Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrote Customer Service to complain about DHL. The box I ordered last Saturday has been sitting in Memphis since Thursday morning at a DHL facillity, with no expected delivery date. It should have gotten to my house by Friday at the earliest and Saturday at the latest. Plus, Julep's FB comments are littered with complaints about orders not received yet. I asked that they consider switching back to USPS and just asking us to pay more for shipping if we want it faster.
That stinks. I keep saying I'm done with julep, then the maven window opens & I'm in love again. Sounds like an abusive relationship. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
When did Julep change their brushes? I have never had a Julep polish just go on so effortlessly. I also decided to try the polish remover wipe, I loved it. I'm so used to pure acetone so it was a pleasant change. I went to Julep's site to see how much they were. As nice as they are it is not worth $8 in my opinion. I can get a bottle of remover for $2-$3 and last me about a month or so. Those wipes would last me about a week if even that. I wish they were cheaper so I could just buy a lifetime supply and be done with it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm pretty sure they changed the brush with the new packaging last month! I really like the new brush, too. As for the polish remover wipes, I liked them, too, but WAY too expensive. I actually do spend a little more and get Zoya remove plus, but julep's is ridiculous.
Just got a survey from Julep about their Maven program. I'm guessing you guys will want to voice your opinions to them. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got it and was excited to voice my opinion but it was all about the referral program so I didn't even finish it.
I didn't finish the survey either, although I should go finish it & say, "Perhaps you should focus on KEEPING your Mavens instead of getting new ones."

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't finish the survey either, although I should go finish it & say, "Perhaps you should focus on KEEPING your Mavens instead of getting new ones."

Haha--so true!  
claps.gif

That stinks. I keep saying I'm done with julep, then the maven window opens & I'm in love again. Sounds like an abusive relationship.
frown.gif

I'm pretty sure they changed the brush with the new packaging last month! I really like the new brush, too. As for the polish remover wipes, I liked them, too, but WAY too expensive. I actually do spend a little more and get Zoya remove plus, but julep's is ridiculous.

I agree with everything, Jessica! I can't resist when the Maven window opens. But $25 just to get Estelle ... I'm not biting.

I didn't notice the brush being different on the new colors ... but I didn't have a problem with the old brush and those packets are WAY too expensive. I prefer acetone so I get a huge bottle from Sally and pour it into a Menda bottle.

And I didn't get a survey ... guess I've let them know to many times on FB how I'm feeling ... as you said, KEEPINg Mavens instead of getting new ones.

I think my love affair with Julep is over but I'm not sure if it's me or the changes they have made since I joined. Did this happen with some of the older Mavens?

That stinks. I keep saying I'm done with julep, then the maven window opens & I'm in love again. Sounds like an abusive relationship. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm pretty sure they changed the brush with the new packaging last month! I really like the new brush, too. As for the polish remover wipes, I liked them, too, but WAY too expensive. I actually do spend a little more and get Zoya remove plus, but julep's is ridiculous. I didn't finish the survey either, although I should go finish it & say, "Perhaps you should focus on KEEPING your Mavens instead of getting new ones."
I like whole new direction they are going with the polish. The brush me pretty perfect, it is flat enough but still slightly round. My polish went on absolutely perfect and had no weird infamous runny yet goopy Julep issues. I have skipped since May so maybe I need to get back on the bandwagon and start ordering each month. I've never tried Zoya's, I hear rave reviews about it one day I must get it. I liked Julep's being lint free I always end up with little fuzzies from the cotton balls which us quite annoying. I've had my fair share of those little suckers getting trapped in my polish and messing a good manicure up. But yea, I'd never pay $8 for them, maybe $4.

I like whole new direction they are going with the polish. The brush me pretty perfect, it is flat enough but still slightly round. My polish went on absolutely perfect and had no weird infamous runny yet goopy Julep issues. I have skipped since May so maybe I need to get back on the bandwagon and start ordering each month. I've never tried Zoya's, I hear rave reviews about it one day I must get it. I liked Julep's being lint free I always end up with little fuzzies from the cotton balls which us quite annoying. I've had my fair share of those little suckers getting trapped in my polish and messing a good manicure up. But yea, I'd never pay $8 for them, maybe $4.
If you have an ulta nearby, I'd suggest picking Zoya up there. You can use the $3.50 off $10 purchase or 20% off Ulta in store coupons. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They also have a GWP for Zoya through the end of Sept. I can't recall the specific details off the top of my head.

If you have an ulta nearby, I'd suggest picking Zoya up there. You can use the $3.50 off $10 purchase or 20% off Ulta in store coupons. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They also have a GWP for Zoya through the end of Sept. I can't recall the specific details off the top of my head.
I think you have to buy two or three Zoya polishes and you get a free sampler of Zoya treatment minis.

I got it and was excited to voice my opinion but it was all about the referral program so I didn't even finish it.
I'm sorry... I couldn't tell what the survey was about in the email. I took it and told them my friends aren't into polish like I am. They're either low maintenance or they're only into big name makeup brands. Also all my friends are poor. I'm a relatively new Maven; I signed up in May and my first sub box was the June one. I also ordered the May one. The only box I was meh about was the June one; the DD cream was too dark for my ghost-pale skin. I gave it to my mom. All the rest of the boxes have been awesome in my eyes. My favorite was July's collections, for the theme (I live in CA), and the colors. I'm Boho Glam, but often buy some of the It Girls and Bombshells on the side. I haven't switched yet though. I haven't had much of a problem with the DHL shipping YET. My Maven box this month actually took longer to arrive than my other orders, and i know it wasn't shipped through DHL. I don't really have anything to complain about with Julep except maybe the price increases in their secret sale... But then every company I know has jacked up their prices, so it's nothing new. I'm probably going to stay a Maven until I have a horrible experience or I can't spend any more money on polish. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also filled out the survey and comment on price and value of product. I should of comment on the slow response from them. They seem to takes days to weeks to response to a simple email.

I want the supernova Galaxy Mystery Box so BADLY. I'm trying to talk myself into the smaller one, but I'm hooked on opening those big boxes of polish. Last time I got two dupes (Dianne and the New York Jazz Trio), and I gave them to my sister, who was very happy with them. I don't care if I get dupes, as long as they're good colors. I love space... And polish... SPACE POLISH!! 8D

Hi Ladies,

I recently came across a $5 off promo code for Julep. it is BG74L8U. You do have to spend more than $20 but its perfect for getting the middle size mystery box because it brings the box to under $20. Hopefully it still works.

Just wondering, how much do you ladies spends on nail polishes each month? I realize I have been spending more than $100 a month since I started in May 2013.. this is bad isn't it?

Quote: Originally Posted by yunii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wondering, how much do you ladies spends on nail polishes each month? I realize I have been spending more than $100 a month since I started in May 2013.. this is bad isn't it?

I probably spent that much, if not more, when I first got into nail polish.

It really depends, if there's a new collection I'm in love with (especially if it's Debbie Lippmann or Rescue Beauty Lounge, ouch), I might spend more than that.

Then there are months when I spend none at all or just the cost of a Julep box. I'm on a no buy until November (I think that's when Sephora has its friends and family sale???), so we'll see.

Has anyone received their secret store purchase yet?  My box has been in Hebron, KY and is marked ready for USPS drop off since 5:49am Sept 9th.  It is still not in route to the post office!!!??

I am really annoyed that it is not moving.   I ordered on the 1st and it was shipped on the 5th.

Its one thing for packages to move slowly, its another thing to for them to sit idle for days.  
mad.gif

Hi Ladies, I recently came across a $5 off promo code for Julep. it is BG74L8U. You do have to spend more than $20 but its perfect for getting the middle size mystery box because it brings the box to under $20. Hopefully it still works. Just wondering, how much do you ladies spends on nail polishes each month? I realize I have been spending more than $100 a month since I started in May 2013.. this is bad isn't it?
I don't think it's bad, as long as you stay within your means. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Online shopping is extremely dangerous for me, so I do try to do my shopping in brick & mortar stores using cash. However, julep & Bondi have been hard to resist. I pay my husband (who deals with our finances) cash for what I purchase online to try to keep things in check.

Hi Ladies,

I recently came across a $5 off promo code for Julep. it is BG74L8U. You do have to spend more than $20 but its perfect for getting the middle size mystery box because it brings the box to under $20. Hopefully it still works.

I don't think it's bad, as long as you stay within your means.
smile.gif
Online shopping is extremely dangerous for me, so I do try to do my shopping in brick & mortar stores using cash. However, julep & Bondi have been hard to resist. I pay my husband (who deals with our finances) cash for what I purchase online to try to keep things in check.
I probably spend around $100 a month or more on just nail polish subs and nail polish purchases, but not consistently each month.  For me, I think it's just a phase right now.  I mean, I'm starting to get to the point where I am being more picky because I know I already have a color similar to whatever new color I see.  But I dont think it's bad and like jessicariley said, as long as you can afford it, I dont see what the big deal is.  I have to do something with my money and it provides me with hours of entertainment so I find it's worth it.  My bf will go out and buy a $60 video game every month or two or spend that much playing poker with his friends so it's all the same to me. 

Hi Ladies,

This code is currently working so I think I'm going to go and get the 24.99 mystery box for 19.99! Thanks yunii for the code! Crossing my fingers I won't get dupes.  

This code is currently working so I think I'm going to go and get the 24.99 mystery box for 19.99! Thanks yunii for the code! Crossing my fingers I won't get dupes.  
GAH! It's SOOO tempting. I must remember how disappointed I always am with mystery boxes & the slow shipping....

Quote: Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone received their secret store purchase yet?  My box has been in Hebron, KY and is marked ready for USPS drop off since 5:49am Sept 9th.  It is still not in route to the post office!!!??

I am really annoyed that it is not moving.   I ordered on the 1st and it was shipped on the 5th.

Its one thing for packages to move slowly, its another thing to for them to sit idle for days.  
mad.gif

Sorry to say, but that is just how DHL does things. Packages sit idle until they collect enough parcels heading in the same direction before moving to the next hub. It's completely ridiculous. We call Hebron, KY "Hellbron" over on the Ipsy thread. They seem to sit at that location longer than any other hub. I recommend sending Julep an email letting them know that you are dissatisfied with their shipping method.

Sorry to say, but that is just how DHL does things. Packages sit idle until they collect enough parcels heading in the same direction before moving to the next hub. It's completely ridiculous. We call Hebron, KY "Hellbron" over on the Ipsy thread. They seem to sit at that location longer than any other hub. I recommend sending Julep an email letting them know that you are dissatisfied with their shipping method.
Mine has been sitting in Auburn marked as ready for USPS handoff since Thursday. I already sent a WTF email. I live in Portland! It originated in Seattle! Yes, it was just a bottle of Reece, but it was actually a test order for me to see what their new shipping was like and decide whether to continue ordering. Result: FAIL. Edited because I got the originating city wrong. It's still a very nearby city.

I placed an order on 9/2.  I just came today.  This is so sad.  I really don't want to drop them especially since I decided to stop doing acrylic on my  nails for a few months and just paint my real nails (since I dont have to worry about ugly refill needs) and see if I can get them a little stronger.

Latest posts

Back