Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by superhans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm east coast and my box shipped sept 10 but is still in WA as of shipping status today...
Same here.  Julep was the first sub box I joined and loved because it was shipped when I ordered.  Waiting a week or 2 for it to show up makes me think about just spending the money on shipping with other companies to get stuff before I forget I ordered it.  I've been a huge Julep fan since I signed up in March, have gotten all my boxes and the mystery boxes but DHL shipping is having me change my mind.

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This pisses me off to know end... I maneuvered around and got the microglitters I wanted for $29.97. And 3 weeks later, they offer them to people who didn't even get a box for $15 ... WTH, Julep? 

aw... angi. ): have you considered trading? it does take some effort but there will be people on the Julep swap group on FB to pre-sell the polishes each month they have for a certain amount, which will at least be cheaper than Julep's.......possibly most likely faster shipping too

Is there a special swap group you're talking about? I swear I see several people discuss fb swap groups for polish/makeup and I never find them. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a special swap group you're talking about? I swear I see several people discuss fb swap groups for polish/makeup and I never find them.
frown.gif

https://www.facebook.com/groups/247031492082531/?fref=ts I believe this is the most active one?

Quote: Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a special swap group you're talking about? I swear I see several people discuss fb swap groups for polish/makeup and I never find them.
frown.gif

I use one called Ipsy Swap. Even though it's called Ipsy, everyone swaps everything. I found out about it a few months back, and I've actually been trading on there more than here since then. 

Quote: Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I placed an order on 9/1.  It was given to DHL on 9/5.  It apparently departed Auburn, WA on 9/6 by truck and just updated as ready to give to USPS today, 9/12, in MD.  I'll let you know if I get it tomorrow.

Hasn't even been handed over to USPS yet.  I will definitely be complaining to Julep about this new shipping, it has been over 2 weeks since I placed my order.

Hasn't even been handed over to USPS yet.  I will definitely be complaining to Julep about this new shipping, it has been over 2 weeks since I placed my order.
That stinks. I had been waiting for my package to get transfered to usps but it just showed up Saturday. Maybe the same will happen for some still waiting.

Nope. The West Coast is not exempt. Mine disappeared for a week between the Auburn DHL and USPS points, right after Julep handed it over to DHL. I'm in Portland, pretty much a straight shot down the interstate. I used to make this drive at least once a month in just over two hours (and only got a speeding ticket one time in fifteen years!).
I seriously think everyone who's having problems with DHL needs to not only write Julep, but also complain to DHL. Mention the specific warehouses that are holding packages too long. They probably need a larger staff, or need to reevaluate their existing staff (someone's goofing off). If they get enough complaints they can't ignore them. Now, my problem seems to be that my mail person doesn't feel like delivering items on certain days, like packages. I haven't even gotten most of my magazines yet, and it's already September 17th. Looks like I need to write the postal service...

The thing with DHL, as I've learned from the Ipsy/DHL issues, is that the companies "rent" space on a pallet. So lets say Julep rents a portion of a pallet in each hub, well those pallets aren't going to move until they are full. So unfortunately this can mean that some packages get stuck in certain locations longer than others. I had two Ipsy subs for a while and they took different routes to get to me and some months one bag would get stuck for days while the other moved pretty quickly. It could be short staff or other issues but overall it is just how that shipping method works. It sucks for sure though! 

My Supernova Mystery box arrived today 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It's a lot of goodies for what I paid for it.  The polishes from left to right are:

Estelle, Clio, Joanna, Veronica, America, Lacey, Morgan, and Blakely.  Many pretty colors and just one dupe for me (Clio).  That been said, I almost exclusively wear creams so for me this is kind of a bust since there is just one cream, Veronica.  I also have taken a liking to Joanna and Estelle but I think I am going to have to set up a trade list for the rest.  As gorgeous as they are I'll probably never use them.  Obviously this is my own fault though for ordering a cosmic mystery box, of course it would be fun of sparkly things!

Has anyone tried the moisture mask yet?  Is it any good?

EDIT: Oopsie, I just realized that there is a September mystery box thread and that this probably should have gone there 
icon_eek.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My Supernova Mystery box arrived today 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It's a lot of goodies for what I paid for it.  The polishes from left to right are:

Estelle, Clio, Joanna, Veronica, America, Lacey, Morgan, and Blakely.  Many pretty colors and just one dupe for me (Clio).  That been said, I almost exclusively wear creams so for me this is kind of a bust since there is just one cream, Veronica.  I also have taken a liking to Joanna and Estelle but I think I am going to have to set up a trade list for the rest.  As gorgeous as they are I'll probably never use them.  Obviously this is my own fault though for ordering a cosmic mystery box, of course it would be fun of sparkly things!

Has anyone tried the moisture mask yet?  Is it any good?

EDIT: Oopsie, I just realized that there is a September mystery box thread and that this probably should have gone there 
icon_eek.gif

XD Flowerfish, when/if you get the chance, my offer to trade some of my julep cremes for your sparklies is still up! if you like any of the colours I have.....

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

XD Flowerfish, when/if you get the chance, my offer to trade some of my julep cremes for your sparklies is still up! if you like any of the colours I have.....

I'll check out your link right now, I remember you had some I liked! 

I tried to pick up Vivian with a few other colors because of the $15 off $40 promo but all the colors I want are sold out.

I am surprise at myself but I held off on temptation. I only purchased my monthly box and was not pleased about the Trio sale. I may skip next month. I am kind of over polish for the moment. We will see what happens for Oct.

Back