Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like whole new direction they are going with the polish. The brush me pretty perfect, it is flat enough but still slightly round. My polish went on absolutely perfect and had no weird infamous runny yet goopy Julep issues. I have skipped since May so maybe I need to get back on the bandwagon and start ordering each month.

I've never tried Zoya's, I hear rave reviews about it one day I must get it. I liked Julep's being lint free I always end up with little fuzzies from the cotton balls which us quite annoying. I've had my fair share of those little suckers getting trapped in my polish and messing a good manicure up. But yea, I'd never pay $8 for them, maybe $4.

Heather, the Graham Professional Ultra remover pads that I use are lint-free ... I, too, have had many a manicure ruined by fuzzies! You can pick them up at Sally.

Quote: Originally Posted by redjill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sorry... I couldn't tell what the survey was about in the email. I took it and told them my friends aren't into polish like I am. They're either low maintenance or they're only into big name makeup brands. Also all my friends are poor.

I'm a relatively new Maven; I signed up in May and my first sub box was the June one. I also ordered the May one. The only box I was meh about was the June one; the DD cream was too dark for my ghost-pale skin. I gave it to my mom. All the rest of the boxes have been awesome in my eyes. My favorite was July's collections, for the theme (I live in CA), and the colors. I'm Boho Glam, but often buy some of the It Girls and Bombshells on the side. I haven't switched yet though. I haven't had much of a problem with the DHL shipping YET. My Maven box this month actually took longer to arrive than my other orders, and i know it wasn't shipped through DHL. I don't really have anything to complain about with Julep except maybe the price increases in their secret sale... But then every company I know has jacked up their prices, so it's nothing new. I'm probably going to stay a Maven until I have a horrible experience or I can't spend any more money on polish.
tongue.gif

redjill, we have been a Maven for the same length of time...I bought the May intro box and had them send me the June It Girl box (just a couple of weeks apart). July was my first Maven selection window to participate in. And July WAS a good month! And I hear that May was a good month. And I think September is a good month (except Reece and I are still having problems ... no purple in mine...). So their track record (based on everyone's mass comments is that they have had a good month, followed by a so-so month, another good month, another so-so....I would just prefer a little more notice when they make changes ... have they ever come out and said, hey, we're raising the prices a little in the Secret Store... no ... they just left it to us to figure out. Wonder if they noticed a drop in their secret store orders this month and, if so, do they realize it is because we realized the prices were higher? It is my understanding that all of these little "tweaks" has been since they had an investment in their company. What I am wondering is where they doing this all along or is this a result of the investment in their company? 

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GAH! It's SOOO tempting. I must remember how disappointed I always am with mystery boxes & the slow shipping....

That $5 code is tempting .... but stay strong ... you could buy one of the polishes on your wish list for what you would be spending on the mystery box.........

I wrote to Julep Customer Service on Monday. My packages finally moved from Memphis last night to my hometown post office. Coincidence? Julep wrote me back after they moved to my post office to tell me that they had moved. They said they will be making more changes in shipping over the next few months. I also complained LOUDLY on their FB page today and a few other people chimed in. I told them as long as their subscription service brought me more pleasure than stress, I would try to be patient.

Sep 11 01:20 pm (PDT)

Hello Angi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are always looking to improve our Maven program. We are a young company so we rely on our Mavens to let us know what we're doing right and what we can improve upon. We are happy to pass this feedback along, in fact we are hoping to make some changes regarding shipping over the next few months.

We have experienced some delays from orders placed over the holiday weekend. Both of your orders are currently in the care of USPS in Bruceton, TN tracking numbers: 9274899998451300071375 (9/1/2013) and 9274899998451300066500 (8/31/2013). 
We appreciate your patience as we transition and expand as a company. We look forward to improving your experience with Julep and hope you have a lovely day!

Maven Customer Service Team

1-877-651-3292
www.julep.com
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST
Saturday 9am-1pm PST
Sunday Closed

I m surprise that they response to you so fast. I am still waiting for them to response to my email regarding order status and missing items from my secret store order.

Did anyone order the mystery box and get shipping confirmation yet? Ordered mine early Monday morning but no tracking yet - a friend got her tracking info yesterday and ordered at same time. They do say up to five days, which technically gives them up through Friday, but I remember it typically going faster.

What's sad is shipping takes so long we cant even wait for some to get their boxes to decide if we want them or not.  Come on Julep you have a warehouse in NJ now....I should get shipments in two days ...or how about you let me just pick it up.

Quote: Originally Posted by superhans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone order the mystery box and get shipping confirmation yet? Ordered mine early Monday morning but no tracking yet - a friend got her tracking info yesterday and ordered at same time. They do say up to five days, which technically gives them up through Friday, but I remember it typically going faster.
 I ordered late on Monday and it still shipped on Tuesday.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GAH! It's SOOO tempting. I must remember how disappointed I always am with mystery boxes & the slow shipping....

Yeah, I was super disappointed with my first mystery box that I got last month but I still went for it this time! there's something about a code that's so hard to resist!

I

Has anyone received their secret store purchase yet?  My box has been in Hebron, KY and is marked ready for USPS drop off since 5:49am Sept 9th.  It is still not in route to the post office!!!?? I am really annoyed that it is not moving.   I ordered on the 1st and it was shipped on the 5th. Its one thing for packages to move slowly, its another thing to for them to sit idle for days.   :mad:
I just got it yesterday. It went quickly once it was shipped, but they didn't ship it for like four days. Whatever, I'm patient. At least I don't have to pay $7 like Sephora... And Sephora takes longer.

Quote: Originally Posted by redjill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I Quote: Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received their secret store purchase yet?  My box has been in Hebron, KY and is marked ready for USPS drop off since 5:49am Sept 9th.  It is still not in route to the post office!!!??

I am really annoyed that it is not moving.   I ordered on the 1st and it was shipped on the 5th.

Its one thing for packages to move slowly, its another thing to for them to sit idle for days.  
mad.gif

I just got it yesterday. It went quickly once it was shipped, but they didn't ship it for like four days. Whatever, I'm patient. At least I don't have to pay $7 like Sephora... And Sephora takes longer.
You need to request a Sephora Flash invite. I paid $10 and get all of my Sephora orders within 2 days with free shipping for one year. 

https://www.sephora.com/profile/flash/authenticate.jsp?_requestid=143640

Hi Ladies, I recently came across a $5 off promo code for Julep. it is BG74L8U. You do have to spend more than $20 but its perfect for getting the middle size mystery box because it brings the box to under $20. Hopefully it still works. Just wondering, how much do you ladies spends on nail polishes each month? I realize I have been spending more than $100 a month since I started in May 2013.. this is bad isn't it?
Thanks for the code! That justified my purchase of the supernova box. Hope it has lots of shimmers. XD I spend about $40-$70 on polish a month these days. I used to buy mostly Sephora by OPI, but it seemed impossible to keep up with all the limited edition colors.

Quote: Originally Posted by yunii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi Ladies,

I recently came across a $5 off promo code for Julep. it is BG74L8U. You do have to spend more than $20 but its perfect for getting the middle size mystery box because it brings the box to under $20. Hopefully it still works.

Just wondering, how much do you ladies spends on nail polishes each month? I realize I have been spending more than $100 a month since I started in May 2013.. this is bad isn't it?

Thanks for sharing the code.  I ended up ordering the Supernova Mystery Box.  I've never ordered mystery anything before, but curiosity got the better of me this time.  I decided that with Christmas coming up in 3 months even if I dislike everything I get they will all make good stocking stuffers for my girlfriends.

I also got the Mulled Wine add on, that is definitely for me 
wub.gif

I placed an order on 9/1.  It was given to DHL on 9/5.  It apparently departed Auburn, WA on 9/6 by truck and just updated as ready to give to USPS today, 9/12, in MD.  I'll let you know if I get it tomorrow.

I placed a (secret store) order on Sept 1 as well...but have not received any tracking/shipping email yet. Hmm. Sent a msg to their CS so we'll see what's going on!

I placed Cosmic in my shopping cart. I used the $5 code. I got to the add-ons and did not like a single one. It was a long-enough pause to realize what I was contemplating and I backed the order out. Julep had me THISCLOSE to buying.

I caved. Got the Cosmic box with the mystery add on.  Of course with the DHL shipping it won't get here for three weeks and it will have all duplicates.  At least the nieces will be happy.

I really want somebody to say, "I told you so."   And remind me of this moment next month when I start waffling again.

biggrin.gif

I placed Cosmic in my shopping cart. I used the $5 code. I got to the add-ons and did not like a single one. It was a long-enough pause to realize what I was contemplating and I backed the order out. Julep had me THISCLOSE to buying.
Whew! That was close! On another note, I decided to try Karmen out today... I wasn't crazy about it on my swatch sticks, but now that it is on my tips, I love it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The new brushes are great. I can get full coverage on most of my digits. So far, I've tried 3 of the 5 shades I ordered in September, & loved them all. Application was a breeze & the wear time was exceptional. Maybe the shipping thing sucks, but I feel like their polishes are going in the right direction. Although I'm not going to be buying any mystery boxes, I will likely continue to get my Maven box each month.

I caved and got the cosmic box and mystery add on. Had a rough couple of days and decided to treat myself ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not that I need more polish this month. Haha.

Any ideas about the mystery add on?? I don't see any single product that has a $36 value on the site.

Latest posts

Back