Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i was in the hospital again tonight (lucky me) but it appears everything is actually getting better and i just have to take more advil AND tylenol (i didn't know people ever took both). alas, i am here finally! it's kinda sad perhaps that i stalk the julep threads but whatever.

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't used my Bea polish yet. I wonder if I use a white polish under it if it will still stain? I guess I was thinking if it is 4-5 free than there should be less chance of staining especially colors that are not highly pigmented.
    even light colors can be highly pigmented, it's just a different color. i thought that bea was lighter, like half pigmented half white mixed, but it appears in swatches to be almost a washed out lemon neon sort of shade.

Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love if Julep did a fall variety of their mini lipsticks but that seems very unlikely. Maybe a few plum shades or wearable reddish oranges. I really wish they would present a few more makeup products. I'm kind of in love with blushes and lip stains and would love if julep gave those a a shot. A great smelling facial scrub and mask might be nice but they have yet to do any form of skincare that I can recall. Maybe a mask with glycolic since they've tried his with the hand cream might be more in their comfort zone. I don't really want a new body care product. I rarely get excited over those. I really hope that September is filled with rich fall colors! I've been dying to upgrade for a while now but nothing's pulling me in.
this is an excellent idea!!! ahh. email it to them asap?

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I almost got bombshell, too, but I really didn't want the product. I see what you mean. I've only been a Maven since May, and May was the only month I was dying to get the product. I was so darn excited about those lipsticks! I think they were totally worth a third of the cost if the box. I usually look at NOT getting it girl as giving up a polish, so the product has to convince me it is better than the polish. It sounds like you are the same!
Also, I hope you added on Lacey bc it is so pretty!
I'm with you on the makeup items. Color cosmetics get me as giddy as nail polish! I was trying to think of nail/body care items for them to include, but on second thought those would be too boring. Butter London just came out with some cosmetics, & I think Julep could follow the same route.
I, too, have been dying to upgrade! September is my bday month, so I can totally justify it this time around. Actually my bday is Sept 25, so they will have two chances to grab me since the window opens on 9/20 for October. Maybe they will do two stunning collections in a row and I will get super birthday presents to myself!
i almost never am lured towards it girl (except in march; i really didn't think i needed a new hand creme- until they sent me one as a surprise! rockstar's my favorite). bombshell boxes are what i want the most every month, so it's pretty surprising the profile fits my polish tastes every month. i do love products but i like makeup and pampering products; i don't want to spend my 'treat money' budget on a foot stick. also, i saw the butter london cosmetic release, and i thought the picture i saw of the mascara colors was of liquid liners. i would never wear colored mascara save for a random occasion (i.e halloween) but i LOVE liquid liners. i can't find a high end brand that makes quality liners in a wide, fun and bold variety. urban decay was my favorite but they have a glossy sheen so the black and brown aren't quite dark enough. the kat von d black liner is amazing but not waterproof. then, other brands like MUFE and stila are excellent but they give you very little. urban decay gives a whopping 0.25oz (making it way cheaper by the ounce than even maybelline- yep i calculated it) and then kat von d gives something even higher i think (in the one with the brush, not the marker style).. stila gives 0.016 oz for the same price as UD, so it's just a joke. i don't wear pencil liner so i go through that amount in a couple of weeks. why am i going on a liner rant? lol

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thickness and stickiness of it and how little difference it appeared to make. I have been using Caudalie's Hand and Nail Cream, but am thinking of switching to Crabtree and Evelyn's Rose.
mm i was going to gift the spf 30 every day cream to my mother for her birthday but now i'm not sure.. i absolutely love rockstar but having got the mystery box, i was going to gift it to her since i have enough hand creme for myself. is it bad? why would they charge $28 for it (the original price is OUTRAGEOUS to me)

There's a new mystery box out, ladies!

Who's going to get it? what about that new color?

It's cute but I think Zoya Ananka is similar, and I have that. 

I'll skip this box, I will wait for another mystery box until more colors are released.  I don't need any more dupes.

MAVEN
SHOP
CONNECT
MEET JULEP

There's a new mystery box out, ladies! Who's going to get it? what about that new color? It's cute but I think Zoya Ananka is similar, and I have that.  I'll skip this box, I will wait for another mystery box until more colors are released.  I don't need any more dupes. MAVEN SHOP CONNECT MEET JULEP [/TR] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [/TR]
I will definitely order one:D

I won't order a mystery box but I'm loving that Evie color! I'm keeping my fingers and *really* hoping julep makes me happy this month because I'm getting tired of skipping!

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't order a mystery box but I'm loving that Evie color! I'm keeping my fingers and *really* hoping julep makes me happy this month because I'm getting tired of skipping!
I'm with you here.  I'm skipping this mystery box & really hoping for a great upcoming Maven box.  We can always hope, right?

Skipping the mystery box as well since I purchased the popsugar fall limited edition box. Trying to budget myself :-(

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so i was in the hospital again tonight (lucky me) but it appears everything is actually getting better and i just have to take more advil AND tylenol (i didn't know people ever took both). alas, i am here finally! it's kinda sad perhaps that i stalk the julep threads but whatever.

So sorry you are still not well ... I stalk the polish threads too though!

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif mm i was going to gift the spf 30 every day cream to my mother for her birthday but now i'm not sure.. i absolutely love rockstar but having got the mystery box, i was going to gift it to her since i have enough hand creme for myself. is it bad? why would they charge $28 for it (the original price is OUTRAGEOUS to me)
Rachel, it is not TERRIBLE, but for $28 I expected better than what I was already using at $15 which I thought was ridiculous when I bought it. It is thicker than I am used to and felt really sticky for quite a few minutes, like it was just sitting on the skin and not really absorbing into it. I expect more from a hand creme. And if I am going to pay $28 for it, I expect to really, really like it!

Here's wishing you speedy recovery. It's no fun having to take medicine. I also love reading the posts on the forum.

i wonder how many fewer people will get the mystery box at the $24.99 price? they sold out when we could get them for $19.99 again. i think that $24.99 for $70 worth of product is a really good deal but only when they actually ARE good. i know a few people were disappointed with theirs but the themed ones (miami, hamptons, whichever the other was) were really good boxes. if we could rely on them being awesome, more people would get them. i know there's always the risk of dupes but it's true that the boxes contain a lot of old stock. IMO, if it's in the sale section, it shouldn't have any more value in the mystery box than the current price.

i wonder how many fewer people will get the mystery box at the $24.99 price? they sold out when we could get them for $19.99 again. i think that $24.99 for $70 worth of product is a really good deal but only when they actually ARE good. i know a few people were disappointed with theirs but the themed ones (miami, hamptons, whichever the other was) were really good boxes. if we could rely on them being awesome, more people would get them. i know there's always the risk of dupes but it's true that the boxes contain a lot of old stock. IMO, if it's in the sale section, it shouldn't have any more value in the mystery box than the current price.
I use to get them all when they were 19.99, now that they're 24.99 I have only gotten two.  The biggest annoyance I see is that they have old colors in them, like when I got the Spring mystery box it had dark fall colors in it so it wasnt even spring-y.  I feel like they used to always say how many polishes/products would be in them too? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong, but now we usually have no clue except for the featured polish.  Of course my mind always assumes fabulous things could be in there, and then I set myself up for disappointment when it has polish from years/seasons ago.

Yes, this.

I mean, great marketing by them to get rid of old stock, but as a long-term strategy don't you just alienate customers if they feel like they're getting ripped-off?

ETA: just got my Golden mystery box and was all excited because it looked big, but that was to accommodate the lotion box it seems: I got version 1 with Anne, Nan, Maria and Jane (all pretty!).

The last mystery box I got was the sea salt mystery box. I haven't been too excited about any of the other ones.

Have y'all seen this? It's on Julep's FB.

Yea I wonder what that is all about. I think this is an attempt to get us excited about September.

I have a feeling that there might be an old or well existing product in one or all of their boxes instead of a brand new product. 

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have y'all seen this? It's on Julep's FB.

I saw that a few days ago and thought it was kind of disappointing.  It's starting to seem like they are not even trying to be competitive and give us new and exciting things
frown.gif
.  Hopefully the second product is a great one and maybe this will just be the other product for the Modern Beauty box? I already have all this stuff, except for the drops which dont interest me. 

It does say that you can offer another suggestion too and I saw a lot of people commenting that they wanted the new mint pedi cream instead of one of these.

Latest posts

Back