Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmmm....that is a great question. Since last month I've been thinking about what would really WOW me in a box/collection. Honestly, I love EVERY SINGLE color I got last month. I liked the mix of cremes and shimmers. But the foot stick seemed really blah... So...which products did I love? The lipstick- specifically the red. Also, the mighty cuticle oil is awesome. I also like the freedom topcoat & rock star hand Creme. So, with these things in mind, a glass nail file (I know they have one, but it is never in stock!) or body scrubs & lotions in new scents would be winners in my book. I'm hesitant to ask for any facial treatments because I'm really picky about what I put on my face. I'd be happy to try out new things, but I'm just not sure that is the best direction for Julep to go. Maybe they should ask us Mavens for input on products in the works. Maybe put a few small samples in boxes & have us pick which ones (if any) we would like for them to develop? I just like the idea of having input in developing new products!

Sorry for the long post, but this is something I've been mulling over for a while.
i'm hesitant about facial products, too but because they made the rockstar and pedi cremes so well, i think they can make other types, too. rockstar is hands down the best one i've ever tried.

however, i do not need any new body care. i was just thinking it could be fun to have candles for the fall. however, i know a lot of people like julep strictly for body products so that might not sell well for them.

I had Bea on from August's box and it stained my nails SO BAD. I actually went to get my nails done when I still had it on and when the lady was trying to take it off I even heard her say "what the..." I used Zoya's Anchor basecoat with it as well- so just a warning! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Abby is the worst polish when it comes to staining. I used julep base coat & it didn't matter- it's been 2 months & I swear I can still see staining. If anyone wants it Pm me & u can have it!! Just send me a self addressed envelope- it's only been used for 2 accent nails
I agree! It is the worst.

i'm hesitant about facial products, too but because they made the rockstar and pedi cremes so well, i think they can make other types, too. rockstar is hands down the best one i've ever tried. however, i do not need any new body care. i was just thinking it could be fun to have candles for the fall. however, i know a lot of people like julep strictly for body products so that might not sell well for them.
You are right about the cremes! They are spot on. I do get excited about trying new masks & treatments. I think of them as an indulgence, so special pampering products could be a good route for julep to pursue. Honestly, I mostly get excited about the polish. If there is a product I like, I grab a box with colors I like that includes the desired product. That's the beauty of Julep's system!

i can't justify 20 bucks for two polishes though when half the box is basically a product. i get it and i don't mind the selection system but i do love to be excited about the product. i almost, almost was tempted to get my box (bombshell) because of lacey but now hearing about the bea one staining (read it in a few places, i believe) i'm super glad i didn't.

I haven't used my Bea polish yet. I wonder if I use a white polish under it if it will still stain? I guess I was thinking if it is 4-5 free than there should be less chance of staining especially colors that are not highly pigmented.

I would love if Julep did a fall variety of their mini lipsticks but that seems very unlikely. Maybe a few plum shades or wearable reddish oranges. I really wish they would present a few more makeup products. I'm kind of in love with blushes and lip stains and would love if julep gave those a a shot. A great smelling facial scrub and mask might be nice but they have yet to do any form of skincare that I can recall. Maybe a mask with glycolic since they've tried his with the hand cream might be more in their comfort zone. I don't really want a new body care product. I rarely get excited over those. I really hope that September is filled with rich fall colors! I've been dying to upgrade for a while now but nothing's pulling me in.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm hesitant about facial products, too but because they made the rockstar and pedi cremes so well, i think they can make other types, too. rockstar is hands down the best one i've ever tried.

however, i do not need any new body care. i was just thinking it could be fun to have candles for the fall. however, i know a lot of people like julep strictly for body products so that might not sell well for them.
I got a sample of the rockstar lotion.  I'm emotionally allergic to that type of smell.  
sick.gif

Candles would be a nice extra gift that's not included as part of set. I would love to see different textures, something bold and daring. I would be interested in a nice foot exfoliate and scrub. Preferably a high end component, that would be a nice addition to polish.

i can't justify 20 bucks for two polishes though when half the box is basically a product. i get it and i don't mind the selection system but i do love to be excited about the product. i almost, almost was tempted to get my box (bombshell) because of lacey but now hearing about the bea one staining (read it in a few places, i believe) i'm super glad i didn't.
I almost got bombshell, too, but I really didn't want the product. I see what you mean. I've only been a Maven since May, and May was the only month I was dying to get the product. I was so darn excited about those lipsticks! I think they were totally worth a third of the cost if the box. I usually look at NOT getting it girl as giving up a polish, so the product has to convince me it is better than the polish. It sounds like you are the same! Also, I hope you added on Lacey bc it is so pretty!
I would love if Julep did a fall variety of their mini lipsticks but that seems very unlikely. Maybe a few plum shades or wearable reddish oranges. I really wish they would present a few more makeup products. I'm kind of in love with blushes and lip stains and would love if julep gave those a a shot. A great smelling facial scrub and mask might be nice but they have yet to do any form of skincare that I can recall. Maybe a mask with glycolic since they've tried his with the hand cream might be more in their comfort zone. I don't really want a new body care product. I rarely get excited over those. I really hope that September is filled with rich fall colors! I've been dying to upgrade for a while now but nothing's pulling me in.
I'm with you on the makeup items. Color cosmetics get me as giddy as nail polish! I was trying to think of nail/body care items for them to include, but on second thought those would be too boring. Butter London just came out with some cosmetics, & I think Julep could follow the same route. I, too, have been dying to upgrade! September is my bday month, so I can totally justify it this time around. Actually my bday is Sept 25, so they will have two chances to grab me since the window opens on 9/20 for October. Maybe they will do two stunning collections in a row and I will get super birthday presents to myself!

what beauty products are you all hoping for? they just came out with the one-use masks but i would like a set of three tubes that they could sell individually in larger sizes. however, they haven't done anything like that (i.e. with the lipsticks in may being mini and never sold individually or larger or expanded into more colors). they have had the warming foot scrub in the sale section since the savvy deal page existed so i bet they're reformulating it (they've reformulated the hand scrub and hand cream).

i don't like the 'workhorse' type products like the foot stick- i'd rather have the pampering ones. i would be interested in a foot scrub, cuticle/nail treatment, moisturizing or blackhead removal mask.. i'd especially like an anti-aging, moisturizing eye cream and cooling eye de-puffer.
I love the idea of eye cream.  

I also wish Julep would put that Mint Condition pedi cream in a Maven box.  Yes, I'm still annoyed that it is only in the intro boxes. 
rolleyes.gif

Also, I love the mini lipsticks & wouldn't mind seeing more colors of those.  

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree luckyme. That means the color bled through the protection base AND another polish!! There should be a caution or advisory about the polishes that stain, especially the ones that are worse than others.
iagree.gif
a stain advisory would be nice.

Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the idea of eye cream.  

I also wish Julep would put that Mint Condition pedi cream in a Maven box.  Yes, I'm still annoyed that it is only in the intro boxes. 
rolleyes.gif

Also, I love the mini lipsticks & wouldn't mind seeing more colors of those.  
I don't think I would want an eye cream in my nail box. And yes, I am annoyed about the Mint Condition, too. A PERFECT PAIRING to me, just based on colors, would have been the friction stick (blue packaging), pedi cream (green packaging) and a blue or green nail color to coordinate with the other two colors. Visually appealing. If Julep just HAS to expand into other beauty care products, I would like to see them expand the polish/lipstick combo like Butter London is doing. And it seems like Julep's lipsticks went over well with most people, but that was before I joined. I am very picky about my lipstick though, so maybe I am just dreaming if I think that would be a good direction to go. Mostly, I wish they would work on NAIL PRODUCTS! I DO NOT LIKE the Hand Creme in the Golden Mystery Box. I had ordered the hand brightening cream, but I could see a difference in one application. Maybe with continued use. But I LOVE the Glycolic Hand Scrub. Wonderful stuff! Now I need a really GOOD foot scrub .... wonder how the Glycolic Hand Scrub would work on the feet??? Anybody tried it?

Wish they would hurry up and hint at the mystery boxes already!
I feel your pain, lol! I am more excited about what's in the box then the actual box. Now that's crazy. I think it is just the anticipation.

Originally Posted by pvtfridays /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wish they would hurry up and hint at the mystery boxes already!
Me too!

I even went back through my emails to see what dates they'd released them (around the 8th-12th of the month) before. So it should be by the end of this week, Monday at the latest :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not sure if I'll get one yet but I had such a good experience with the Golden mystery box I want more so I'll probably cave :-D Especially if it includes a limited edition color.

Argh, nooooo! That's the box I picked!

Zoya Darcy looks crappy on my fingernails, though I wanted to love it. I had high hopes for Bea.
madd.gif

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think I would want an eye cream in my nail box. And yes, I am annoyed about the Mint Condition, too. A PERFECT PAIRING to me, just based on colors, would have been the friction stick (blue packaging), pedi cream (green packaging) and a blue or green nail color to coordinate with the other two colors. Visually appealing. If Julep just HAS to expand into other beauty care products, I would like to see them expand the polish/lipstick combo like Butter London is doing. And it seems like Julep's lipsticks went over well with most people, but that was before I joined. I am very picky about my lipstick though, so maybe I am just dreaming if I think that would be a good direction to go. Mostly, I wish they would work on NAIL PRODUCTS! I DO NOT LIKE the Hand Creme in the Golden Mystery Box. I had ordered the hand brightening cream, but I could see a difference in one application. Maybe with continued use. But I LOVE the Glycolic Hand Scrub. Wonderful stuff! Now I need a really GOOD foot scrub .... wonder how the Glycolic Hand Scrub would work on the feet??? Anybody tried it?
I use the Pink Grapefruit Body scrub on my feet & legs. Leaves them feeling soft and moisturized.

I love the Glycolic hand scrub (but have only used it on my hands).  I haven't tried the hand creme in the Golden mystery box, but now I'm suspicious of it.  What didn't you like about it?  

Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use the Pink Grapefruit Body scrub on my feet & legs. Leaves them feeling soft and moisturized.

I love the Glycolic hand scrub (but have only used it on my hands).  I haven't tried the hand creme in the Golden mystery box, but now I'm suspicious of it.  What didn't you like about it?  
The thickness and stickiness of it and how little difference it appeared to make. I have been using Caudalie's Hand and Nail Cream, but am thinking of switching to Crabtree and Evelyn's Rose.

Argh, nooooo! That's the box I picked! Zoya Darcy looks crappy on my fingernails, though I wanted to love it. I had high hopes for Bea. :madd:
Yea, I have Zoya Darcy. Although the color is gorgeous it is hideous on my nails. I was thinking maybe I received a bad bottle. I guess it is just the formula. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back