Ladies you must get yourself some Pure Virgin Coconut Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am with you I am not crazy about the smell it actually annoys me but my doggie loves it LOL. Anyway I gotta lot of this and i like what it does for my skin, also using as a makeup remover, moisturizer and in the kitchen. I also heard or read ont he internet put on whole body before you get in shower and then shower and your skin will be really soft. Not sure but thats wheat I read. I hope it helps with my wrinkles so far I believe it is

It happened to me like that too. What I did was, I stopped using anything else and stuck to basic soap and C.O (Coconut oil). I noticed that when i tried to use something else I broke out. So maybe tonight just try C.O alone and see if there is a difference. If not, give it a day or two before you ditch it for something else. Sometimes our skin freaks out when we introduce a new product and it takes time to adjust to it.

I would usually just wash my face with Desert Esssence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash and that's it. I really like my face wash...it's just that I still have clogged pores. I guess the Coconut Oil is just bringing out those clogged pores making my skin surface more bumpy because my body is purging. I'll stick with it for a couple more days. Pray for me!

i use it all the time and love it! i use it as deep-conditioner and as a night cream. Amazing stuff!! Highly recommend.

My hair REALLY likes it, so do my eyelashes - Once I started using coconut oil on them they started growing back again, they were breaking off from to much masscara.

I'm very skeptical about it being used to block UV rays though... doesn't oil make your skin burn quicker? I have very pale skin which burn very quickly, so I think I'll stick with my sunscreen.

i read on the internet that mixing coconut oil with olive oil is very good. So i did a small tincture and I am going to use it when i get out of the shower. I will let you guys know how it turned out. When I mixed it, it seemed to blend together very well.

Also for you guys breaking out I heard that it will make things come to the surface but keep it up it does that and then gets better. My dh is using retinA for acne it does the same thing when he first started using he got tons of blackheads but now it is getting better.

Also before i mentioned I put my coconut oil into a metal tin and it MELTED. Well I let it sit open a couple days it hardened up and even closing it now it still stays hard or as hard as it can get.

BTW- Amazon sells Virgin Organic Coconut oil

wow!

I'm from the Philippines (lots of coconuts here), and the gov't it pushing for virgin coconut oil as one of the top exports.

but I was really skeptical about this because the way they advertise it-- its like the cure for everything! (cancer, AIDS/HIV, etc, etc)

I love coconut juice though! and try to drink it everyday for health and tasteful reasons :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

but wow :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm gonna try virgin coconut oil

Okay so update on the coconut mixed with olive oil: I LOVE IT!!! holy c%#&. Darn. My skin is smooth and overnight it seemed to exfoliate for me (I am guessing its the olive oil). This morning when I woke up i saw flakes of dead skin on the surface and after Exfoliating (I use brown and white sugar mixed with coconut oil) My skin was so smooth and soft I wanted to give an acceptance speech just because..::Grin::

If you want to try the olive oil and C.O I suggest you mix just a bit of the two and give it a test drive just in case you dont like it.

What an AWESOME post :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Coconut oil sounds like a miracle, I must get it and try. Hopefully I can try to find it here. Thanks empericalbeauty! My skin has been breaking out lately and since the oil is antibacterial Im sure it would help (since I started breaking out after joining the gym, it must be because of all the sweat and dirt) How odd that all this beneficial stuff comes from an oil lol.

i got it a few days ago. the smell is so divine. i kept my bottle of coconut cream shower and added a few drops in it, yum !

i applied a bit on my arm and my cat licked me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ok I use one oil cocoonut one night, squalane another night etc. Well now my dog comes and licks my face and if its coconut oil it tires to lick some more, if its squalane he licks and walks away. Must really taste good to our pets. LOL

Iv been using coconut oil on just my acne marks for the last few days but i havent seen any results yet, but im gonna continue using it for a month or so, I love the idea of using olive oil with the coconut oil, i use olive oil as my night moisturiser anyway so im gonna try mixing them together tonight.

i find that the coconut oil hasnt been making my face that soft when i wake up, so im going to try the olive oil thing and hope for the best. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

would it be bad if you use makeup after using the coconut oil as a moisturizer?

the co does sink into your skin..but would the makeup clog your face or anything?

i don't think so Rubiez :kopfkratz:

i used it on my skin and hair, and it's wonderful. i also used it in a green clay mask, and my skin was purified and moisturised. it's not enough for my skin so i added my regular moisturiser after, but i was surprised how much healthy my skin was looking. my redness was really reduced. i still have to wait in case my skin reacts to it, but so far, i'm loving it. i'm going to try the coconut/olive oil mix.

How did you mix the sugar with the coconut together...like what amounts did you use...i would think sugar would make your face break out

Latest posts

Back