julia is a duotone.
Good explanation, Rach.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I haven't used my Julia yet, but I'm making an assumption that it's a dupe for Zoya Daul (which I also have and use). In terms of duochrome, I define it as what chanel peridot is:

[x]

Duochromes have a shift of colour depending on the angle, whereas I see Julia as more of a flat a simultaneous colour, so you can pin down the colour (purple with gold sparkles) whereas in a duochrome you can't. I mean, it's pretty hard to define what duochrome really is, but like, I'd consider OPI Grape Set Match a (very weak) duochrome because of the shift from a pink-purple to a cool-purple. So Julep is more ilke ChG Peach on earth than it is like Chanel Peridot which is why I don't think of it as duochrome.

[x]

For me, a holo is something that scatters light to create a 3D effect. Basically I think of it as the pokemon cards everyone really wanted.

I mean they're both really "I'll know it when I see it" terms for me. I mean, it's hard to capture either in pictures. But nail polishes are made for wearing, not photographing ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I guess I'm simple-minded, but I see green and purple in these sets of pictures. Maybe they do show differently in-person. But other people learn whether they like them (usually) viewing photographed swatches online rather than somewhere in a store. At least with Julep, anyway.

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the link! I see one color esp. that would go with the chocolate collection I suggested in August thread! C'mon Julep, put together a chocolate collection!
  • Blair - Bombshell: "a coppery-pink mauve frost shade"
  • Leanne - American Beauty: "a buff beige creme shade"
  • Louise - Boho Glam: "a chocolate taupe creme shade"
  • Paige - Classic with a Twist: "a smoky lavender creme shade
I think they could all go into a chocolate collection.  Terrific idea!  And the extra could be some real chocolates.

I want all the qvc colors except Leanne.  

• Blair - Bombshell: "a coppery-pink mauve frost shade"
  • Leanne - American Beauty: "a buff beige creme shade"
  • Louise - Boho Glam: "a chocolate taupe creme shade"
  • Paige - Classic with a Twist: "a smoky lavender creme shade
I think they could all go into a chocolate collection.  Terrific idea!  And the extra could be some real chocolates.

I want all the qvc colors except Leanne.  
I just got my intro box for classic with a twist and one of my colors was Helen - a smokey lavender cream color. I wonder if its the same as Paige?

i had posted that qvc link in one of the threads recently.. i really wish we could have them. i don't think any of them look like helen and i also don't believe julep renames shades and passes them off as new.

I did my nails in Zoe this week, which is a deep copper metallic with gold microglitter.  I picked it up during the warehouse sale.  Not exactly what you described, but I'm really loving it. 

I love that color! I don't think I have that one...

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i had posted that qvc link in one of the threads recently.. i really wish we could have them. i don't think any of them look like helen and i also don't believe julep renames shades and passes them off as new.
I agree. Several are VERY similar, but not repackaged. When held side-by-side, you can see the difference. I think the main problem is that Julep is just releasing too many colors every month and their creative/development staff can't meet our expectations.

Does anyone remember what day of the month the mystery boxes come out?

I know it won't be tomorrow (because of the secret store), but hopefully in the next week.  I know I'm just a little impatient here. 
patches.gif

I can't wait to see what goodies will be in the mystery boxes. I really really really hope I am not disappointed. Tomorrow is the secret store; this will be my first visit.

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't wait to see what goodies will be in the mystery boxes. I really really really hope I am not disappointed. Tomorrow is the secret store; this will be my first visit.
Enjoy, Jac13, and don't spend TOO much money! Save some for the mystery box! I hope it is open and stocked before I have to leave in the morning!

Enjoy, Jac13, and don't spend TOO much money! Save some for the mystery box! I hope it is open and stocked before I have to leave in the morning!
My first time at secret store too. I hope the prices are really good

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too!

I haven't bought one in several months but I'm hoping this one looks as awesome as they are hoping. It would be amazing if they did another higher value mystery box (still the same price but a higher value of products) like they did back with their New Year's box.

I'm still not sure I'll get one even if it looks awesome (I have tons of polishes and just bought a bunch of new ones during the warehouse sale), but it'll be hard to pass up - especially if they release it around the 9th (my birthday!) 

Back