July The Look Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only see my information in my account.  But my June payment was on 6/20/2012 says Processing so I'm not sure if that is for the July bag or not.

edit: I have only received 2 bags and been charged for 3, so I guess I have a July bag coming.  May was awesome bag with the mini lipglosses and Laslo samples, June was ok with the eyeshadow, mascara, face serum sharpener and atopalm. 

I just got an e-mail saying they were closing down The Look Bag to focus on the store itself and yearly memberships will be refunded, and no one will receive any more bags, including the July bag:(

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is everyone else able to see a crap ton of other peoples' subscriptions in their account page? When I click "view order" on any of them I can see ALL of their account info! Shipping address, billing address, last 4 of CC, etc.

Whoah! Why? I see my name! LOL

Honestly I've never been disappointed with their bags. I enjoyed them each month so I am saddened by the email =/ I wonder why they did that. Was in not profitable for them?

Is everyone else able to see a crap ton of other peoples' subscriptions in their account page? When I click "view order" on any of them I can see ALL of their account info! Shipping address, billing address, last 4 of CC, etc.

From your page, it seems like I have a pending charge which I do not see from my end. I cant get to anywhere. I keeps on loading. I checked my MOP and there is indeed a pending charge.

Hoping to receive my last bag then.

No but nothing like a breach of security to wake me up. Have you called them and let them know you can see into other peoples accounts?

I got my confirmation tracking number email, they mailed it yesterday! I am excited to get it, but sad that it will be my one and only! Hopefully it is a good one!

Hello ladies,

I am helping with CS for The Look Store.com and The Look Bag.

I can assure you that everybody who has paid for a July bag will get one. If you have any questions about weather or not you are getting a July bag please email [email protected]. Please provide your full name when emailing so we can help locate your account info.

We sincerely apologize for all the troubles in the past few months.

Please do take advantage of the 20% discount that we are extending until the end of the year.

Originally Posted by The Look Store /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello ladies,

I can assure you that everybody who has paid for a July bag will get one. If you have any questions about weather or not you are getting a July bag please email [email protected]. Please provide your full name when emailing so we can help locate your account info.

Please do take advantage of the 20% discount that we are extending until the end of the year.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by The Look Store /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello ladies,

Thank you. Email sent.

I got my Look Bag today, the products are actually all really nice, I'm sad they are discontinuing the service. Picture of stuff underneath.

Bestey Johnson Parfum in tear drop like container.

2 Mini nail polishes in a shimmery orange and shimmery yellow (the orange polish smells like orange after application)

Bremenn Miracle cream

Ultraflesh  the gold standard Mascara (mini gold tube)

Korres Guava Lipstick in Beige (doesn't smell like guava but it's a very nice almost sheer color)

I really like the mascara, lipstick, and nail polish.

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my Look Bag today, the products are actually all really nice, I'm sad they are discontinuing the service. Picture of stuff underneath.

2 Mini nail polishes in a shimmery orange and shimmery yellow (the orange polish smells like orange after application)

Bremenn Miracle cream

Korres Guava Lipstick in Beige (doesn't smell like guava but it's a very nice almost sheer color)

It looks like a really nice bag. Hopefully if they relaunch they will start slow and come prepared so they can be more successful and we can enjoy it without worry.

Oh! That Ultraflesh mascara is the best that I have ever used, hands down. I thought Ultraflesh went out of business. I'm stoked to see it in the Look Bag, even though I'm not getting one and probably never will be since they're discontinuing. Hopefully they'll at least have it for sale in their store.

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bremenn Miracle cream

mine hasn't shipped out yet but I am not going to bug them about it yet because they keep responding on FB that if you paid you'll get one. I'm sad about them going out of business, hopefully it's just a break and they'll come back soon? *wishful thinking*

Wow I just checked my tracking info and it is only 2/3 hours away so it will either be delivered today or tomorrow and they just shipped it on the 17th. That is awesome since they ship from CA and I am in NC! That is faster shipping than my myglam bag or even my BA which was mailed out on the 13th and still won't get here until like the 25th... I wish they would stay open I love their fast shipping lol (take notes Beauty Army lol)

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mine hasn't shipped out yet but I am not going to bug them about it yet because they keep responding on FB that if you paid you'll get one. I'm sad about them going out of business, hopefully it's just a break and they'll come back soon? *wishful thinking*
I still haven't received a tracking either.

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still haven't received a tracking either.
I emailed them asking when mine was going to ship out and that is when they sent me my tracking number even though it had already been sent out. They probably wouldn't have even emailed me the tracking if I hadn't of asked.

People check your credit cards. Just found this one the Look Bag's facebook:

"Veena Thomas Laggner

Apparently I was paying for everyone else's bags who weren't charged - was shocked to check my credit card bill this week and find I was charged for *four* bags this month - even though I had canceled my subscription a month ago! Even weirder, I was alerted to this by a woman who *called* me at 7 am, saying that she had found my phone number in her Look Bag account (we have the same last name) - and she wanted to make sure I hadn't run off with her credit card info (she also canceled yet was charged five times). Very thankful I caught this and CS fixed it. I was livid - this was only one in a string of bad experiences. You're making the right step by closing - I've honestly never seen such a poorly run company before."

Wow!
icon_eek.gif

Back