Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any ideas about the mystery add on?? I don't see any single product that has a $36 value on the site.

About that...

Someone posted this on Reddit

Any ideas about the mystery add on?? I don't see any single product that has a $36 value on the site.
About that...
Someone posted this on Reddit
Interesting! I'd be happy with that.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That stinks. I keep saying I'm done with julep, then the maven window opens & I'm in love again. Sounds like an abusive relationship.
frown.gif

I'm pretty sure they changed the brush with the new packaging last month! I really like the new brush, too. As for the polish remover wipes, I liked them, too, but WAY too expensive. I actually do spend a little more and get Zoya remove plus, but julep's is ridiculous.

I didn't finish the survey either, although I should go finish it & say, "Perhaps you should focus on KEEPING your Mavens instead of getting new ones."

I said exactly that as a reason why I wouldn't refer new people to Julep.

I'm pretty sure this is useless since like most likely everyone on this thread has a Julep acct already, but this was the first post on my SB board today: 

This is basically the same promo Julep has had with free box + FS, but 500SB can be exchanged for a $5 Sephora e-gift card (or like 450 SB for an Amazon e-card) and they also have other different stores like Starbucks and Target... .and...yes....

Just thought I should share!

I just bit on the $7.00 Olivia. I had signed up for the Julep texts and they sent a code for 50 percent off your next color. I put in the code just playing around and it took off the total amount. Whoo Hoo!

So Reece, Karmen, and Tatiana are on sale as a trio for $15. http://www.julep.com/tgif/glitterati.html Annoying. Somehow I get the message that Julep is trying to send is "don't buy a box, you'll find a better deal later!" SIGH
Yep. This. I skipped the last three boxes & still managed to get most of the colors I wanted really cheap a few weeks later. I ordered this + the Night Shades set for $ 19.98 with the $5 off code!

So Reece, Karmen, and Tatiana are on sale as a trio for $15. http://www.julep.com/tgif/glitterati.html Annoying. Somehow I get the message that Julep is trying to send is "don't buy a box, you'll find a better deal later!" SIGH
This stinks. I wish being a maven had more perks. We have to take a chance & order colors that aren't accurately represented, so we should be getting the best deal. Having this set for $15 is like offering the 3 at add-on price ($4.99). If they are going to offer these deals, they need to either add another polish to each Maven box or lower the price.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So Reece, Karmen, and Tatiana are on sale as a trio for $15.

http://www.julep.com/tgif/glitterati.html

Annoying. Somehow I get the message that Julep is trying to send is "don't buy a box, you'll find a better deal later!" SIGH

Seriously? The 3 colors I wanted the most for less then the price of a box?  How is this supposed to be encouraging people to buy the monthly boxes?  This is pretty irritating.

Annoying. Somehow I get the message that Julep is trying to send is "don't buy a box, you'll find a better deal later!" SIGH

I got that in a text last night (mobile insider thingy) at around two am... I almost broke my phone clicking on BUY NOW so hard. haha. It said it was a Friday the 13th deal, so I was afraid it would be sold out or something. Those are literally the three colors I wanted most out of the whole collection, and the price is really good. So yeah. Happy girl right here. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Opened up the mailbox today and was puzzled by the presence of a small Julep box.

Dear Julep, I think it's time for us to break up.  I placed my Secret Store order so long ago that I forgot about it.

So I ordered the Supernova Mystery Box. The next day it shipped (on Thursday). It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow on Monday. It seems that DHL does its job as long as it's only shipping down the west coast. Maybe there's a problem with some DHL warehouses messing things up. :/

So I ordered the Supernova Mystery Box. The next day it shipped (on Thursday). It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow on Monday. It seems that DHL does its job as long as it's only shipping down the west coast. Maybe there's a problem with some DHL warehouses messing things up. :/
That's good news. Maybe since julep is adding an East coast warehouse we will begin to see some kinks worked out.

Quote: Originally Posted by redjill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please post pictures when you get it. I ordered the cosmic one on Friday. I don't think it has shipped yet.

This pisses me off to know end... I maneuvered around and got the microglitters I wanted for $29.97. And 3 weeks later, they offer them to people who didn't even get a box for $15 ... WTH, Julep? 

Nope. The West Coast is not exempt. Mine disappeared for a week between the Auburn DHL and USPS points, right after Julep handed it over to DHL. I'm in Portland, pretty much a straight shot down the interstate. I used to make this drive at least once a month in just over two hours (and only got a speeding ticket one time in fifteen years!).

Yep. This. I skipped the last three boxes & still managed to get most of the colors I wanted really cheap a few weeks later. I ordered this + the Night Shades set for $ 19.98 with the $5 off code!
$5 code?

Back