Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Julep tried to put a box together focusing on hands. The jewelry and candy were nice treats. I am overall pleased with my boxes. I received version 2 and 3; no dupes.

Oooh La La!  I love the orange.  A hunter green accent nail with a clear gold glitter topcoat would look so Fall-ish.  Great inspiration with the pictures.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think we're on to something! A dark green glitter would just make me melt
smilehappyyes.gif

Yes!!  It would be fabulous.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I already posted over on the August thread ... I did some major damage in the Secret Store this morning. Don't forget, newbies, when you are in the Secret Store, you can also add to your order from the menu's Savvy Deals and Maven Exclusives (or anything in their shop, for that matter). I really wanted to pick up the Suede Collection, but alas, it still shows Out of Stock! I'm hoping the Golden Mystery Box doesn't contain the Champagne Trio, since I bought it as an add-on for August box.
Good to know!  I received my first box last month and am in LOVE.  I bought the Trio as an add-on this month, as well.

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Julep tried to put a box together focusing on hands. The jewelry and candy were nice treats. I am overall pleased with my boxes. I received version 2 and 3; no dupes.
That's great, Jac13! You are going to be LOADED with polish!

Is anyone going for the Andy Warhol set (Abbie, Amy, Reagan and Cody)?  I own all but Abbie, but I have Charlie and Nikki.

Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone going for the Andy Warhol set (Abbie, Amy, Reagan and Cody)?  I own all but Abbie, but I have Charlie and Nikki.
I got Abbie in a set during the warehouse sale and it's the first Julep polish I've experienced the dreaded staining with, and of course since it is yellow my nails now look like I have jaundice :- lol! So if you do decide to get it, make sure you use a base coat (because I don't think I did and I'm having the hardest time getting the stain out!) 

Abby is the worst polish when it comes to staining. I used julep base coat & it didn't matter- it's been 2 months & I swear I can still see staining. If anyone wants it Pm me & u can have it!! Just send me a self addressed envelope- it's only been used for 2 accent nails

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Abby is the worst polish when it comes to staining. I used julep base coat & it didn't matter- it's been 2 months & I swear I can still see staining. If anyone wants it Pm me & u can have it!! Just send me a self addressed envelope- it's only been used for 2 accent nails
PMed you

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Abbie in a set during the warehouse sale and it's the first Julep polish I've experienced the dreaded staining with, and of course since it is yellow my nails now look like I have jaundice :- lol! So if you do decide to get it, make sure you use a base coat (because I don't think I did and I'm having the hardest time getting the stain out!) 
I had used a base coat and it still stained my nails. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks ladies for the info. It didn't occur to me that there maybe issues with staining. I have Zoya Liberty pixie dust and I use a white polish underneath. It protects my nails from staining. This might work for Julep as well.

Thanks ladies for the info. It didn't occur to me that there maybe issues with staining. I have Zoya Liberty pixie dust and I use a white polish underneath. It protects my nails from staining. This might work for Julep as well.
Liberty was the worst staining I had ever seen. I soaked my nails in warm water, baking soda & peroxide for 10 minutes & it came right off. However, I'll try the white underneath next time! Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Liberty was the worst staining I had ever seen. I soaked my nails in warm water, baking soda & peroxide for 10 minutes & it came right off. However, I'll try the white underneath next time! Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where were you ladies last week! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I had terrible staining from Liberty. I'll definitely keep the white polish in mind for next time and I'll try the baking soda/peroxide soak if I have staining issues in the future.

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used a base coat and a white polish under Abbie and it still stained.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used a base coat and a white polish under Abbie and it still stained.
See, I guess my question is how does some thing like that get past quality control?  And who is determining that a product that stains that badly is acceptable to sell?  I understand that some polishes will stain, but with a base coat and a white polish, to me, that would be unacceptable.  

I agree luckyme. That means the color bled through the protection base AND another polish!! There should be a caution or advisory about the polishes that stain, especially the ones that are worse than others.

what beauty products are you all hoping for? they just came out with the one-use masks but i would like a set of three tubes that they could sell individually in larger sizes. however, they haven't done anything like that (i.e. with the lipsticks in may being mini and never sold individually or larger or expanded into more colors). they have had the warming foot scrub in the sale section since the savvy deal page existed so i bet they're reformulating it (they've reformulated the hand scrub and hand cream).

i don't like the 'workhorse' type products like the foot stick- i'd rather have the pampering ones. i would be interested in a foot scrub, cuticle/nail treatment, moisturizing or blackhead removal mask.. i'd especially like an anti-aging, moisturizing eye cream and cooling eye de-puffer.

what beauty products are you all hoping for? they just came out with the one-use masks but i would like a set of three tubes that they could sell individually in larger sizes. however, they haven't done anything like that (i.e. with the lipsticks in may being mini and never sold individually or larger or expanded into more colors). they have had the warming foot scrub in the sale section since the savvy deal page existed so i bet they're reformulating it (they've reformulated the hand scrub and hand cream). i don't like the 'workhorse' type products like the foot stick- i'd rather have the pampering ones. i would be interested in a foot scrub, cuticle/nail treatment, moisturizing or blackhead removal mask.. i'd especially like an anti-aging, moisturizing eye cream and cooling eye de-puffer.
Hmmmm....that is a great question. Since last month I've been thinking about what would really WOW me in a box/collection. Honestly, I love EVERY SINGLE color I got last month. I liked the mix of cremes and shimmers. But the foot stick seemed really blah... So...which products did I love? The lipstick- specifically the red. Also, the mighty cuticle oil is awesome. I also like the freedom topcoat & rock star hand Creme. So, with these things in mind, a glass nail file (I know they have one, but it is never in stock!) or body scrubs & lotions in new scents would be winners in my book. I'm hesitant to ask for any facial treatments because I'm really picky about what I put on my face. I'd be happy to try out new things, but I'm just not sure that is the best direction for Julep to go. Maybe they should ask us Mavens for input on products in the works. Maybe put a few small samples in boxes & have us pick which ones (if any) we would like for them to develop? I just like the idea of having input in developing new products! Sorry for the long post, but this is something I've been mulling over for a while.

Back